The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:40:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2023 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Window  (Read 68298 times)
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #940 on: January 31, 2023, 22:15:31 pm »

Great work as ever ntfclad and it's always much appreciated...

Rest up now...see you again back here during the Summer...hopefully in L1!
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #941 on: January 31, 2023, 22:16:24 pm »

Hondermarck, Yengi and Wright-Phillips!!! Gonna be an entertaining next few months...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #942 on: January 31, 2023, 22:16:46 pm »

Stoke fans on twitter seem amazed we've got him, which can't be a bad thing  Grin

He seems to have been making appearances for them, so he's obviously got something they like.

As you said, can't be a bad thing!
Report Spam   Logged

Stoke cobbler

View Profile
Level 1 First Post Linux User
« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2023, 22:20:36 pm »

I go stoke every week home and away,  and been to a few Northampton games recently with my son, I was at barrow on Saturday. DWP has a lot of ability, pace and will terrify defenders in League 2, he is very lightweight however. He's shown some moments of magic for stoke but can't seem to find consistency, some say he's not been given a fair run in the team, he can play on either wing or behind the striker. I think he'll be the perfect fit for how cobblers play and sure the shoe army take to him very quickly.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2023, 22:20:57 pm »

Hondermarck, Yengi and Wright-Phillips!!! Gonna be an entertaining next few months...  Grin

Will be for the commentators pronouncing that lot.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2023, 22:21:08 pm »

What about our friend on the inside, how does he do it, who is he and who does he know? One of life’s mysteries never to be solved I guess?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2023, 22:28:31 pm »

So other than the obvious I know nothing football wise about him.  Any good?

https://the18.com/soccer-news/dmargio-wright-phillips-goal-vs-arsenal-fa-youth-cup

some Stoke Fans not happy!  - https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/307101/dwp?page=3

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 23:34:51 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 31, 2023, 22:53:47 pm »

I go stoke every week home and away,  and been to a few Northampton games recently with my son, I was at barrow on Saturday. DWP has a lot of ability, pace and will terrify defenders in League 2, he is very lightweight however. He's shown some moments of magic for stoke but can't seem to find consistency, some say he's not been given a fair run in the team, he can play on either wing or behind the striker. I think he'll be the perfect fit for how cobblers play and sure the shoe army take to him very quickly.

Thanks Stoke Cobbler - decent appraisal too! Glad you took the trouble to go to Barrow. How did you manage to end up at Barrow?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 09:53:46 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 31, 2023, 23:03:15 pm »

What about our friend on the inside, how does he do it, who is he and who does he know? One of life’s mysteries never to be solved I guess?

Hopefully this is ntfclad! Love the last signing too and the 2nd signing for that matter too. Kept us all on tenterhooks superbly!

regards to ntfclad
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 23:35:53 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #949 on: February 01, 2023, 04:41:16 am »

Still think ntfclad is either KT or JW, guess we’ll never know.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #950 on: February 01, 2023, 04:45:06 am »

Again well done to KT,  JB and the management team during the January window.

I don't care who ntfclad is it is just refreshing he does not add to some of the b*lls*** posted, well done.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #951 on: February 01, 2023, 04:51:27 am »

Again well done to KT,  JB and the management team during the January window.

I don't care who ntfclad is it is just refreshing he does not add to some of the b*lls*** posted, well done.

At this point I'm assuming hes JB with the level of info he nails every time  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #952 on: February 01, 2023, 05:43:39 am »

Thank you to NTFClad updates.Very refreshing

On footballing note the addition to Wright Phillips appears to be a big statement. Brady has done some good work and clearly has a plan. The new striker comes with understandable question marks, but the chances are we will have seen worse and he's 6ft5 at the ver least.

The prospect of Eppiah and DWP on the pitch is very exciting and with the B2B midfielders we have in middle, it feels balanced and thought-out

Very difficult game Saturday though
Report Spam   Logged
guest3566

« Reply #953 on: February 01, 2023, 06:09:24 am »

Good window

King throws it out to Hondermarck

Hondermarck passes to D'Margio Wright-Phillips

D'Margio Wright-Phillips crosses for Tete Yengi

Tete Yengi knocks down for Hoskins

Hoskins shoots and scores
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #954 on: February 01, 2023, 06:09:28 am »

Good signing for us and will put pressure on Pinnock who has been way below par this season .
I think we will play him either behind Appere or wide left .
Typical Brady player .
i am surprised we didn’t sign a left sided defender though .
Report Spam   Logged
Stoke cobbler

View Profile
Level 1 First Post Linux User
« Reply #955 on: February 01, 2023, 06:13:40 am »

Thanks Stoke Cobbler - decent appraisal too! Glad you took the trouble to go to Barrow. How did you mange to end up at Barrow?

So my son 13 wants to go as many grounds as possible, we've done all championship and a few prem with stoke. At the end of last season there were play off games and Mansfield was the closest to us, the boy wanted to go in the away end always a better atmosphere. Fans were brilliant, and the shoe army nickname is genius had to explain that to my lad. So now when stoke aren't playing we try and get to Northampton matches, only managed 2 this season so far Salford away and barrow away.  My wife thinks I'm crazy. So far everyone I've spoke to has been really welcoming.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #956 on: February 01, 2023, 07:46:22 am »

I questioned yesterday morning if we would make a big signing at 10.59 last night, when I saw the initials DWP I thought we had signed somebody from the Department of Works and Pensions. Looks like a good signing, fast and tricky but some describe as a little lightweight. With Bowie not expected to be out for as long as first thought that is also good news. Now our 5th placed striker might not even make the bench.

Great work ntfclad thanks for the regular updates they are much appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #957 on: February 01, 2023, 07:49:06 am »

Good window. Happy with that!
Report Spam   Logged
Escape Committee

View Profile
50 Posts Second year Anniversary Level 3
« Reply #958 on: February 01, 2023, 07:54:00 am »

Welcome to the Cobblers Mr Wright-Phillips.
Does anyone else remember a 2-leg League cup tie against West Ham which we won? Ian Wright criticised us for putting 11 men behaind the ball in the second leg and then said he hoped Tottenham would beat us in the next round (which they did, 3-1). This from an Arsenal player!
Report Spam   Logged
Arminder Shwami

View Profile
100 Posts One year Anniversary 50 Posts
« Reply #959 on: February 01, 2023, 07:54:32 am »

I'm impressed with the steady squad-building. We've obviously lacked a bit of real height and muscle up front when all else has failed, and the lack of anyone with the pace to go past people is perhaps why, even with all the high-scoring this season, we often create few chances despite appearing dominant in games. Looking forward to seeing the impact of these new boys.  
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: