The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:14:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Another Dump

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Dump  (Read 5383 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2022, 20:31:10 pm »

I was looking forward to a new ground (Solihull)....alas!!

Interesting to see they were only getting 2000 at their home games at the end of the season, and only took around 5500 to London today.

Their ground holds just over 5200 but is capable of offering 1000 to away teams such is the layout of the stadium. A bit better than the likes of Sutton, Harrogate and Barrow.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 20:52:45 pm »

I wonder if Grimsby, Mansfield, Port Vale, Rochdale, etc etc fans,with an imminent visit to Northampton coming up, think,
Oh excellent, we've got Northampton coming up, what a delightful, friendly, cultural, gastronomical treat we've got in store.
Have you been to the town centre lately?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 21:07:19 pm by Shoemender » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2022, 20:58:05 pm »

That sounds very much like the Leaking Boot - quite the s***tiest hotel I have ever stayed in - well actually I didn’t - I arrived late, paid about £20 cash to a shady looking guy on reception but took one look at the room and left without asking for my money back to find a decent B&B near the sea front.

A few years back I did a trek up Snowdon with some mates and the guy that arranged it booked us into a YMCA hostel afterwards. I was less than keen on the idea but was reassured they had private dormitories and he'd booked one just for us.
After we'd got back down and arrived at the hostel they had no idea about any private dormitories and we ended up in some godawful bunk room with a bunch of randoms that I hated at first sight. As we walked to the pub later me and one other guy (who was similarly appalled at the accommodation) were hanging back from the group and bemoaning our lot when we noticed a B&B with a vacancy sign, so with a nudge and a wink and not a word to anyone else we dodged in there and nabbed ourselves the last two rooms. It was a bit of a dump with a communal bathroom but it was like the Ritz compared to the other hell hole!!!

The other lot weren't impressed when we caught up with them at the pub and told them what we'd done but we were vindicated as later that night they were kept awake until all hours by the antics of the bellends they had to share the room with.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2022, 21:18:03 pm »

A few years back I did a trek up Snowdon with some mates and the guy that arranged it booked us into a YMCA hostel afterwards. I was less than keen on the idea but was reassured they had private dormitories and he'd booked one just for us.
After we'd got back down and arrived at the hostel they had no idea about any private dormitories and we ended up in some godawful bunk room with a bunch of randoms that I hated at first sight. As we walked to the pub later me and one other guy (who was similarly appalled at the accommodation) were hanging back from the group and bemoaning our lot when we noticed a B&B with a vacancy sign, so with a nudge and a wink and not a word to anyone else we dodged in there and nabbed ourselves the last two rooms. It was a bit of a dump with a communal bathroom but it was like the Ritz compared to the other hell hole!!!

The other lot weren't impressed when we caught up with them at the pub and told them what we'd done but we were vindicated as later that night they were kept awake until all hours by the antics of the bellends they had to share the room with.  Grin

A bunch of randoms - does our Derek have friends in the Snowdon area?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2022, 21:29:59 pm »

A bunch of randoms - does our Derek have friends in the Snowdon area?  Wink

I also said they were a load of bellends so, well, oh, OK, I take your point. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 16:23:37 pm »

I wonder if Grimsby, Mansfield, Port Vale, Rochdale, etc etc fans,with an imminent visit to Northampton coming up, think,
Oh excellent, we've got Northampton coming up, what a delightful, friendly, cultural, gastronomical treat we've got in store.

Any comparison with anywhere up north is pointless. Stop it at once.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 18:22:03 pm »

Even Harrogate?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2022, 18:46:20 pm »

I wonder if fans of Gillingham, Swindon, Stevenage, Crawley, etc etc, with an imminent visit to Northampton coming up, think,

Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 13:28:50 pm »

That sounds very much like the Leaking Boot - quite the s***tiest hotel I have ever stayed in - well actually I didn’t - I arrived late, paid about £20 cash to a shady looking guy on reception but took one look at the room and left without asking for my money back to find a decent B&B near the sea front.

Interesting history on the Leaking Boot online - liked that the landlord in the 70’s was fed up of the pub being trashed by visiting supporters so he made the premises entry and exit by only one door which was manned by a pair of Doberman Pinchers. Seems the pub/hotel was eventually burnt to the ground and based on my visit seems a distinct possibility it was an insurance job.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 17:37:33 pm »

Had a few beers in the Smugglers in Cleethorpes. A bit like being in The Bear although no one tried to sell me meat or razor blades.

Must admit I quite like seedy s***ty pubs. More interesting and have characters than pretentious over priced places.

House prices up there. Cheeeaapp
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 18:03:03 pm »

Had a few beers in the Smugglers in Cleethorpes. A bit like being in The Bear although no one tried to sell me meat or razor blades.
My local co-op has security tags on mince meat now.
And nobody goes in the Bear, unless theyre on the way to the Roadmender.
And I would have a few contributions, towards the thread "worst pubs you have been in"  Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2022, 18:06:20 pm »

Must admit I quite like seedy s***ty pubs. More interesting and have characters than pretentious over priced places.

House prices up there. Cheeeaapp

Brings back memories of The Swinging Sporran! I used to go there for a post work drink when I worked in the centre. You never went in there without some plain clothed coppers coming in and having a quick look around for some faces. On one memorable occasion I came across a guy on his hands and knees in the gents having a conversation with a urinal. It appeared to be answering him back...
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2022, 18:11:16 pm »

Brings back memories of The Swinging Sporran! I used to go there for a post work drink when I worked in the centre. You never went in there without some plain clothed coppers coming in and having a quick look around for some faces. On one memorable occasion I came across a guy on his hands and knees in the gents having a conversation with a urinal. It appeared to be answering him back...
Lovely sausage and chips in the Sporran, Tartan carpet the full works.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2022, 18:32:33 pm »

Upstairs or downstairs?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2022, 18:42:20 pm »

And nobody goes in the Bear, unless theyre on the way to the Roadmender.

I don’t mind it in there on occasion. Wouldn’t make a habit out of it but £3.50 a pint of Stella and I’ll probably bump into my Uncle JB as well. Local leg end.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2022, 19:08:34 pm »

Sorry to disappoint...that wasn't tartan, that was just the years of vomit stains.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2022, 19:23:23 pm »

The only time I went in there, was in the back of an old mini van, from booth lane college. The landlord was a bit frisky.
The driver of said van, had a mop of curly hair, and a dribble of saliva running down his chin. He maintained that he would be a millionaire soon.
Well, the last I heard, he had sold his empire for over 100 million.
Anybody involved in the motor trade, may have heard of Robert Wilkinson.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2022, 19:41:05 pm »

Upstairs or downstairs?

Upstairs. I never ventured downstairs.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2022, 19:41:49 pm »

The only time I went in there, was in the back of an old mini van, from booth lane college. The landlord was a bit frisky.
The driver of said van, had a mop of curly hair, and a dribble of saliva running down his chin. He maintained that he would be a millionaire soon.
Well, the last I heard, he had sold his empire for over 100 million.
Anybody involved in the motor trade, may have heard of Robert Wilkinson.

Does he want to buy the Cobblers?
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2022, 20:10:54 pm »

Does he want to buy the Cobblers?
Dunno. I havent seen him in 40 years. But I doubt it.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: