The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:06:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sc***horpe United

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sc***horpe United  (Read 1651 times)
Shoemender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« on: September 04, 2022, 05:45:48 am »

Without wanting to wish misfortune on another club, see Sc***horpe are bottom of the National league after 6 defeats in a row.
What a shame.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 06:06:35 am »

Normally this sort of post wouldn’t interest me.

But I’m very glad to make an exception. Seeing their results so far and their placement rock bottom of the national league is a joy. Long May it continue. Regional leagues for them next year with any luck. Fu*k em.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 07:56:57 am »

Carma is great sometimes I don't normally want this to happ3n to any club but I'll make an exception
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 08:06:29 am »

As much as I'm enjoying the schadenfreude of the situation I'm not sure it's entirely fair. Isn't it their c*** of a former manager's fault rather than the clubs? I'll be happy to extend my ire to whichever club he takes over at though!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 13:42:51 pm »

Oldham, Torquay and Sc***horpe bottom three going into the new year. Not everybody bounces back.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
northamptonnewbie

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Search
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 18:27:04 pm »

https://thilljourno.wordpress.com/2022/12/26/sc***horpe-united-the-most-miserable-team-to-support-in-english-football/
Report Spam   Logged
BRI

View Profile
Level 1 First Post Windows User
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 08:15:46 am »

Oldham, Torquay and Sc***horpe bottom three going into the new year. Not everybody bounces back.

First somewhat reasonable response, speaking as an Iron fan.

The whole situation last year was embarrassing. The fact our 'experienced pros' downed tools was embarrassing. The fact we then relied on youth was embarrassing. Of course this impacted yourselves, but at least you had a functioning club and still do. We haven't been a normal club since 2018.

At least you have a club to support and one doing well at that. We have now been issued a winding up order and rumours suggest we owe HMRC £600,000 (though some say this is not true). We are struggling to sell the club because our useless owner is charging a high price, presumably to pay off his £millions of gambling debts, despite the bids reportedly satisfying the brokers he's brought in to reach a deal.

It wasn't us Scunny fans which caused the situation, it wasn't the Scunny fans which dropped all the older players. And, given all the rumours we have had, it may have been that Hill dropped them because they weren't trying or refused to play. It was the manager's job to do what's best for the club, and it may have been what Hill did, if rumours are true and our 'experienced pros' were pissing around. Still, regardless, Hill was a useless manager and us fans weren't making his decisions. Many of us were lambasting him for giving up in January.

We have been watching with greatened disbelief and anger at what a solid, well run club has been turned into. The joke of last year's season was a symptom of the malaise the club is under. It's a new low and embarrassment every week, and it has been since long before that Bristol Rovers game. It's beyond a joke now and if your fans can take joy out of the drawn out death of a football club, whose fans are similar to yours (relatively small team, where it would be so much easier to glory hunt), then it says it all about your club's support. Heck, even Grimsby fans have extended their support to us in recent months.

I can't say that the way your fans have responded has made me think of Northampton fans positively, and I won't be extending any sympathy if Northampton is in the same situation.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 08:18:01 am by BRI » Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 09:06:12 am »

I can't say that the way your fans have responded has made me think of Northampton fans positively, and I won't be extending any sympathy if Northampton is in the same situation.

As you quoted me, I'll respond.

My post hasn't said anything detrimental to your club, I was only remarking on the observation that the three relegation spots in the Conference were all being filled by former football league clubs.

We've been in your situation what feels like countless times. Collecting money in buckets, getting rid of an entire squad midseason and playing kids (Chard era), having the money for a new stand stolen from us, applying for re-election, chairman that nearly destroyed us (McRitchie era), I'm afraid we are only too familiar with your situation, as are so many clubs of our size, we seem to be easy prey. I don't think any of our supporters are complacent enough to think it couldn't happen again.

However as one club disappears, others emerge to take their place. Crawley, Fleetwood, Forest Green, Salford, all have settled well, other former clubs have returned, some stronger than they were previously and it looks like from the current conference table another couple will come back at the end of this season. It's an ever evolving situation.

I'd like to think if we were ever relegated from the football league we would at some point bounce back, I've no idea though how long that "bounce" would take. I expect Sc***horpe will do so as well but it make take longer than you may wish.

Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
BRI

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 09:21:08 am »

I apologise if I was being harsh on you. I probably shouldn't have included the somewhat adverb. Your reply was completely reasonable.

I have just been frustrated at the glory in our misery from some Cobblers on here, a seen from some other fans, and on social media for something which was beyond our control. It's an emotional time for us; I was brought up with the club from family who'd been supporting the Iron since the 1930s and before (from previous generations I didn't know). Now we could end up dead.

I don't think any Iron fan is under any illusion, and haven't been for some time. We fear we'll be the next Bury or Macclesfield more than being a club who can bounce back, like Carlisle, Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers did.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 09:32:29 am »

First somewhat reasonable response, speaking as an Iron fan.

The whole situation last year was embarrassing. The fact our 'experienced pros' downed tools was embarrassing. The fact we then relied on youth was embarrassing. Of course this impacted yourselves, but at least you had a functioning club and still do. We haven't been a normal club since 2018.

At least you have a club to support and one doing well at that. We have now been issued a winding up order and rumours suggest we owe HMRC £600,000 (though some say this is not true). We are struggling to sell the club because our useless owner is charging a high price, presumably to pay off his £millions of gambling debts, despite the bids reportedly satisfying the brokers he's brought in to reach a deal.

It wasn't us Scunny fans which caused the situation, it wasn't the Scunny fans which dropped all the older players. And, given all the rumours we have had, it may have been that Hill dropped them because they weren't trying or refused to play. It was the manager's job to do what's best for the club, and it may have been what Hill did, if rumours are true and our 'experienced pros' were pissing around. Still, regardless, Hill was a useless manager and us fans weren't making his decisions. Many of us were lambasting him for giving up in January.

We have been watching with greatened disbelief and anger at what a solid, well run club has been turned into. The joke of last year's season was a symptom of the malaise the club is under. It's a new low and embarrassment every week, and it has been since long before that Bristol Rovers game. It's beyond a joke now and if your fans can take joy out of the drawn out death of a football club, whose fans are similar to yours (relatively small team, where it would be so much easier to glory hunt), then it says it all about your club's support. Heck, even Grimsby fans have extended their support to us in recent months.

As the one who started this thread I feel I ought to respond. Firstly, sorry about the flippant nature of the post, I was still probably
extremely píssed off that we were robbed of an almost nailed on promotion place due to your 7-0 defeat, which as you rightly point out, obviously wasn't the fans' fault, but the older pro's and Keith Hill, who allegedly, correct me if I'm wrong, is good mates with Joey Barton, which only fuels the conspiracy flames.
Secondly, it's hardly an across the board opinion from all Northampton fans. Even on this thread there are only 3 or 4 negative responses and this forum probably only represents probably less than 5% of our fan base, so basically, negative responses from less than 1% of our fans, although there are a couple of anti Scúnthorpe posts on other threads but with at least an equal amount  of positive/supportive responses.
Finally, I take back my original post although I won't remove it, as what would be the point of my response and wish you luck for the rest of the season and the future.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:36:00 am by Shoemender » Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 10:10:35 am »

I wouldn’t take it personally but probably not the most obvious choice of forums to find sympathy.
The (non) promotion was decided over the whole season. The nature of that final result was devastating, in footballing context….but we should be been up before the final day.

I always say our biggest achievement is maintaining our league status but it’s been very close in the past. I see our odd flirtations with league 1 as ‘insurance’. Some far bigger names than us haven’t managed to do the same.
Report Spam   Logged
BRI

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 11:19:13 am »

As the one who started this thread I feel I ought to respond. Firstly, sorry about the flippant nature of the post, I was still probably
extremely píssed off that we were robbed of an almost nailed on promotion place due to your 7-0 defeat, which as you rightly point out, obviously wasn't the fans' fault, but the older pro's and Keith Hill, who allegedly, correct me if I'm wrong, is good mates with Joey Barton, which only fuels the conspiracy flames.
Secondly, it's hardly an across the board opinion from all Northampton fans. Even on this thread there are only 3 or 4 negative responses and this forum probably only represents probably less than 5% of our fan base, so basically, negative responses from less than 1% of our fans, although there are a couple of anti Scúnthorpe posts on other threads but with at least an equal amount  of positive/supportive responses.
Finally, I take back my original post although I won't remove it, as what would be the point of my response and wish you luck for the rest of the season and the future.

I personally don't know if Hill was friends with Barton. However, he'd been playing youths predominantly for some time, so it would have been quite a long con if he was going for some arrangement with Bristol Rovers.

I think you're fair in the second point. It's not just on here I have seen it, but it's probably a minority and that clouds judgement from my end as to how many are that bothered. I understand how that game would have left a sour taste, I had just hoped that any ill feeling would have dissipated by now. It's one thing finding irritation at a stable club which you felt wasn't playing fairly, it's another against a basket case of a club whose fans have experienced nothing but misery for years and when the issue is a symptom of that malaise.

I wouldn’t take it personally but probably not the most obvious choice of forums to find sympathy.
The (non) promotion was decided over the whole season. The nature of that final result was devastating, in footballing context….but we should be been up before the final day.

I always say our biggest achievement is maintaining our league status but it’s been very close in the past. I see our odd flirtations with league 1 as ‘insurance’. Some far bigger names than us haven’t managed to do the same.

True, regarding sympathy, I was just skimming through other teams' forums to see what the response was to our recent news and plight. Most of it has been positive, but I saw this and thought I'd respond.

I can understand the upset after that result. Usually it would have been enough for you, and it was freakish. We could have been battered 7-0 every week at that point, but other teams reduced intensity after going 3 or 4-0 up and wanted to rest and not risk injuries (Mansfield and Salford could easily have got more when we played them towards the end). However, Bristol R needed the goals, so weren't going to relent. Regardless, it was embarrassing and my memory of it was one of sheer humiliation. Hill has thankfully gone, now Swann needs to follow.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 11:21:05 am by BRI » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2023, 18:56:54 pm »

I personally don't know if Hill was friends with Barton. However, he'd been playing youths predominantly for some time, so it would have been quite a long con if he was going for some arrangement with Bristol Rovers.

I think you're fair in the second point. It's not just on here I have seen it, but it's probably a minority and that clouds judgement from my end as to how many are that bothered. I understand how that game would have left a sour taste, I had just hoped that any ill feeling would have dissipated by now. It's one thing finding irritation at a stable club which you felt wasn't playing fairly, it's another against a basket case of a club whose fans have experienced nothing but misery for years and when the issue is a symptom of that malaise.

True, regarding sympathy, I was just skimming through other teams' forums to see what the response was to our recent news and plight. Most of it has been positive, but I saw this and thought I'd respond.

I can understand the upset after that result. Usually it would have been enough for you, and it was freakish. We could have been battered 7-0 every week at that point, but other teams reduced intensity after going 3 or 4-0 up and wanted to rest and not risk injuries (Mansfield and Salford could easily have got more when we played them towards the end). However, Bristol R needed the goals, so weren't going to relent. Regardless, it was embarrassing and my memory of it was one of sheer humiliation. Hill has thankfully gone, now Swann needs to follow.

I don’t know why you are pisśed off with us. We are nothing more than a victim of Scùnthorpes circumstances. Nobody in their right mind, would or should blame you as supporters. I’d hope that to a man, the Cobblers supporter would roundly feel sorry for all of you. But we was robbed of something that we had earned, by the shower of shyte that was Scùnthorpe at that time. So at least afford us the right mourn what could have been, without wrongly assuming we blame the supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
BRI

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2023, 19:30:16 pm »

I would say wishing ill on us when we are in terminal decline, which some of what above looks like, goes beyond understandable feelings of disbelief and mourning of a promotion effort scuppered by a weird circumstance brought on by our own inept manager, squad and financial situation.

It's been an emotional time and I posted while under such emotions. A couple of others have clarified and/or apologised. After letting go of the emotion, I can say that of course I would not wish the same situation on Northampton or any other team, barring MK Dons, maybe.

All the best for the promotion push, and hopefully it's not marred by Gillingham or Rochdale losing heavily on the last day, causing another weird GD glitch!
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2023, 22:21:08 pm »

I would say wishing ill on us when we are in terminal decline, which some of what above looks like, goes beyond understandable feelings of disbelief and mourning of a promotion effort scuppered by a weird circumstance brought on by our own inept manager, squad and financial situation.

It's been an emotional time and I posted while under such emotions. A couple of others have clarified and/or apologised. After letting go of the emotion, I can say that of course I would not wish the same situation on Northampton or any other team, barring MK Dons, maybe.

All the best for the promotion push, and hopefully it's not marred by Gillingham or Rochdale losing heavily on the last day, causing another weird GD glitch!

I'm sure neither Gillingham or Rochdale would stoup to fielding their youth team/reserves in a competitive game with so much at stake...also neither would be incentivised to throw a game in such a disgraceful way, as they won't be due a promotion clause payment by the club they're playing ala Ryan Loft!

You won't find any sympathy here fella! Cheers for Charlie Goode btw Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 23:58:16 pm »

Sorry friend, I know you are hurting but what Hill did in May 2022 he did as Sc***horpe manager and with the full blessing of the club and it’s officials - anyone could have stopped him / had a word in his ear. They didn’t!
And still I don’t hear an apology from anyone to do with Sc***horpe - including their supporters (you).

I will be at Meadow Lane on March 21st, I will be wearing my Cobblers scarf and I will be cheering and praying for County to win 8-0.

I know that makes me pathetic and unempathetic towards my follow fan but heh, that’s what your appointed and sanctioned club managers and officials did to me 8 months ago.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
BRI

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 07:33:27 am »

Boo hoo. Your team didn't get promoted. Cry me a river. Meanwhile, we were already in the s*** by that point. I'd say that losing our entire club and financial meltdown outranks a failed promotion in the misery stakes by quite some margin.

Why should us supporters apologise? It wasn't us that caused that situation. As for expecting an apology from the club, what do you expect? Our owner has gone AWOL, they don't communicate to our own fans, hiding behind NDAs and rumours. They're not going to be upfront with another club. They're a joke. Also, it wasn't a one off; the youths had ben in play for many games prior to the last game.

Besides, while it leaves a sour taste in the mouth, it broke no rules. If the rumours are true and the 'experienced pros' just downed tools and refused to play, why should Hill have played them? It was his job to look after the Sc***horpe team, not Northampton's. I didn't agree with it, I can't base a full defence on speculation, but I have no sympathy with those who hold petty grudges like schoolchildren after so long. You lost out on a promotion, boo hoo, we were already fearing our existence by January 2022, if not earlier. The whole mess was caused by our useless owner and a toxic culture at the club which has permeated for years.

Trying to point score over embarrassed, humiliated and fed up fans who are well aware of what a joke our club has been for ages, willing to celebrate their misery even further is just pitiful really. It can't be fun in Northampton if that's what keeps you going.

Credit to those who made more reasonable replies, but the two above are the sort who have soured many an opinion against Northampton in North Lincs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 07:36:51 am by BRI » Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 08:48:18 am »

But aren’t you just illustrating the nature of the internet.
The demographic of fans across the country won’t vary that much. Virtually no opposition fans on the receiving end would have sympathy for Scunny. Most have moved on and some will still be morning about the handball decision that went against us at the weekend in 10 years time. Most are concentrating on promotion this season.
On here you don’t get the true representation of the fan base. Go read the redevelopment thread, it’s a noisy minority. Common sense should tell you that actually posting on the teams forum will attract some responses that you don’t want to hear.
Being apathetic or even quietly hoping Scunny continue the decline is hardly breaking news after last season. Some fans will already dislike Scunny, some Oxford, some Rochdale for whatever reason. If it’s not you struggling it’s someone else and every football fan is just pleased it’s not them. We’ve had our really dark times too, some might say for the past 50+ years!
Report Spam   Logged
BRI

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2023, 09:01:03 am »

I don't expect Northampton to adopt Scunny as a second team, I realise the events would have raised a lot of irritation. I could understand a lot of anger if we were stable and maybe pushing for promotion this season, without this kind of cloud over our heads. I did initially feel sympathy for Northampton that day, because I knew it was something beyond your control and would hurt. However, after months of social media posts revelling in us going bust I lost that sympathy. I would argue that our situation is far more miserable than missing out on a promotion.

Surely there comes a point when some conscience kicks in though? As I have said, no matter the rights and wrongs of it, it wasn't us fans which caused that. We'd been embarrassed and humiliated for some time before that game. That game was a humiliation in itself, and no Scunny fan went out thinking that will stuff those Cobblers. I could even understand some joy if Hill was still manager, but he isn't. If you want to take anger out on anyone then take it to him, we won't care, or the club itself (especially the owner). You might get some sympathy there; we're not exactly enamoured by him and his cronies. All that celebrating our losses and hurt now is punishing the fans, not the idiots who managed or ran the club at that time.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2023, 09:27:23 am »

I dislike Sc***horpe, because its a shi te day out. I dont hold any grudges with the fans, but I will be happy to never go there again.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: