The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:59:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2023 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Window  (Read 68296 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #660 on: January 27, 2023, 15:07:39 pm »

Sam Hoskins has scored more goals above League 2 level than Danny Hylton. FACT.
Your not seriously comparing Hylton’s career with the wee rascal that is Super Sam?
Your only going to get that blood pressure up again.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #661 on: January 27, 2023, 15:24:09 pm »

It is a fact though  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #662 on: January 27, 2023, 15:31:39 pm »

Your not seriously comparing Hylton’s career with the wee rascal that is Super Sam?

Agreed totally incomparable!

If any club outside of Northants thought Sam was worth any sort of salt he won't be here in 5 days time, he has and never again will be as valuable as he is currently.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #663 on: January 27, 2023, 15:37:41 pm »

It was in response to the comment from Glastonbury Cobbler that Hylton has spent much of his career above League  2. This is just not true.

We all want Hylton to do well, but his performances have not matched the expectations.

He does not look fit enough to play up front in a three.He is 33 so it's to be expected.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #664 on: January 27, 2023, 15:43:11 pm »

You guys realise there is a manager that sees Hylton week in week out in training and chooses not to select him.  I know I'm a bit of a Brady fan boy but do you really think he would blow a big portion of his budget on a player and not give him a fair chance.  If he was half the player some people think he is Brady would play him every week.

I have no inside knowledge of what is going on but from what I've seen of Hylton this season he looks like his legs have gone.  You can clearly see his brain still knows what to do but the body can't do it.  Maybe there is a long term injury holding him back, maybe the desire has gone who knows.  
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #665 on: January 27, 2023, 15:49:38 pm »

I think he'll be released from his contract any time at all.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3566

« Reply #666 on: January 27, 2023, 16:19:37 pm »

It is a fact though  Roll Eyes

Grin Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #667 on: January 27, 2023, 16:37:30 pm »

Sam is very very good. But isn’t consistently good. This season he has been consistent though…will it last? We all hope so!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #668 on: January 27, 2023, 16:43:05 pm »

You guys realise there is a manager that sees Hylton week in week out in training and chooses not to select him.  I know I'm a bit of a Brady fan boy but do you really think he would blow a big portion of his budget on a player and not give him a fair chance.  If he was half the player some people think he is Brady would play him every week.

I have no inside knowledge of what is going on but from what I've seen of Hylton this season he looks like his legs have gone.  You can clearly see his brain still knows what to do but the body can't do it.  Maybe there is a long term injury holding him back, maybe the desire has gone who knows.  
I think it’s fair to assume Mr Brady has the edge on me when it comes professional aptitude on this subject. Bumbling amateur buffoon or not, I’d still like to see him given a go though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 27, 2023, 16:51:24 pm »

I think it’s fair to assume Mr Brady has the edge on me when it comes professional aptitude on this subject. Bumbling amateur buffoon or not, I’d still like to see him given a go though.

When I checked this notion a couple of weeks ago my research showed me that Hylton was given plenty of game time in pre-season and early-season. He lost his place and hasn't recovered it for a reason or reasons. Sadly, I think his legs have gone.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #670 on: January 27, 2023, 17:32:24 pm »

When I checked this notion a couple of weeks ago my research showed me that Hylton was given plenty of game time in pre-season and early-season. He lost his place and hasn't recovered it for a reason or reasons. Sadly, I think his legs have gone.

He's never been given a run of games which would allow a fair assessment to be made, as others have said there may be underlying reasons for that, but I'd like to see that oppertunity be given then we would know.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #671 on: January 27, 2023, 18:52:42 pm »

Just confirmed on Twitter

Never heard of him.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #672 on: January 27, 2023, 19:04:18 pm »

Hylton had a run of games at the start of the season when he started 4 of the first 5 games and was obviously our first choice striker going into the season. He has now slipped to fourth choice behind Appere and Bowie and now that Eppiah is fit he seems to be preferred by JB. If we sign the striker we are after he will be further down the pecking order.
I would be delighted if he came good but as others have said he now appears awfully slow and it seems that his future chances will be limited and he may not start another game.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #673 on: January 27, 2023, 19:27:37 pm »

Hylton stats....

Game 1 v Colchester, started, played 90 minutes
Game 2 v Grimsby, started, subbed off after 67 minutes
Game 3 v Wycombe (EFL), Benched, subbed on after 61 minutes
Game 4 v Hartlepool, started, subbed off after 79 minutes
Game 5 v Crawley, Benched, subbed on after 68 minutes
Game 6 v Crewe, started, subbed off after 64 minutes
Game 7 v Doncaster, Benched, subbed on after 69 minutes
Game 8 v Ipswich (Trophy), started, subbed off after 65 minutes
Missed games 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Game 14 v Swindon, Benched, subbed on after 50 minutes
Game 15 v Walsall, started, subbed off after 77 minutes
Missed game 16
Game 17 v Leyton Orient, unused sub
Missed game 18
Game 19 v Stevenage, Benched, subbed on after 71 minutes, sent off after 90
Missed games 20, 21 and 22 (suspension)
Then games 23-31 (our last 9 games), a sub in all, but has come on in all games for a total of 119 minutes.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3063

« Reply #674 on: January 27, 2023, 20:06:55 pm »

Hylton to break his duck tomorrow after all this talk. You heard it here first.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc_kjd

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #675 on: January 27, 2023, 20:41:06 pm »

Hylton stats....

Missed game 16
Missed game 18
Then games 23-31 (our last 9 games), a sub in all, but has come on in all games for a total of 119 minutes.

He came on vs Stockport at half time and changed the game, best game for the club.
Not disagreeing with you though, he’s been poor.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #676 on: January 27, 2023, 21:12:03 pm »

Hylton stats....

Missed game 16
Missed game 18
FACT.

Brilliant, pay attention everyone, this is how to write a post.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #677 on: January 27, 2023, 21:37:49 pm »

Matty!

Matty Stevens would be a decent loan signing, last I heard of him he got a long term injury, someone like him until the end of the season would be a good bit of business.

I don't mind us signing players like Will Hondermarck who we may not have heard of, they strike me as low risk, if they do well - great, if not - little loss, at the end of the day there are lots of young players out there who if given a chance could shine, it's just not many managers out there can afford to give them a chance. I like the idea of us being a club that gives chances.

Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #678 on: January 27, 2023, 21:47:03 pm »

I’d say (as per GPC’s stats) Hylton has had a pretty easy ride from many fans. Mainly due to his past track record when we haven’t been paying his wages. Many a player has been totally battered for less. The zero in the goals column for that amount of minutes (for a striker) is up there with some infamous names. In some respects he gets less stick than the guy who has been banging them in for fun!
He owes us.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #679 on: January 27, 2023, 21:50:52 pm »

I keep reading that Hilton is on high wages, how high?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: