The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:36:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford away  (Read 8618 times)
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2022, 16:19:35 pm »

Fantastic win, playing some really good football and without Sam Hoskins. This is the kind of football JB was promising us and the team are starting to deliver more often. Some players have improved so much in recent times. McWilliams is one. No longer just the defensive ball-winner, he's starting to create more going forward and has even started scoring goals! Congratulations to the whole team and UTC.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2022, 16:28:26 pm »

Bradford fan here. Well done guys, well deserved victory. No complaints. We're not good enough. You are a very good side and fully deserve to go up this season. I hope you do go up - nice club and you're fully deserving of the automatics. All the best for the rest of the season. It would be nice to see you promoted.

Good to hear.

All the best for the rest of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2022, 16:54:04 pm »

Fantastic result gained from what sounds likean excellent performance

When was the last time we got anything there?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2022, 16:57:52 pm »

Fantastic result gained from what sounds likean excellent performance

When was the last time we got anything there?

It was today mate.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2022, 17:11:30 pm »

Well I did enjoy that.

Boy Bingers has a few City supportering friends round this evening, I think I'll enjoy that as well.

Also, I am training one of their former players on Tuesday, I think I might rub it in there as well.

My best day out at Valley Parade since 2007.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2022, 17:17:18 pm »

Come on then MC, what weren’t you happy with today?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2022, 17:31:21 pm »

A truly great performance and result, I think a lot of us would have been happy with a point before kick off.
Looking on the Bradford forum we are getting a lot of praise that it could have been 5 or 6, we were clinical and incisive, impressed with our interplay between midfield and attack, an embarrassing gulf in class, just been taught an absolute lesson today, 2 goals up and we did not sit back but went looking for a 3rd and good job Hoskins wasn't playing. I think comments like these from opposition fans say it all.
We move 2 points closer to Stevenage and with Bradford, Swindon and Mansfield all losing we look in a very healthy position with a lot of tough games to come over the next couple of months. But having taken 10 points from away games at Swindon, Orient, Stevenage and Bradford we should not fear anyone.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2022, 18:25:16 pm »

You would have done if we had lost….big time!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2022, 19:49:39 pm »

Terrific performance, every player played their part, if we play like that for the remaining games we will be Champions by Easter  Grin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 21:21:14 pm by Carton Lid » Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2022, 20:32:41 pm »

And here I was thinking a big stadium and a large crowd guarantees success.  Huh?

Great statement made to the rest of the league. Hopefully teams wont come to Sixfields and just sit back and try to hit us on the break now
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2022, 20:55:51 pm »

Just got back after stopping for a lovely curry in Bradford. What a fantastic performance that was. Could and should have been 6 easily. Definately the best performance of the season and if we can carry on like that for the rest of the season we could win the league. Certainly seemed like more than 500 odd Cobblers there. Much louder than Bradford fans, despite the silly drum. Bet there's a few wishing they'd been there today.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2022, 21:42:38 pm »

Just got back after stopping for a lovely curry in Bradford. What a fantastic performance that was. Could and should have been 6 easily. Definately the best performance of the season and if we can carry on like that for the rest of the season we could win the league. Certainly seemed like more than 500 odd Cobblers there. Much louder than Bradford fans, despite the silly drum. Bet there's a few wishing they'd been there today.

Shades of Henry Vth after Agincourt as Shakespeare quoted as saying in the St Crispins Day Speech  ' And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here'

What a game and performance for the missing fans to miss!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2022, 22:12:01 pm »

Great to see McGowan back to his best and fit again. Odimayo looked at home at Left Back as well. Burge by far the better Keeper on display and never looked troubled. Safe and assured.

Very accomplished performance.

McWilliams excellent though really should have had more than his single goal.

We really need to keep Bowie for the rest of the season. Our best forward today.

This side looks comfortably Top Three material.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2022, 06:28:46 am »

What a game and performance for the missing fans to miss!

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I didn't miss it, I watched every second on ifollow, saw the incidents replayed over, listened to the Bradford commentators purring over our performance, ate my curry while observing the second half and then switched over and watched the England v New Zealand international. I admit I didn't have to get up early, sit on a bus for 5 hours whilst travelling nearly 300 miles with the expense that incurs but I don't regard that as "missing out". Great performance by the way, best of the season after Stevenage, I wonder why we played so well or what the common factor was?
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2022, 07:17:50 am »

The late penalty!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2022, 07:39:15 am »

The forward press worked a treat and we look much more dangerous now that midfielders are breaking forward. Could soon be back to full strength with only Koiki and Magloire to regain fitness and no suspensions looming as Guthrie came through the game without a yellow, pity McWilliams picked up another and he will do well to avoid a 2 match ban later in the season. Overall things looking very rosy.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2022, 08:17:49 am »

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I didn't miss it, I watched every second on ifollow, saw the incidents replayed over, listened to the Bradford commentators purring over our performance, ate my   curry  while observing the second half and then switched over and watched the England v New Zealand  international.   I admit I didn't have to get up early, sit on a bus for 5 hours whilst travelling nearly 300 miles with the expense that incurs but I don't regard that as "missing out". Great performance by the way, best of the season after Stevenage, I wonder why we played so well or what the common factor was?

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but personally I'd much rather be there in real life, amongst the atmosphere and camaraderie than be an armchair fan. I got up fairly early, drove up at shared expense, listened to fellow supporters purring over our performance and had a curry at the International curry house. I think the common factor was that every player had a great game and Bradford couldn't touch us.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2022, 08:21:21 am »

Great team performance. Every one of the boys played really well. When we are all at it like that we look a really good team. JB/CC obviously got their game worked out to perfection. I followed that with a meal with some friends  in Harrogate, what a great day! UTC
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2022, 08:47:16 am »

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but personally I'd much rather be there in real life, amongst the atmosphere and camaraderie than be an armchair fan. I got up fairly early, drove up at shared expense, listened to fellow supporters purring over our performance and had a curry at the International curry house. I think the common factor was that every player had a great game and Bradford couldn't touch us.

and that's YOUR choice and you are entitled to it. I know where you are coming from, I spent over 40 years going up and down the country watching the Cobblers at 139 different venues. I now prefer home comforts and that's my choice. What I don't do is try demeaning fellow supporters by telling them they "missed out" by not attending a game. I don't know how many supporters the Cobblers have got. Thousands I guess spread all over the world. Of all those thousands just over 500 made the journey to Bradford.

I really enjoyed the game by the way, and I really enjoy hearing the opposition commentators. They are biased of course but that makes it all the better. It's also a pleasure reading fellow supporters purring over our performance on various media outlets. You don't have to be there to have the Cobblers in your heart.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2022, 08:57:56 am »

and that's YOUR choice and you are entitled to it. I know where you are coming from, I spent over 40 years going up and down the country watching the Cobblers at 139 different venues. I now prefer home comforts and that's my choice. What I don't do is try demeaning fellow supporters by telling them they "missed out" by not attending a game. I don't know how many supporters the Cobblers have got. Thousands I guess spread all over the world. Of all those thousands just over 500 made the journey to Bradford.

I really enjoyed the game by the way, and I really enjoy hearing the opposition commentators. They are biased of course but that makes it all the better. It's also a pleasure reading fellow supporters purring over our performance on various media outlets. You don't have to be there to have the Cobblers in your heart.

Absolutely, not everyone is Lee Geary and most middle aged+ people have put the miles (and dread to think how much money in) over the years. That’s why I’m always impressed when our overseas supporters make significant commitments to attend many games. Forget the back slapping for a couple of hours up the road. It’s fair to say they love the team more than me these days. Most of us will have a time in our lives when football becomes a side show.
Result of the season yesterday. Pity the O’s keep on winning.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: