The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:45:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2023 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Window  (Read 68381 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2023, 16:52:05 pm »

Ah but when it does Manny. Remember Morley, Hill, McGoldrick, Reed, etc?
Indeed I do Marvo, Nuneaton’s finest, I think they were definitely the exception to the rule.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2023, 18:18:27 pm »

Told Haughton is a no go. Also told to take Brady at face value regarding Leonard and Bowie assurances.

Also told any incomings will be towards the end of the window, heard a few names but nothing imminent. Certainly hearing a bit of ££ is available if an opportunity presents…
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2023, 18:34:32 pm »

Told Haughton is a no go. Also told to take Brady at face value regarding Leonard and Bowie assurances.

Also told any incomings will be towards the end of the window, heard a few names but nothing imminent. Certainly hearing a bit of ££ is available if an opportunity presents…

Again, thank you for the sensible and accurate comments.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2023, 18:40:31 pm »

I guess Brady is waiting to see if Leonard or any other loan signing we have gets hooking back before bringing in fresh faces, so I get the patience on that front but I would love to see some extra fire power being brought in asap.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2023, 18:56:31 pm »

I guess Brady is waiting to see if Leonard or any other loan signing we have gets hooking back before bringing in fresh faces, so I get the patience on that front but I would love to see some extra fire power being brought in asap.

We were in for a couple of league 1 strikers but it’s likely they’re staying in league 1
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2023, 19:11:15 pm »

We were in for a couple of league 1 strikers but it’s likely they’re staying in league 1

So we may put a bid in for a striker??
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2023, 20:40:14 pm »

If Leonard goes, I'd like to see Scott Wharton's younger brother Adam come in as cover. He is highly rated at Blackburn and has had some Championship experience this season, but isn't likely to feature much for them overall.

Not any sort of rumour or in the know, just musings on my part.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2023, 20:44:00 pm »

Indeed I do Marvo, Nuneaton’s finest, I think they were definitely the exception to the rule.

Rambo Reed came from Frickley Athletic. The rest were from Nuneaton though.
Report Spam   Logged
Cornish Cobbler

View Profile
Search Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2023, 01:25:25 am »

Rambo! Rambo! Used to love him ‘accidently' attempting to hit the coppers (who were pitch side  facing the hotel end) helmets during warm up at the County Ground (and at away grounds too for that matter!). Legend.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2023, 07:25:08 am »

Also told any incomings will be towards the end of the window,

As I predicted. We should have called this thread "The Last week in January 2023 Transfer Window".
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2023, 07:26:45 am »

Rambo! Rambo! Used to love him ‘accidently' attempting to hit the coppers (who were pitch side  facing the hotel end) helmets during warm up at the County Ground (and at away grounds too for that matter!). Legend.
His Wikipedia entry is a hoot. Not as funny as Wakely Gages long since edited entry though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2023, 09:26:00 am »

It seems odd to me that we're not in any rush to booster the squad when we still have 4 games to go in January against sides that all could be considered as promotion rivals. I'd have thought if it is our intention is to bring someone in then surely the sooner the better?

With maybe the exception of Walsall, all our games in February are against sides more concerned with avoiding relegation.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2023, 09:52:43 am »

Have it on good authority that we were looking at a LB, one from Brightons U23s but it appears he is heading to Gillingham now

Definitely in for cover at LB and an attacking player
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2023, 13:12:14 pm »

Have it on good authority that we were looking at a LB, one from Brightons U23s but it appears he is heading to Gillingham now

Definitely in for cover at LB and an attacking player
I’m not sure why we need cover at LB TBH, Kioki  is back training and AK does a reasonable job there if things get really really bad there’s always Haynes.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2023, 13:17:40 pm »

It seems odd to me that we're not in any rush to booster the squad when we still have 4 games to go in January against sides that all could be considered as promotion rivals. I'd have thought if it is our intention is to bring someone in then surely the sooner the better?

With maybe the exception of Walsall, all our games in February are against sides more concerned with avoiding relegation.
Given that we haven't lost to any of the top teams and have quite strongly got the measure of them, it might be argued that tinkering would be counterproductive!
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2023, 13:32:21 pm »

Given that we haven't lost to any of the top teams and have quite strongly got the measure of them, it might be argued that tinkering would be counterproductive!

Yes, a good point for not signing anybody at all in this window, however we will, so why wait?

There is always room for improvement and 5 wins in our last 13 League games doesn't smack of Champions. I think we're close to the finished article, its actually just a bit of "tinkering" we need to see us over the line.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2023, 14:02:51 pm »

Yes, a good point for not signing anybody at all in this window, however we will, so why wait?

There is always room for improvement and 5 wins in our last 13 League games doesn't smack of Champions. I think we're close to the finished article, its actually just a bit of "tinkering" we need to see us over the line.

Mentioned something similar earlier this week...

For most of this season, Brady hasn't had an issue keeping all his players happy because they were guaranteed inclusion every week. However when the squad is fully fit or very close too being fully fit like it was 1-2 weeks back, Brady has had to put very decent players on the bench which is obviously fine but if that was the case for a prolonged period, all of a sudden he might get p1ssed off players, fractions within the squad etc.

VERY difficult balancing act, which he hasn't really had too deal with yet.

I personally think we need a couple of additions (attacking midfielder plus a target man 'type' like Oliver) but for that too happen, there would potentially be some upheaval. Unless of course he can move on a couple of players who are classed as senior players around the same time.

I guess that's why any movement will happen later in the month once we know for sure that we've still got the players we want to keep. Whilst it currently looks like Leonard and Bowie will remain here this season (I bloody hope they do), if we were to sign say new players in the positions I'm suggesting, then those two lads would arguably get less game time IF the ones coming in are as good or better than what we already have. They then *might* leave. Tricky!

Also, I guess a lot will depend on how serious the injuries are we've recently picked up....

The team spirit is there for all of us too see, its the best we've had for many a year, at least as good as it was 15/16, and keeping that like it is it has to be the number1 priority when recruiting additional players.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 14:06:40 pm by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #257 on: January 06, 2023, 15:03:50 pm »

Apart from Swindon  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #258 on: January 06, 2023, 15:27:40 pm »

Agreed! No need to panic!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2023, 15:42:39 pm »

I’m not sure why we need cover at LB TBH, Kioki  is back training and AK does a reasonable job there if things get really really bad there’s always Haynes.

just quoting what I was told!

Haynes hasnt played since Chesterfield and we've been putting Odimayo there who whilst hasn't been terrible, we could do better
Koiki is so good for us going forward when he plays but with Brady saying hes 2/3 weeks away from fitness and always rumours about him leaving, maybe they're just being cautious?

I think we're pretty well stocked to be honest. Maybe some more depth in the attacking midfield part but too many more bodies in and we could upset the balance of the squad. There's already players not getting game time who deserve more (Dyche, Lintott)
Hopefully McWilliams injury isnt long term or we may need another body there
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: