The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:37:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Stockport County

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stockport County  (Read 6584 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2022, 15:28:03 pm »

Have to presume yet again you were not at the game. Due to Stockports robust style of play which left Hoskins limping in the first half it took the side awhile to adapt to a similar style of play. Under the circumstances was relieved come half time that we were still only a goal down but more importantly had no serious injuries. Come half time JB made the right choices bringing on Bowie and Hylton. The game suited Hylton who dished out as good as he got and thereby changed the dynamics of the game. Hoskins goal was sheer class which gave me the impression it was a half volley. Bowie played his part well often out performing young Leonard. There has been games this season where the circumstances have not suited Hylton and today JB identified one. So for me its horses for causes, in my view Appéré was simply fouled by Horsfall and others as soon as he got the ball. Good substsitutions by JB through out second half.
Half volley?
https://twitter.com/i/status/1573982948310892548
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2022, 18:45:31 pm »

I’d like to know where Stockport are spending all their money - granted Horsfall, Camps, Sarcevic and Madden are probably on a fair whack but the rest of their squad looks pretty ordinary.

I was thinking that too. A look at the pen pictures of their players (such as they are these days) in the programme reveals that nearly all their players come from non league. I expected Stockport to win this league with all the money and potential they have but looking at their squad there is nothing much to frighten any team in L2 this season. I thought Horsfall was their best player yesterday, and the lad who got sent off did ok too in the first half. I wouldn't particularly want any of the others in our squad. Also Madden their most experienced player is way past his best.

As you say where has Challinor spent the money?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2022, 18:50:10 pm »

23 points from the first 10 games is a fantastic start to the season yet amazingly we are 5 points behind Leyton Orient. I said at the start of the season that the fixture list had been kind for our opening games and that we could possibly go through our first 10 games unbeaten, which we would have but for a very poor performance against a mediocre Doncaster side.
However, I am not going overboard yet as we have so far played all of the current bottom 4 and only 1 of the top 7. By the end of October we will have played another 7 games and have a much clearer picture of where we are, we have away games at Swindon, Walsall, Leyton Orient and Stevenage and home games against Salford, Sutton and Newport County so 3 games against sides in the current top 7.
If we achieved 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats from these 7 games at the end of October we would have 34 points from 17 games, a healthy 2 points per game but it is possible we may do better than that.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2022, 20:02:18 pm »

??

You do know the difference between a volley, a half volley, and a strike from a ball that's rolling on the grass?

Watch the highlights back, and then tell me what Sammy's was.  Grin

I was impressed by Hoskins goal and the impression it gave me of a half volley, which of course it was not. I saw Hoskins score a half volley against Oldham, last game of the season back in 2018/19. It was the technique which impressed me. Because I said it gave me the impression it does not follow it was. Was hoping you might have grasped fact that I mentioned the word impression......
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2022, 20:35:22 pm »

Impressed by his technique he showed in his goal on Saturday but agree my impression or recollection was misleading as did not assume that some would take it literally. Must learn not to express misleading thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 21:23:14 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2022, 21:12:06 pm »

Must learn not to express misleading thoughts.

At last.

But you can't teach an old dog new tricks!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2022, 21:44:31 pm »

At last.

But you can't teach an old dog new tricks!  Wink

Quote by Sir Bingers in early September "Isn't British democracy wonderful" .  You appear blessed with new tricks Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2022, 13:22:06 pm »

Been watching the highlights again. For me the difference between the 2 sides is summed up in 2 incidents. Look how at how Stockport close down Sammy for his goal, then look at how we close down Myles Hippolyte for his chance on 85 minutes. It stands out a mile who wanted it more.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2022, 14:56:08 pm »

Been watching the highlights again. For me the difference between the 2 sides is summed up in 2 incidents. Look how at how Stockport close down Sammy for his goal, then look at how we close down Myles Hippolyte for his chance on 85 minutes. It stands out a mile who wanted it more.
Sorry to be a little Evers on this but...you have stated that you only watched the highlights. By definition, how can the two sides be summed up by two incidents only from watching several chosen 'incidents' There are in a nutshells and in a nutshells but that is some nutshell there!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2022, 17:00:55 pm »

Sorry to be a little Evers on this but...you have stated that you only watched the highlights. By definition, how can the two sides be summed up by two incidents only from watching several chosen 'incidents' There are in a nutshells and in a nutshells but that is some nutshell there!
I didn’t state I only watched the highlights. I also watched the whole game live at the time, just happened to watch the 7 minute highlights on the Stockport forum and was reminded of the 2 events. Sorry Cat you’re no Evers, he would never make a miscalculation of this nature during his diatribes.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2022, 11:10:45 am »

I didn’t state I only watched the highlights. I also watched the whole game live at the time, just happened to watch the 7 minute highlights on the Stockport forum and was reminded of the 2 events. Sorry Cat you’re no Evers, he would never make a miscalculation of this nature during his diatribes.
I would say there was a little more to distinguish the teams on Saturday!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2022, 11:55:45 am »

One more Wilder/Knill thing, I wish we would vary our free kicks occasionally, I know we are very good at set pieces, but the opposition should know what to expect as every one's the same. Could someone ask Jon or Colin to have a look at the 2015/16 DVD and see some of those free kicks, particularly the one at Luton, it was brilliant. It would just give the opposition something else to think about.

I think I heard/read somewhere that we've scored 10 goals from set pieces already this season which is twice as much as any other team.
Either the opposition don't know what's coming, or if they do, it doesn't matter if they can't stop it. My guess is that Brady/CC may well have a better record of scoring set pieces than Wilder/Knill.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2022, 13:33:02 pm »

I think I heard/read somewhere that we've scored 10 goals from set pieces already this season which is twice as much as any other team.
Either the opposition don't know what's coming, or if they do, it doesn't matter if they can't stop it. My guess is that Brady/CC may well have a better record of scoring set pieces than Wilder/Knill.
I know what you saying, all I was suggesting was a little variety.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: