The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:06:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hartlepool Sat 13th Aug.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartlepool Sat 13th Aug.  (Read 7625 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2022, 08:58:28 am »

I think this is about spot on, as usual.

I think Bungle is right a&out 4-3-3 but it all depends on who plays? Appéré, Hoskins, Magloire & Hylton will probably be somewhere in the 11. Am assuming Shelling is injured?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2022, 09:26:21 am »

Who is this Bulge guy that people keep referring to?

I said it once as a typo and now its his name. He is massive  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2022, 09:27:39 am »

Other  "interesting"  things that I found out whilst reading the Laws of the Game. If a player somehow managed to launch their throw-in into their own goal,  it would not count as a  goal. But a question for you,  how would the game restart?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2022, 09:31:50 am »

Indeed, its my account on twitter, just post the odd statistical fact on there. All the data comes from Wyscout, which is a massive football database alot of clubs also use I believe. Has an enormous amount of data / video etc.

Really Great idea for an account, I love the content.

My old housemate went to Uni with RB Leipzig's data analyst Tom Worville (formerly of the athletic). I was begging him to send me data to set up something like this
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2022, 09:32:39 am »

Other  "interesting"  things that I found out whilst reading the Laws of the Game. If a player somehow managed to launch their throw-in into their own goal,  it would not count as a  goal. But a question for you,  how would the game restart?

Throw in to the opposition ?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2022, 09:48:10 am »

Goal kick
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2022, 10:25:44 am »

Corner  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2022, 10:30:01 am »

Corner  Wink

The deciding opinion will come from B&S!
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2022, 10:37:10 am »

He can opinionate all he wants,  my answer is correct.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2022, 10:37:14 am »

Deepcut is sure to be right. Isn't he?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2022, 10:46:58 am »

Attacking Indirect free kick goes into the goal after the defending goalkeeper touches it with his fingertips.
How is the play restarted?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2022, 10:50:40 am »

Attacking Indirect free kick goes into the goal after the defending goalkeeper touches it with his fingertips.
How is the play restarted?

It's a goal because the goalkeeper touched it? Therefore, a restart from the centre circle. 
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2022, 10:52:02 am »

I'm waiting for Pete Walton to text in the answers  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2022, 10:56:25 am »

It's a goal because the goalkeeper touched it? Therefore, a restart from the centre circle. 

Correct.
Unfortunately Barrow were denied a point at Sutton on Saturday because the four officials were the only people in the ground who didn't see the goalkeeper touch it,  disallowed the goal and awarded a free kick to the defending team in the goal area.   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2022, 10:58:47 am »

I'm waiting for Pete Walton to text in the answers  Grin

If as quoted,  he was incorrect on Saturday,  the on-field official was correct.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2022, 11:11:49 am »

Correct.
Unfortunately Barrow were denied a point at Sutton on Saturday because the four officials were the only people in the ground who didn't see the goalkeeper touch it,  disallowed the goal and awarded a free kick to the defending team in the goal area.   Shocked

The former goalkeeper in me helped with that one.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2022, 15:55:56 pm »

Deepcut is sure to be right. Isn't he?

He is indeed.

It would be on of those that would have most scratching their heads and shouting 'You don't know what you're doing " even though they do.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2022, 16:12:07 pm »

Really Great idea for an account, I love the content.

My old housemate went to Uni with RB Leipzig's data analyst Tom Worville (formerly of the athletic). I was begging him to send me data to set up something like this

Thanks! Im a complete beginner looking at it all but i find it interesting a select few others seem to also.
Followed Tom's twitter in the past, gas great insight into the football data world.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2022, 17:24:22 pm »

He is indeed.

It would be on of those that would have most scratching their heads and shouting 'You don't know what you're doing " even though they do.

I hear people like that at most games... Grin
Recently I was sat behind a 'family/group' at Grimsby giving the Assistant Referee quite a bit of 'verbal' at each corner because the ball was outside of the quadrant at the corner, when we all know that the ball only has to be 'over' the line, it doesn't have to be actually touching it.   Cool

It couldn't have been anyone on here could it? Because everyone on here knows all of the Laws, don't they? Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2022, 17:38:36 pm »

I think Bungle is right a&out 4-3-3 but it all depends on who plays? Appéré, Hoskins, Magloire & Hylton will probably be somewhere in the 11. Am assuming Shelling is injured?

Appere was quite good on Saturday but I’d say he’d be the one to make way for Leonard or Fox initially. I’d then be bringing him off the bench and challenging him to compete with the front three of Hoskins, Hylton and Pinnock for a starting place. What we want is genuine competition for places and some genuine game-changing attacking options off the bench (neither of which we had last year).

I’d keep Magloire at centre back and challenge him to keep Shearing out of the team. Lintott was decent and showed the virtues of playing round pegs in round holes at full back.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: