The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:12:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January 2023 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Window  (Read 68428 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #960 on: February 01, 2023, 08:09:31 am »

I'm impressed with the steady squad-building. We've obviously lacked a bit of real height and muscle up front when all else has failed, and the lack of anyone with the pace to go past people is perhaps why, even with all the high-scoring this season, we often create few chances despite appearing dominant in games. Looking forward to seeing the impact of these new boys.  

lack of pace ?
We have more pace than probably any other team in the division .
Report Spam   Logged
Worthless Recluse

Keep it up, keep it up.

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #961 on: February 01, 2023, 08:10:40 am »

Welcome to the Cobblers Mr Wright-Phillips.
Does anyone else remember a 2-leg League cup tie against West Ham which we won? Ian Wright criticised us for putting 11 men behaind the ball in the second leg and then said he hoped Tottenham would beat us in the next round (which they did, 3-1). This from an Arsenal player!
Managed to get out and was at the Boleyn for that one. Great night.
Report Spam   Logged

HanleyplayedFender.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #962 on: February 01, 2023, 08:27:35 am »

What about our friend on the inside, how does he do it, who is he and who does he know? One of life’s mysteries never to be solved I guess?
From his position he knows them all.. Well done to him, sterling effort. You do need to lose a bit of weight though son.  Wink
See ya around.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Arminder Shwami

View Profile
100 Posts One year Anniversary 50 Posts
« Reply #963 on: February 01, 2023, 08:30:58 am »

lack of pace ?
We have more pace than probably any other team in the division .

I agree, good pace all over the pitch, and it has been great to see Mr Brady’s gradual transformation of that aspect. Wonderful to watch at its best. But who can go past people at a standing start to open up a tight game. Eppiah at full fitness and Koiki, I’d say, Hoskins sometimes. The rest is good fast team play and pace on the break.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler50
BrianHarveyWasMyHero

Brian Harvey was my hero

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #964 on: February 01, 2023, 09:03:36 am »

Welcome to the Cobblers Mr Wright-Phillips.
Does anyone else remember a 2-leg League cup tie against West Ham which we won? Ian Wright criticised us for putting 11 men behaind the ball in the second leg and then said he hoped Tottenham would beat us in the next round (which they did, 3-1). This from an Arsenal player!

Yep - remember it well. Those were the days when our attack was led by the powerhouse that was Chris Freestone.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #965 on: February 01, 2023, 09:35:53 am »

Still think ntfclad is either KT or JW, guess we’ll never know.

Grin

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #966 on: February 01, 2023, 09:50:13 am »

We left it very late but a positive end to the transfer window!

DWP has flirted with the Championship and is a pretty consent on the bench for Stoke. Disappointing he didn’t get any minutes against Stevenage at the weekend as that would have been a good measure of L2 credentials. He’s a good age for a loanee with some higher league experience. I’d be surprised if he isn’t in the starting 11 week in week out.

Yengi is a bit of a gamble but complimented with DWP and Hondermarck (assuming his not to far from fitness). Hopefully he has a couple of goals in him as an attacking 3 of Hoskins, DWP and Eppiah in this league should be special.

King is a good keeper to play second fiddle to Burge. I assume Burge is a few weeks away coming back as Maxted is still here.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 01, 2023, 10:04:56 am »

Also hats off to claretparrot and ntfclad. Excellent stuff yesterday.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #968 on: February 01, 2023, 11:27:12 am »

Thanks for all your updates and information ntfclad.

x1
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #969 on: February 01, 2023, 11:35:21 am »

Well done to JB and team for what has turned out to be a very good window for us. We now have lots of options up front and if Keiron Bowie's injury is not as bad as first thought then that's a good thing too.

Thanks to the clubs for allowing us to have their players on loan, a nd that includes Brighton and Fulham who haven't recalled two players who performed well for us.

The big bonus for me though is that we have kept Sammy, I wonder if any bids came in?

JB's biggest problem now, assuming everyone stays fit, will be keeping everyone happy. A nice problem to have.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #970 on: February 01, 2023, 11:39:12 am »

All in all, a decent window. While there's nothing mind blowing there we've got some decent potential, extra squad depth, haven't lost anyone and have tied more players down for next year.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #971 on: February 01, 2023, 11:52:42 am »

Hopefully Koiki will be offered and sign an extension imminently!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #972 on: February 01, 2023, 12:00:00 pm »

Hopefully Koiki will be offered and sign an extension imminently!
Spot on, this has to be a priority, we are a much better balanced team with Kioki in at LB.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #973 on: February 01, 2023, 12:36:13 pm »

He's made 17 appearences for Stoke this year, so seems unlikely.
Egg on my face, well done all.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #974 on: February 01, 2023, 12:50:25 pm »

Egg on my face, well done all.

Those 17 games have only been a few minutes off the bench in each.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #975 on: February 01, 2023, 12:59:17 pm »

Don't worry about a bit of egg on your face Welly, think how much is on the Trust Boards - no wonder there's an egg shortage.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #976 on: February 01, 2023, 13:40:07 pm »

Anyone fancy picking their best Cobblers matchday 18 now assuming everyone was fit?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #977 on: February 01, 2023, 13:53:49 pm »

Anyone fancy picking their best Cobblers matchday 18 now assuming everyone was fit?

Id go something along the lines of
                  Burge
Odimayo Sherring Guthrie Koiki
                Leonard
           McWilliams Fox
Wright-Phillips      Hoskins
                  Appere

Bench:
King
Mcgowan
Magloire
Sowerby
Pinnock
Bowie
Yengi

Few caveats to go with this. I have not seen the lads in the flesh so they may be better / worse than I expect. Of the starters I would hope Appere can up his goal return otherwise I would hope Yengi can bring more of a goal threat. Not seen the new CM but all the CM's in the squad so far have proven qualities at this level. Harsh on Eppiah, but of the regular players I feel like his actual output in terms of goals and assists is the lowes of them. Would mean Maxted, Dyche, Haynes, Harrop, Hondermarck, Hylton and Eppiah dont make the 18. We have some impressive depth now thats for sure!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #978 on: February 01, 2023, 14:00:18 pm »

Picking one for this Saturday will be interesting let alone from a fully fit squad., not every one is fit tho' one of whom is McGowan
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 01, 2023, 14:06:02 pm »

Id go something along the lines of
                  Burge
Odimayo Sherring Guthrie Koiki
                Leonard
           McWilliams Fox
Wright-Phillips      Hoskins
                  Appere

Bench:
King
Mcgowan
Magloire
Sowerby
Pinnock
Bowie
Yengi

Few caveats to go with this. I have not seen the lads in the flesh so they may be better / worse than I expect. Of the starters I would hope Appere can up his goal return otherwise I would hope Yengi can bring more of a goal threat. Not seen the new CM but all the CM's in the squad so far have proven qualities at this level. Harsh on Eppiah, but of the regular players I feel like his actual output in terms of goals and assists is the lowes of them. Would mean Maxted, Dyche, Haynes, Harrop, Hondermarck, Hylton and Eppiah dont make the 18. We have some impressive depth now thats for sure!

I've got the below 11 in my head!

Not sure how the front three will all fit in though!

Burge

Odimayo Magloire Guthrie Koiki

McWilliams Sowerby

Wright-Phillips Eppiah Hoskins

Yengi

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: