The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:41:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2023 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Window  (Read 68434 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2023, 13:05:14 pm »

Are those two on rotation at the pish?  Grin

Good point and worth a chuckle
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 21:59:09 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2023, 13:35:41 pm »

Tag management... Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2023, 14:28:46 pm »

Not really as far as am aware have no issues with you. Find some of your comments a little strange as is your non de plume! Thanks for the kind invitation.

I've turned a blind eye to this a few times now, but for the record it's 'nom de plume'.

I know the air of superiority is the goal, so thought best to help out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2023, 15:29:32 pm »

Tag management... Cool

So it would appear  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2023, 22:02:49 pm »

I've turned a blind eye to this a few times now, but for the record it's 'nom de plume'.

I know the air of superiority is the goal, so thought best to help out.

Sincerely hope you feel better now. Its amazing what you know Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2023, 22:19:01 pm »

Tag management... Cool

Never! Don't have the software to support TMS.
I actually thought it was a quick witted off the cuff comment.
Report Spam   Logged

TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2023, 10:05:47 am »

Twitter rumour mill has thrown up the name Nick Haughton as an inbound signing
Attacking midfielder from AFC Fylde, been scoring a lot from midfield last few seasons

Also some rumours that Leonard could be recalled for a loan at a higher level with other clubs interested in signing him permanently

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2023, 10:29:33 am »

Attacking midfielder from AFC Fylde, been scoring a lot from midfield last few seasons

Also some rumours that Leonard could be recalled for a loan at a higher level with other clubs interested in signing him permanently

Leonard would be a big loss if he went back, as for signing players from this low down the pyramid rarely works, especially if we are in L1 next year.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2023, 10:42:17 am »

Full quote from the express journalist: "Marc Leonard is still proving hot property in the EFL. Bristol Rovers, Morecambe and Forest Green have all enquired about signing him on loan for the remainder of the campaign, Swansea and Preston interested in permanent deals. Situation should become clearer soon.

Not a foregone conclusion that Leonard leaves Northampton at this stage. Ball firmly in Brighton’s court given players contract situation."
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2023, 10:45:37 am »

Haughton also seems very attached to the Manchester/Lancashire area, (Fleetwood, Chorley, Salford, Fylde etc) so I think that's a non starter.
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2023, 10:56:00 am »

Haughton also seems very attached to the Manchester/Lancashire area, (Fleetwood, Chorley, Salford, Fylde etc) so I think that's a non starter.

That was my first thought and with some of the other clubs interested, sure he'd just want to stay up there

Doesn't seem one that jumped out to me, happy to leave them to it!
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2023, 11:16:38 am »

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/bristol-rovers-enquiry-for-brighton-man-on-loan-at-northampton-swansea-and-pne-interested-3975133
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2023, 11:32:56 am »

We don’t have much luck in the loan market recently do we - Etete last year and possibly Leonard this. As with most things all of the power and control rests with the Parent club - if a player signs for a season loan then it should be a full season. With a Cobblers hat on I think that if Leonard stays with us to the end of the season it will be hugely beneficial to his career but as with all these things money talks.
Report Spam   Logged
gocher

View Profile
100 Posts Search Mobile User
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2023, 11:41:38 am »

Screams of another Matt Warbuton
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2023, 13:11:34 pm »

We don’t have much luck in the loan market recently do we - Etete last year and possibly Leonard this. As with most things all of the power and control rests with the Parent club - if a player signs for a season loan then it should be a full season. With a Cobblers hat on I think that if Leonard stays with us to the end of the season it will be hugely beneficial to his career but as with all these things money talks.
Can't see how it would be bad for his career to get 6 months at a higher level than he's currenly playing exactly. That said, I'd have been a lot more worried about this a month ago then I am today, he's been playing as well as but no better than McWilliams, Sowerby and Fox, so it would require a replacement but isn't going to derail the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2023, 13:15:13 pm »

Also, don't forget that literally zero rumours that have appeared on twitter have been right for a while, I'd be surprised if we're after a 28 year old who's been in the 6th tier for almost all his career.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2023, 13:43:06 pm »

Given that it is the first loan of his career and he is only 21 I think it would benefit him to stay for the full season rather than go and sit on the bench for a Championship side. Also we have no idea how long McWilliams is going to be out for and Sowerby is really struggling with his illness.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2023, 14:05:10 pm »

Leonard would be a big loss if he went back, as for signing players from this low down the pyramid rarely works, especially if we are in L1 next year.

Ah but when it does Manny. Remember Morley, Hill, McGoldrick, Reed, etc?
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2023, 15:16:20 pm »

Screams of another Matt Warbuton
Or Leon Lobjoit.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2023, 16:46:15 pm »

Conner Wickham any good ?

I'd go with this if Leonard does depart.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: