The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:23:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hartlepool Sat 13th Aug.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartlepool Sat 13th Aug.  (Read 7634 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2022, 17:51:18 pm »

I hear people like that at most games... Grin
Recently I was sat behind a 'family/group' at Grimsby giving the Assistant Referee quite a bit of 'verbal' at each corner because the ball was outside of the quadrant at the corner, when we all know that the ball only has to be 'over' the line, it doesn't have to be actually touching it.   Cool

It couldn't have been anyone on here could it? Because everyone on here knows all of the Laws, don't they? Shocked
We should have an obscure law of the week. To that end what can every player in the team wear bar one player and why?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2022, 18:00:21 pm »

We should have an obscure law of the week. To that end what can every player in the team wear bar one player and why?

A complete set of his own team's colour's apart from the GK who has to be separately identifiable because of the unique laws applying to him.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2022, 18:29:20 pm »

I think we should call the 'keepers law "Bulges Law".
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2022, 18:31:21 pm »

A complete set of his own team's colour's apart from the GK who has to be separately identifiable because of the unique laws applying to him.
That as well, but not the example I was on about. Excluding shirt colours?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2022, 21:31:05 pm »

That one has stumped me?  Either an obvious or obscure one but I assume that the one player is the keeper?
Even keepers can wear spectacles.

Regarding having an obscure Law of the week,  we normally have at least one provided by our games each week anyway.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2022, 21:45:38 pm »

That one has stumped me?  Either an obvious or obscure one but I assume that the one player is the keeper?
Even keepers can wear spectacles.

Regarding having an obscure Law of the week,  we normally have at least one provided by our games each week anyway.  Grin
I was told that keepers can’t wear short sleeve shirts or are allowed to roll their sleeves up. This is so the referee can more readily identify a handball in a crowded penalty area. I thought you’d get it, so I have an uneasy feeling you’re going to tell me it’s bóllocks:
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2022, 23:31:08 pm »

I was told that keepers can’t wear short sleeve shirts or are allowed to roll their sleeves up. This is so the referee can more readily identify a handball in a crowded penalty area. I thought you’d get it, so I have an uneasy feeling you’re going to tell me it’s bóllocks:

Yes, it is bollox  Grin as demonstrated by a number of goalkeepers around the world.  Wink
Still doesn't look right to me but it is allowed.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2022, 02:16:48 am »

Yes, it is bollox  Grin as demonstrated by a number of goalkeepers around the world.  Wink
Bugger, the quizmaster is a bit of a tît then?
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2022, 07:07:17 am »

Appere was quite good on Saturday but I’d say he’d be the one to make way for Leonard or Fox initially. I’d then be bringing him off the bench and challenging him to compete with the front three of Hoskins, Hylton and Pinnock for a starting place. What we want is genuine competition for places and some genuine game-changing attacking options off the bench (neither of which we had last year).

I’d keep Magloire at centre back and challenge him to keep Shearing out of the team. Lintott was decent and showed the virtues of playing round pegs in round holes at full back.
I think there is little doubt we will end up playing 3 at the back when players are fit . Neither Guthrie or Magloire are comfortable on the ball but Sherring is . Magowan and Koiki will be wing backs .
We will then play 2 up front in the true sense .
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2022, 07:24:47 am »

I think there is little doubt we will end up playing 3 at the back when players are fit . Neither Guthrie or Magloire are comfortable on the ball but Sherring is . Magowan and Koiki will be wing backs .

If that was the case I think it would be Hoskins as right wing back.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3529

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2022, 07:30:49 am »

Can outfield players wear tracky bottoms like goalies?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2022, 07:51:09 am »

Can outfield players wear tracky bottoms like goalies?

They can, as long as they are under the shorts/socks and the same colour as the main/lower colour of the shorts.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2022, 08:23:38 am »

They can, as long as they are under the shorts/socks and the same colour as the main/lower colour of the shorts.

Back in the 70/80's did not some players wear tights during some cold spells? Pretty sure no Cobblers player ever succumbed to this type of apparel.  Can also remember some Keepers wearing some form of tracksuit bottoms.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2022, 09:01:39 am »

Back in the 70/80's did not some players wear tights during some cold spells? Pretty sure no Cobblers player ever succumbed to this type of apparel.  Can also remember some Keepers wearing some form of tracksuit bottoms.

I remember watching Keith Weller at Filbert Street when he wore white tights.
Many keepers have and there's a few who still do today.
Report Spam   Logged

CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2022, 09:45:33 am »

From the internet;

After a bit of a dig around it would seem that long sleeves on a goalkeeper were never actually 'compulsory' or part of some written law. Rather, it appears that the only law referring to goalkeepers in this way refers to them wearing a different coloured jersey to the outfield players.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2022, 11:21:12 am »

I also felt that summer recruitment pointed to three at the back with three central midfielders in a 5-3-2. Again, the three could be McWilliams, Sowerby and Leonard/Fox. However, the big issue with that is how Brady would accommodate Pinnock and Hoskins in a 5-3-2. Pinnock doesn't really work as a no.10. Hoskins can do a job as a wing-back but it isn't his best position and Magowan is obviously much better defensively.

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2022, 11:45:04 am »

It's a strange one this, because we were told dating back to our school days that keepers had to wear long sleeves. A lad (part time referee) I later worked with told me that keepers could wear short sleeves but were required to wear gloves when doing so. I accept that keepers nearly always wear gloves these days, but do you know if the sleeve/glove thing is correct?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2022, 12:03:22 pm »

It's a strange one this, because we were told dating back to our school days that keepers had to wear long sleeves. A lad (part time referee) I later worked with told me that keepers could wear short sleeves but were required to wear gloves when doing so. I accept that keepers nearly always wear gloves these days, but do you know if the sleeve/glove thing is correct?

We used to have keepers jerseys long sleeved with padding on the elbows and chest without gloves.
It's never been a requirement either way.

They only have to be distinguishable from their own team, the opposition and the officials.
They should also be distinguishable from the other keeper but that isn't part of the Law.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2022, 12:37:47 pm »

We used to have keepers jerseys long sleeved with padding on the elbows and chest without gloves.

They only have to be distinguishable from their own team, the opposition and the officials.
They should also be distinguishable from the other keeper but that isn't part of the Law.

Ok, cheers. Seems a bit weird really, especially in these times where the majority of players opt for short sleeves. Doesn't really assist the ref when a half-dozen bodies are colliding in the box.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3529

« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2022, 08:40:51 am »

Neville Southall, (and probably others), did that his own way.
I was specifically meaning tracky bottoms instead of shorts for outfield players, like some of the keepers used to wear. Wasn't meaning the lycra/tight ensemble worn under shorts like Deller seemed to start.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: