The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:13:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ticket And Tannoy Issues

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket And Tannoy Issues  (Read 11033 times)
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2022, 19:44:55 pm »

Maybe he enjoys the cheese grater ting although I suspect it would have a greater impact on the helmet. I love helmet friction.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2022, 19:45:23 pm »

Reality tv shows , based on real life/real time events like the one involving a once struggling football club like Peterborough United or even the popular Love Island series, are just for light entertainment, so to get so worked up as to disfigure your testicles with a cheese grater is a bit drastic.
probably says more about you.

What do you mean disfigure? It would be an improvement.
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2022, 16:30:10 pm »

Ticket system failed again then

South West being waved in their droves before KO.

And no scanning going on in the a North
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2022, 19:39:19 pm »

My queue on the west Stand was laughable. Clearly the scanning wasn't working properly from the time each person took to go through - and the Steward on the door made it worse by holding up the queue even more by searching most people - even little kids. Fortunately common sense intervened and a senior steward came down the queue checking tickets visually, the searches were stopped, and we just pushed through the turnstile and everyone got in before the kick-off. How on earth, a quarter century into the IT age , do we end up with a scanning system that doesn't work?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2022, 19:55:09 pm »

How on earth, a quarter century into the IT age , do we end up with a scanning system that doesn't work?

A lack of adequate testing and a poor implementation plan.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2022, 22:04:26 pm »

My queue on the west Stand was laughable. Clearly the scanning wasn't working properly from the time each person took to go through - and the Steward on the door made it worse by holding up the queue even more by searching most people - even little kids. Fortunately common sense intervened and a senior steward came down the queue checking tickets visually, the searches were stopped, and we just pushed through the turnstile and everyone got in before the kick-off. How on earth, a quarter century into the IT age , do we end up with a scanning system that doesn't work?

Grimsby had a similar problem last week.
It isn't unique to us
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2022, 22:05:53 pm »

I scanned without problem in the West. If they're letting people through the big gates is the attendance just guessed or based on ticket sales (including season tickets) irrespective whether people turn up?
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2022, 22:08:28 pm »

Be good to know if the problem is the tech itself or the process in how it is being used by fans not placing the barcode / qr codes correctly.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2022, 22:09:11 pm »

Was told I had to change my current season ticket card before entering the North Stand, as my current season ticket card doesn't have the required QR code for scanning.

Apparently, pretty much all season tickets have the long barcode at the bottom, instead of the correct QR code.

They said I could swap it after the game and they we're just letting everyone in the North Stand without even checking/scanning tickets!

Agree it's totally unprofessional and should have been tried and tested before releasing the season ticket cards.

Unacceptable, that the club haven't bothered to contact season ticket holders to let them know, so if anyone has a season ticket card with the long barcode along the botton, you need to get it swapped in the ticket office for one with a QR code before the next home game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 22:11:56 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2022, 22:22:07 pm »

I've got the long bar code on mine but the senior steward who came along queue busting was able to scan it with his device without issue. Quite whether the proper device mounted by the turnstile would have is anyone's guess!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2022, 22:25:52 pm »

Was told I had to change my current season ticket card before entering the North Stand, as my current season ticket card doesn't have the required QR code for scanning.

Apparently, pretty much all season tickets have the long barcode at the bottom, instead of the correct QR code.

They said I could swap it after the game and they we're just letting everyone in the North Stand without even checking/scanning tickets!

Agree it's totally unprofessional and should have been tried and tested before releasing the season ticket cards.

Unacceptable, that the club haven't bothered to contact season ticket holders to let them know, so if anyone has a season ticket card with the long barcode along the botton, you need to get it swapped in the ticket office for one with a QR code before the next home game.

They told us the same. Absolutely ridiculous. They only had the entire preseason to sort this out and have spectacularly failed.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2022, 22:35:25 pm »

I've got the long bar code on mine but the senior steward who came along queue busting was able to scan it with his device without issue. Quite whether the proper device mounted by the turnstile would have is anyone's guess!

It won't...

I went into the ticket office after the game, and swapped my one with the long bar code to one with a QR code and they confirmed only ones with a QR code will work at the turnstiles moving forward.

Cannot believe the club haven't even bothered to let all season ticket holders know...

Absolute tin pot.

This is the sort of sh1t the club supporters rep should be all over!!! I've messaged Tom but heard nowt.
Report Spam   Logged
Out Of Towner

View Profile
10 Posts Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2022, 22:39:21 pm »

Had to change mine before the game as the long barcode didn't work. Quick trip to the ticket office & it was resolved with a QR code. Oddly the barcoded season ticket worked for the game against Colchester.

For those that it worked without problems, definitely would be worth getting it changed to avoid any issue in future.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2022, 08:26:49 am »

Why have they not made an announcement that season ticket holders need to change their season tickets to one with QR codes. My ticket has the bar code at the bottom and I have been waved through in both games. It was too hot yesterday to be queuing up outside to get in.

I'll go up to Sixfields before the next game to change it.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2022, 09:09:26 am »

Well, well, well……where do I start, I mentioned this issue after the preseason friendly with West Brom, NOTHING has been done, the number of people out side the west stand yesterday trying to get in was ridiculous and on a boiling hot day.
As I have mentioned the fan experience at Northampton is diabolical, it really is just the loyalist of fans that go, is it any surprise we only got 4800 yesterday? Mind you it’s anyones guess as the steward didn’t even look at my ticket and just let everyone in at 2:55.
The club really is a shambles, the ticketing issues aren’t going away either, combine that with pîss poor parking, the general state of the stadium and that horrible stand we’ve had to look at for the last 6 years.
Kelvin Thomas the man who promises fûck all and delivers less.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
corno_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2022, 09:27:06 am »

Didn't tell me this!

What a mess, 14 days after issuing cards, they are re-issuing!!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2022, 09:37:19 am »

I scanned without problem in the West. If they're letting people through the big gates is the attendance just guessed or based on ticket sales (including season tickets) irrespective whether people turn up?

I had no issues too and in my queue, only one did. Apparently he had the wrong card that is missing the QR code. Unfortunately he insisted his card was ok! Eventually he was told by a steward very firmly to go to the TO and get a replacement.  What I can’t understand is that if you have a card with no QR code it won’t scan! I have read plenty of messages on this subject so why is it such a big issue. Just go the TO and sort it?  I hope the guy queuing at the last gate North End of West Stand is not on here!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2022, 09:45:48 am »

Love the way you assume that most ST holders are too clever not too notice there was no QR code on their card. If I can figure that ‘not so difficult issue’ out,  so can most on here!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:55:47 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

corno_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2022, 09:53:54 am »

The "wrong" ST's don't have a big gap where the QR code should be.

It has a long barcode which used to be read fine in previous seasons.

The issue is the club not communicating this (I certainly have not seen an announcement)
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2022, 10:04:08 am »

The "wrong" ST's don't have a big gap where the QR code should be.

It has a long barcode which used to be read fine in previous seasons.

The issue is the club not communicating this (I certainly have not seen an announcement)

You are making a big issue on an easily resolved issue. Certainly the club should have recalled the non QR codes ST cards.  But the issue on here has been well publicised. No point quoting past seasons! For instance when buying a ticket on line it has a QR code, did you not notice your card was missing the QR code?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: