The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:34:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ticket And Tannoy Issues

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket And Tannoy Issues  (Read 11010 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2022, 10:44:16 am »

You are making a big issue on an easily resolved issue. Certainly the club should have recalled the non QR codes ST cards.  But the issue on here has been well publicised. No point quoting past seasons! For instance when buying a ticket on line it has a QR code, did you not notice your card was missing the QR code?

You really are a sanctimonious old bugger - in previous years there was only ever a barcode instead of a QR code. At no point have the club made this clear, they have just pointed out that a new ticketing system is in place.  Why would someone notice that something that has never been there before was missing?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2022, 10:47:55 am »

You are making a big issue on an easily resolved issue. Certainly the club should have recalled the non QR codes ST cards.  But the issue on here has been well publicised. No point quoting past seasons! For instance when buying a ticket on line it has a QR code, did you not notice your card was missing the QR code?

We are a Professional Football League Club

The ticketing "upgrade" is amateur hour

It shouldn't require reading forum posts to know I have to go to the TO and replace my ticket

I have never bought single tickets online to know it uses QR

The club need to announce it.  Arriving in time for KO, means I would not have time to have visited the TO had I been prompted to.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2022, 11:12:30 am »

It’s not good. And the lack of communication regarding it, only serves to frustrate supporters more. I strolled over from the cinema car park. All the way down the stairs to the main service road. Turned right by the burger van, along the road to the end of the West stand. Nothing unusual about that then. Then in order to join the queue I turned right back up the hill on the grass, and almost back to where I had come from.

The snake of people very slowly meandered it’s way to the turnstile, until about five minutes before kick off, when all of a sudden the flood gates were opened, and it was a free for all to the open exit gate. It was very hot standing on that hill, and patience was definitely wearing thin with some.

I'd like to raise a couple of other issues that seem to be falling under the impossible to sort heading. The drinks that were being issued from the fidget were warm. Either they had not been in there long enough, or the fridges were turned on too late. In addition to this. Out of six possible sauce dispensers on the west concourse, only one worked, that was mustard.

In a slightly less ardent way, I have to agree with Manwork. The experience is deteriorating. Someone’s eye is not on the ball. From an operations and facilities perspective, cracks are turning into gaps in terms of service delivery.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2022, 11:24:54 am »

The majority of these are quick fixes with little outlay.
It is frustrating that these issues are still ongoing, providing the kindling to fuel complaints that could be so easily resolved.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2022, 11:41:41 am »

I have sent a message to Tom Cliffe and know a friend has also.

It’s things like all the recent messages which put off casual supporters from coming regularly and they are such simple fixes.

There’s no justification at all in not communicating at all that season tickets need to be replaced and I’ve said the club really should post them out rather than make supporters come to the ticket office to get them.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2022, 12:16:53 pm »

I have sent a message to Tom Cliffe and know a friend has also.

It’s things like all the recent messages which put off casual supporters from coming regularly and they are such simple fixes.

There’s no justification at all in not communicating at all that season tickets need to be replaced and I’ve said the club really should post them out rather than make supporters come to the ticket office to get them.

Tom has told me that he is monitoring the responses here.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2022, 12:27:14 pm »

My card was scanned and it does not have a QR code, just a bar code. Are these the same?

The club are clearly at fault if they have issued season ticket cards that do not scan. Blaming the customer is not a good look
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2022, 12:46:37 pm »

You really are a sanctimonious old bugger - in previous years there was only ever a barcode instead of a QR code. At no point have the club made this clear, they have just pointed out that a new ticketing system is in place.  Why would someone notice that something that has never been there before was missing?

Total rubbish. All the recent friendly tickets bought on line have the QR code. So what is new! What is unforgivable you assumed the club would hold your hand and kiss yr backside! Are you not connected with the IT world? If so it’s enough to make you laugh!  The only thing is that the Club might/should have made an apology notice some time ago! In fact Manny warned us all some weeks ago but you are not going to call him names are you😇
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 13:14:02 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2022, 13:00:37 pm »

My card was scanned and it does not have a QR code, just a bar code. Are these the same?

The club are clearly at fault if they have issued season ticket cards that do not scan. Blaming the customer is not a good look

Dan plus a few others including Grumpy have either contacted the TO or informed Uncle Tom Cliffe. Time he packed up monitoring and contacted the CEO!
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2022, 13:15:30 pm »

The barcode is just a vehicle for delivering data. It will probably be a string of numbers to act as a license plate to identify the barer. The difference between linear barcodes and QR codes is that a QR code can hold more data and maintain the maximum barcode quality of one of the 2 main international measures, (ANSI grade A or ISO 3.5 - 4).
The ticketing management system itself will be oblivious to which barcode type is communicating the data. What is probably occurring is the same scenario as when you go to the supermarket and the GTIN product code doesn’t scan. The person at the checkout therefore needs to manually input the data. The reason for the failure is that the barcode has failed or is of insufficient quality regarding one of the 10 measures used in a verification quality test. For example, the quiet zone (the white space at the beginning or end of a linear code may be of insufficient size). A simple barcode verification test should identify where the fault is. If it’s occurring with both linear and QR/Datamatrix then it may be the scanning hardware devices, but since these use image technology that is the same as in mobile phones the standard is pretty robust, so this is the least likely. If someone at the club wants to pm me I will carry out a test FOC, score some brownie points, a bit of free marketing and everyone’s a winner.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2022, 13:43:30 pm »

Well it is unfortunate you say that! If you don’t by now realise that the long bar code has been replaced by the QR code then we have a problem! Going by the way by the time etc on your message!
Report Spam   Logged

Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2022, 13:47:19 pm »

If season ticket holders have been issued with cards that don't work - it is hardly their fault!
Report Spam   Logged
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2022, 14:09:36 pm »

I just love the self importance of people on this forum that seem to assume that everyone holds the same knowledge as they do.
You have to understand that alot of supporters wouldn't know what a QR code is.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2022, 14:22:11 pm »

I just love the self importance of people on this forum that seem to assume that everyone holds the same knowledge as they do.

If everyone held the same knowledge, then Melbourne would not need to explain it. I think that it a very good offer from him to attempt to find a solution to the problem. Even if he does crack the whip, and get his IT lackeys to do it for him.  Grin
For what its worth mate, I would be surprised if the club even get in contact with you.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3063

« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2022, 15:25:30 pm »

Well it is unfortunate you say that! If you don’t by now realise that the long bar code has been replaced by the QR code then we have a problem! Going by the way by the time etc on your message!

No, you're wrong, they have not been replaced! Like West Stand I have a bar code season ticket and it scanned yesterday, no problem.

Did you see the tutorial on the website or Twitter? It clearly showed different types of tickets being scanned - including bar code season tickets.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2022, 15:30:22 pm »

If everyone held the same knowledge, then Melbourne would not need to explain it. I think that it a very good offer from him to attempt to find a solution to the problem. Even if he does crack the whip, and get his IT lackeys to do it for him.  Grin
For what its worth mate, I would be surprised if the club even get in contact with you.
Yes, thank you kid. Here I am fretting all day about supporters queuing up in the baking sun sweating their conkers off whilst waiting to get in, try to help, and that’s the thanks I get. I don’t know why I bother, I should let them all burn, apart from you obviously kid.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2022, 15:33:23 pm »

Total rubbish. All the recent friendly tickets bought on line have the QR code. So what is new! What is unforgivable you assumed the club would hold your hand and kiss yr backside! Are you not connected with the IT world? If so it’s enough to make you laugh!  The only thing is that the Club might/should have made an apology notice some time ago! In fact Manny warned us all some weeks ago but you are not going to call him names are you😇

Yeah, I've got 24 years experience of working in IT and in that time I've rolled out more projects than you've had hot dinners. In my experience few project rollouts fail due to technology faults (as long as there has been adequate testing, which should include functional, user acceptance and performance test phases). More projects fail due to poor implementations, either through bad communications or training. When the end user is a member of the public the opportunity to train them is limited, so the onus is on the project team to make the transition as seamless as possible and that clearly hasn't happened in this case.

I didn't buy any friendly tickets this year and haven't yet bought any cup tickets so the only ticket I've seen is my season ticket which, like the season tickets from previous years, only has a standard barcode on it. It really isn't a question of understanding  different barcode technologies - I've got a pretty good understanding of them as it goes - it should be a question of end users not having to know or care anything about them; the solution delivered should just work. If that involves "having your hand held" then yes, the club should absolutely do that because they should be catering for the lowest common denominator.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 15:39:30 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3529

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2022, 17:05:43 pm »

No, you're wrong, they have not been replaced! Like West Stand I have a bar code season ticket and it scanned yesterday, no problem.

Did you see the tutorial on the website or Twitter? It clearly showed different types of tickets being scanned - including bar code season tickets.
So did mine although I was still told by a bird in a high viz to get a replacement one with a QR code from the office before the next game.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3529

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2022, 17:07:06 pm »

Sad
It’s not good. And the lack of communication regarding it, only serves to frustrate supporters more. I strolled over from the cinema car park. All the way down the stairs to the main service road. Turned right by the burger van, along the road to the end of the West stand. Nothing unusual about that then. Then in order to join the queue I turned right back up the hill on the grass, and almost back to where I had come from.

The snake of people very slowly meandered it’s way to the turnstile, until about five minutes before kick off, when all of a sudden the flood gates were opened, and it was a free for all to the open exit gate. It was very hot standing on that hill, and patience was definitely wearing thin with some.

I'd like to raise a couple of other issues that seem to be falling under the impossible to sort heading. The drinks that were being issued from the fidget were warm. Either they had not been in there long enough, or the fridges were turned on too late. In addition to this. Out of six possible sauce dispensers on the west concourse, only one worked, that was mustard.

In a slightly less ardent way, I have to agree with Manwork. The experience is deteriorating. Someone’s eye is not on the ball. From an operations and facilities perspective, cracks are turning into gaps in terms of service delivery.
So there was one really really good dispenser and the rest were utter s***e?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2022, 17:21:45 pm »

So did mine although I was still told by a bird in a high viz to get a replacement one with a QR code from the office before the next game.

I didn't get told, so not getting a replacement, unless the club contact me and send in to me and my son. Also, why does the tutorial show an example of a supporter with a bar code on a season ticket successfully using the scanning system if they don't work?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: