The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:32:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2023 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Window  (Read 68447 times)
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2023, 15:11:15 pm »

Bold statment but we don't know who is available defensively. Just hoping that Guthrie and Shelling are ok. Same with the midfield. Would not like to be in JB's shoes if Mansfield win.

I was thinking the same Evers, lose on Saturday and the natives will be restless indeed. We might of course have some players back , such as Guthrie and Koiki might be fit enough to start but we still look light on numbers.

JB seems to be banking on the squad being fit soon and that would be ok if they stayed fit  but they never do, you can just see us picking up a raft of injuries the day after the window closes when it's too late to bolster the squad. Have we had a full squad to chose from all season?

In my view if there is money to spend then let's get one or two in, even if they are loans. We still have over a week left though so time to pick up a gem or two yet. The only problem is games are ticking by.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2023, 15:17:23 pm »

This is not a serious suggestion BUT

Judging by how lost Etete appeared to be in the game between Cardiff and Leeds earlier this week he could do with a stint back with us. We could loan them ex Championship striker Danny Hylton in return.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2023, 17:01:02 pm »

My Cardiff supporting son in law reckons Etete is out of his depth in the Championship. League 2 may be nearer his level.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2023, 17:11:15 pm »

Now there's a player

Indeed. George Reilly was one of my favourites growing up, and went on to much greater things of course, with Watford in particular. A bit Peter Crouch-like. Obviously very good in the air, but also deceptively skillful for such a tall man. In fact, a 25-year-old George Reilly would suit us very nicely right now, I would think.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2023, 11:35:56 am »

Has ntfclad got any updates/whispers?
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2023, 14:06:58 pm »

As long as we sign only one player and it is a quality striker I will be happy.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2023, 15:44:53 pm »

My Cardiff supporting son in law reckons Etete is out of his depth in the Championship. League 2 may be nearer his level.
Cardiff City as a team are out of their depth in the Championship...never mind Etete!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2023, 16:56:59 pm »

As long as we sign only one player and it is a quality striker I will be happy.

Based on current injury worries would sign/or on loan an experienced centrehalf first, followed by a midfielder(atheletic). Would miss out a striker but if Hoskins gets injured... what then!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 17:23:48 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #448 on: January 22, 2023, 18:26:38 pm »

Evers, don't worry about Hoskins getting injured because although he has scored 40% of our goals Marvo's stats show our results are better when he is not in the starting 11.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2023, 19:05:15 pm »

Evers, don't worry about Hoskins getting injured because although he has scored 40% of our goals Marvo's stats show our results are better when he is not in the starting 11.

Ouch  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #450 on: January 22, 2023, 19:54:04 pm »

Correct. Even more so after the last couple of results. The gap is widening.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #451 on: January 22, 2023, 21:00:38 pm »

Correct. Even more so after the last couple of results. The gap is widening.

My opinion is that we would not be 3rd but for Hoskins goals. Add to that he is likely to be our first 20 goal striker in the near future!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #452 on: January 23, 2023, 07:24:04 am »

My opinion is that we would not be 3rd but for Hoskins goals. Add to that he is likely to be our first 20 goal striker in the near future!

Your opinion against my facts. Do you see your problem there?
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Worthless Recluse

Keep it up, keep it up.

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #453 on: January 23, 2023, 07:48:30 am »

Nothing to do with us being better when Hoskins is out, that's coincidental with it also raining each time we play without him. We're a team of ducks, playing better in malevolent conditions. Those winning margins would have been even wider if he had been playing. His own webbed feet are like no others.
Report Spam   Logged

HanleyplayedFender.
guest2995

« Reply #454 on: January 23, 2023, 07:52:43 am »

Orient have x2 centre halves out for a good period and sign x2 very good replacements .
We could barely field a centre half on saturday due to injuries and cannot get a replacement in .
It questions the ambition of this club in my view .
Plenty of media bluff but where’s the evidence .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #455 on: January 23, 2023, 08:11:13 am »

Orient have x2 centre halves out for a good period and sign x2 very good replacements .
We could barely field a centre half on saturday due to injuries and cannot get a replacement in .
It questions the ambition of this club in my view .
Plenty of media bluff but where’s the evidence .
It’s all down to Thomas, promise nothing, deliver less.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #456 on: January 23, 2023, 08:20:01 am »

I love a stat more than most. But do you really believe that we would be performing better without the top scorer in the EFL? He is also currently pretty much our only goal threat. You would rather see a front 3 of Appere, Bowie and Pinnock?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #457 on: January 23, 2023, 08:58:27 am »

It’s all down to Thomas, promise nothing, deliver less.
Absolutely right .
If that game had been played on Saturday , you would have seen how desperate we are .
It wasn’t and we got away with it for a week .
The team needs strengthening and everyone around us is doing so .
If funds were available , we would have signed a few by now .
There is no investment going into this club at all on the playing side and it needs challenging .
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #458 on: January 23, 2023, 09:02:30 am »

Prove it, give us the names that were out then?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2023, 09:24:22 am »

Absolutely right .
If that game had been played on Saturday , you would have seen how desperate we are .
It wasn’t and we got away with it for a week .
The team needs strengthening and everyone around us is doing so .
If funds were available , we would have signed a few by now .
There is no investment going into this club at all on the playing side and it needs challenging .

So KT says there are funds available, JB says he won't panic and bring in players just for the sake of it, we have a structure etc etc......

Is this all just hot air? We (the club) are seen to be extending contracts of both players and management.

Either we are looking for players and there is no money available to bring anyone in....or we are not even looking for more players. Which do we think it is?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: