The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:56:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sc***horpe United

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sc***horpe United  (Read 1653 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2023, 10:13:37 am »

I don't expect Northampton to adopt Scunny as a second team, I realise the events would have raised a lot of irritation. I could understand a lot of anger if we were stable and maybe pushing for promotion this season, without this kind of cloud over our heads. I did initially feel sympathy for Northampton that day, because I knew it was something beyond your control and would hurt. However, after months of social media posts revelling in us going bust I lost that sympathy. I would argue that our situation is far more miserable than missing out on a promotion.

Surely there comes a point when some conscience kicks in though? As I have said, no matter the rights and wrongs of it, it wasn't us fans which caused that. We'd been embarrassed and humiliated for some time before that game. That game was a humiliation in itself, and no Scunny fan went out thinking that will stuff those Cobblers. I could even understand some joy if Hill was still manager, but he isn't. If you want to take anger out on anyone then take it to him, we won't care, or the club itself (especially the owner). You might get some sympathy there; we're not exactly enamoured by him and his cronies. All that celebrating our losses and hurt now is punishing the fans, not the idiots who managed or ran the club at that time.

For the majority of us, that result and the Sc***horpe contribution to it was water well under the bridge, in my case definitely.
We've moved on.
Four months after a post mentioning it, you suddenly jump onto our message board to complain that we are 'continuously' mentioning it and are disrespecting your club, when in fact it was last mentioned specifically over four months ago?
Even the post you quoted didn't mention or intimate anything directly detrimental about Sc***horpe.
You appear to be one of a minority who hasn't moved on.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BRI

View Profile
Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2023, 10:19:16 am »

It's not just on here where flak has been given, and not all have been neutral or carefree on here. We have one saying he will go to watch us lose. I have acknowledged that there have been reasonable replies and the initial post was made during an emotional time as I was skimming through several teams' forums (this wasn't the first visited either) out of curiosity as to what others made of it. I didn't pay attention to the dates, so I admit I could have been more careful, but some of those above and on social media clearly haven't moved on.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:23:37 am by BRI » Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2023, 10:25:25 am »

If you’ve finished the rest of the internet you’d find we don’t listen to most of the stuff some of our fans say.
Be careful as there’s some nasty stuff on the www.
Report Spam   Logged
BRI

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2023, 10:30:27 am »

Haha, true. I probably come across more bothered than I am; I tend to be impassioned in whatever I am talking about, even if I don't mean to be, and whatever is said is forgotten soon after. I honestly don't mean any harm. My intention was just to appeal to what I thought would be a better nature.

I realise not all Cobblers will be the same and I did have some productive discussions with one or two Cobblers at the time of the Bristol Rovers game.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I have never been as ashamed to be a Scunny fan as after that game.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:32:27 am by BRI » Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2023, 10:34:19 am »

It's not just on here where flak has been given, and not all have been neutral or carefree on here. We have one saying he will go to watch us lose. I have acknowledged that there have been reasonable replies and the initial post was made during an emotional time as I was skimming through several teams' forums (this wasn't the first visited either) out of curiosity as to what others made of it. I didn't pay attention to the dates, so I admit I could have been more careful, but some of those above and on social media clearly haven't moved on.

Maybe so, but if I visited 'several teams forums' I could find posts that I wasn't entirely happy with, but it's football and the majority of us move on until the next time we meet.  
If I was you, I'd be concentrating more on staying in the division that you currently find yourself, rather than hunting down trivia that upsets you.  It's not good for your health.

Regarding the football: Good luck in your efforts to not drop down even further than where you are at the moment.  You are one of the more traditional football clubs, with longevity similar to our own. I would prefer you in the top four divisions instead of some that we currently have. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

BRI

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2023, 11:01:45 am »

Thanks. To be honest, I'd take dropping down a tier if it means the club can be saved right now. I fear the outcome could be much worse. I think we're more likely to be the next Bury or Macclesfield right now than a Stockport, who spent seasons in the doldrums and rose to league status again.

To be fair, it has been mostly good seeing others offer sympathy. All other teams' forums who spoke about our situation, from Plymouth to Port Vale, Hartlepool, Cambridge, Notts County, Oldham, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Rochdale and Southend have all been sympathetic. Even rival clubs like Grimsby, Hull and Donny have been sympathetic, so that has warmed me. So I am glad I did bother, but maybe should have issued more restraint in one case where it was less so from a handful.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2023, 15:45:04 pm »

Things go from bad to worse for Scunthorpe, they are going to play their homes games away from Glanford Park after a dispute with former their owner. Things look a little bleak, though they are having a decent season in the National League north.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2023, 16:53:11 pm »

Things go from bad to worse for Scunthorpe, they are going to play their homes games away from Glanford Park after a dispute with former their owner. Things look a little bleak, though they are having a decent season in the National League north.

Mainly because the ground is still owned by the previous owner and the current owner hasn't the collateral to borrow and/or his own funds in order to sustain the club.
Report Spam   Logged

itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2023, 06:38:25 am »

What Sc***horpe did that day at Bristol Rovers was awful but I do feel sorry for there fans now no fan should have to go through this
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2023, 08:06:20 am »

What Sc***horpe did that day at Bristol Rovers was awful but I do feel sorry for there fans now no fan should have to go through this

Indeed. I'll admit I laughed my arse off when they got relegated again last year but there's a world of difference between relegation and liquidation.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2023, 12:41:18 pm »

Mainly because the ground is still owned by the previous owner and the current owner hasn't the collateral to borrow and/or his own funds in order to sustain the club.

Its been reported that the current owner is a convicted fraudster so I suspect now he's been 'outed' and he's a few months into his tenure, the bills haven't been paid at all and have caught up with him/them. Pretty sure they will have the largest wage bill by some margin in that division as well.

From what I've read I cannot see a way back for them from here. Their best chance would be too go into administration which would obviously mean the end of their owners time at the club. Until that happens, whose going to do business with him?!

If I was a Scunny fan, I wouldn't spend another £ at the club, ditto sponsor. Only when he's gone do they stand a chance....which could be difficult given the type of individual he is.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2023, 16:53:24 pm »

Gainsborough Trinity don't appear to have any agreement in place nor any knowledge that Sc***horpe were going to play their home games at Trinity's ground for the rest of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2023, 17:20:20 pm »

Fcuk scunny and their fans. I’m loving every single minute of their demise
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2023, 19:33:47 pm »

Gainsborough Trinity don't appear to have any agreement in place nor any knowledge that Sc***horpe were going to play their home games at Trinity's ground for the rest of the season.
Now  I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Scunny had made plans to play at Ilkeston. That may seem a bit of a hike, but Brighton did play at Gillingham for a while, and thats a long old trek.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2023, 22:40:02 pm »

Indeed. I'll admit I laughed my arse off when they got relegated again last year but there's a world of difference between relegation and liquidation.

Agreed..... there's a lot of hate because their manager at the time decided to play a team of youngsters. No "loyal fan" of a club should have to go through what they are going through now.

The deal to play at Gainsborough is done and dusted, which in itself brings up an obscure fact. The very first of the raft of new football grounds built from the late 80's onwards will possibly see no more football. Glanford Park opened in 1988, just six years before Sixfields. It was the first new football league ground in over 30 years. Brackley Town are set to be the final visitors next weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: