The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:34:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Teyn Away Days

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teyn Away Days  (Read 9342 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2022, 10:37:04 am »

Is Barry Collins that's part of the new travel club that's formed because they don't like the direction the Trust is going the same Barry Collins on the Trust Board that has taken the Trust in that direction?

My experiences of Barry, are that he has a much more conciliatory and affable approach to things than some. Perhaps (just perhaps  Grin) he has his finger on the pulse of the supporters of NTFC more than some.. NOT YOU BTW ROGER..
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2022, 11:17:35 am »

If people on the Trust are helping to set up a new travel group to rival Trust Travel, would, just possibly, the Trust take notice that even their own Board Members/ Members are starting to lose patience with the way they are being run ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2022, 11:20:39 am »

Very disappointing Marvo, but could you do us a little favour and keep up your log in on here with some top statistics and regular **** take of those who are taking life too seriously, just like the good old days.

Take care, miss you.  Kiss

I ended up being a Marvo fan and hope he is back! If he is, it might draw a few recalcitrants back!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2022, 12:09:03 pm »

Is Barry Collins that's part of the new travel club that's formed because they don't like the direction the Trust is going the same Barry Collins on the Trust Board that has taken the Trust in that direction?
Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2022, 12:34:49 pm »

No. I don't sing along if I don't like the lyrics or it's not relevant, support comes in many guises my friend. I've done more than my fair share of supporting in the last 44 years.

As for the TEYN thing, still none the wiser but thanks for trying.
It's just certain groups of people who go around on social media saying 'Teyn' and 'M'duck' because they think it makes them 'more' Northampton or like my mother's 89 year old friend who has lived her whole life in Northampton.
Bit like girls trying to assimilate with Essex life by retorting 'Shat ap' to almost everything said!

Regarding coaches and travel. The several times I've travelled with them, Trust easily the best in my opinion, if for nothing else than pick up points in Abington, Kingsthorpe etc so much more convenient than the other two, who seem to think the whole fanbase revolves around Daventry and Sixfields!
CISC and Trust do both have decent pub stops en-route to be fair!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2022, 16:34:32 pm »

It's just certain groups of people who go around on social media saying 'Teyn' and 'M'duck' because they think it makes them 'more' Northampton or like my mother's 89 year old friend who has lived her whole life in Northampton.
Bit like girls trying to assimilate with Essex life by retorting 'Shat ap' to almost everything said!

Regarding coaches and travel. The several times I've travelled with them, Trust easily the best in my opinion, if for nothing else than pick up points in Abington, Kingsthorpe etc so much more convenient than the other two, who seem to think the whole fanbase revolves around Daventry and Sixfields!
CISC and Trust do both have decent pub stops en-route to be fair!

You were either born in the boroughs, or you weren’t.

I mean… There’s those that claim that they were actually born under the Hotel End. I’ve heard them sing about it you know 😀😀
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2022, 17:14:34 pm »

I mean… There’s those that claim that they were actually born under the Hotel End. I’ve heard them sing about it you know 😀😀

There's also those that claim they asked their mum whether they should support 'borough or Town.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2022, 18:14:27 pm »

There's also those that claim they asked their mum whether they should support 'borough or Town.   Roll Eyes

A question that has never crossed my mind..  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2022, 19:18:03 pm »

She gave a better answer than what "My Old Man" apparently suggested and got a mouthful of abuse for  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2022, 22:21:50 pm »

Funny you say that, said 89 year old dear (Brenda) was indeed born and brought up in the Boroughs...Spring added years later to try and instil an air of respectability!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2022, 16:30:45 pm »

Funny you say that, said 89 year old dear (Brenda) was indeed born and brought up in the Boroughs...Spring added years later to try and instil an air of respectability!

I can remember when Spring boroughs was sought after.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2022, 17:26:02 pm »

And those that saw Molly Malone.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2022, 17:49:39 pm »

And its Nooooorrr-thampton...Northampton Town FC. Is by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen...

Possibly an exaggeration, but I recall singing it very frequently!  Grin

I also don't recall actually ever hitting a Barnet fan with a brick but maybe others did!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2022, 18:15:23 pm »

I do.
Report Spam   Logged
Merry Comrade

View Profile
Level 3 Topic Starter One year Anniversary
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2022, 11:45:19 am »

Smiley
I know from personal experience how messy divorce can be and its usually the children that get hurt the most. Does anyone know if the trust will continue to run a bus? I've been using them since their inception and I do have a sense of ( perhaps misguided) loyalty.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2022, 11:58:38 am »

I don’t really understand this thread - sure the trust board have made some decisions people don’t agree with, sure there are some trust members that in my opinion stretch the boundaries on what is acceptable and respectful in the comments they make (I must stress that one of course works both ways being a splinter gathering appeaser!), but surely looking at the bigger picture the trust should be the embodiment of its 700 plus members and running what seems to be a popular and successful travel club fits with the latter and not the other points so why create yet another division?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2022, 12:55:55 pm »

I might use a Coach once every ten years, the last being four years ago, but its nice to have an option of never using a Trust Coach ever again.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2022, 13:15:38 pm »

I might use a Coach once every ten years, the last being four years ago, but its nice to have an option of never using a Trust Coach ever again.

Oh well there goes my attempt at a bit of unity  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2022, 13:29:10 pm »

Like all groups, TeynAwayDays and Trust Travel will be a success and continue if enough people want to use their services. Trying to apply a moral argument is fruitless, people will choose as is their want.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2022, 13:47:45 pm »

Like all groups, TeynAwayDays and Trust Travel will be a success and continue if enough people want to use their services. Trying to apply a moral argument is fruitless, people will choose as is their want.

For me cost comes first then loyalty is a close second.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: