The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:01:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC Accounts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC Accounts  (Read 2880 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2022, 17:12:06 pm »

Own up, who p1ssed off London Cobbler enough for him to delete his account?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3548

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 19:16:16 pm »

I suspect it had something to do with a differing sense of humour from a feline type
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2022, 20:04:26 pm »

Agree with the first post observation.....rather loaded!

However, football clubs reported accounts are notoriously lacking in transparency. Some report the bare minimum, some a little more. It was well covered in the press last year and you'll never get to the actual nuts and bolts. I am sure the same can be said for many firms.
Those who are closer to the accounts will know we published a profit in 20/21, with staffing costs of just under £4m. 'Administrative expenses' of £1.1m and retained earnings of -£8m.
Tangible assets of £2.4m.

Take Wycombe (purely as I mentioned them)
Tangible assets of £1m. Net assets of £1m. Nothing on staff costs but reported employees are significantly less.

Luton.....lost £2m. 178 staff, £14m wage bill. Some hefty director salaries in there.

Ultimately accounting is akin to sorcery (hence why a decent one is worth their weight in gold) and they never report like for like but the smart money wouldn't be on buying a football club.  

I know you will always pop up Melbourne with your Dr Deloitte report but if you are ever going to aspire towards something it should never be 'average'!
I think once you demonstrate that you can run at break even (or maybe a modest profit) then that has to be the target. Whether that is talent spotting and investing to get the big money from future transfers, having a productive youth system, investing in the right places to bring commercial success, or having the right head count...that's what a successful business is all about. It's clearly not easy in football.

As for NTFC...the staff always seem happy and looked after. The ground needs some TLC (and finishing!) and I haven't seen much activity to entice the public in, other than our current league position. I know we do a fair bit in the community and I'm sure we are run better than some but maybe we are missing a passionate entrepreneurial genius with a bit of a budget! Get Random on speed dial  Grin

Reasonable analysis Dav but frankly it has nothing to do with aspirations. The original post has singled out NTFC has having a financial performance that warrants particular criticism and should arouse suspicions. If you are going to criticise then the simple way to work out if the statement is warranted is to establish the mean average. Subsequently identify where the club falls above or below that line to establish if the original analysis is valid and is further investigation required. It isn’t, should you aspire to this, no. Conversely is it reasonable to single out the club for special criticism, no.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 08:56:21 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 20:21:07 pm »

Reasonable analysis Dav but frankly it has nothing to do with aspirations. The original post has singled out NTFC has having a financial performance that warrants particular criticism and should arouse suspicions. If you are going to criticise then the simple way to work out if the statement is warranted is to establish the mean average. Subsequently identifying where the club falls above or below that line, and is the original analysis valid and is further investigation required. It isn’t, should you aspire to this, no. Conversely is it reasonable to single out the club for special criticism, no.
Moving on Melbourne, were you out with the rest of your mates in Federation Square early this morning?  Cheesy
https://twitter.com/i/status/1597990541454880768
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2022, 20:24:34 pm »

Moving on Melbourne, were you out with the rest of your mates in Federation Square early this morning?  Cheesy
https://twitter.com/i/status/1597990541454880768
😀 I was the one booing at the back, hence the hullabaloo. This lot think they’re going to win it, work today is going to be a nightmare.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2022, 20:31:14 pm »

😀 I was the one booing at the back, hence the hullabaloo. This lot think they’re going to win it, work today is going to be a nightmare.
Easy peasy Dale, just tell them that hiding sandpaper in your budgie smugglers, doesnt work in the beautiful game.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2022, 20:52:53 pm »

I always wonder how we have 240 employees, or around that number.
I think the likes of Wycombe have around 90. It’s not as though we do the catering, or as we’ve seen the club shop ourselves.
It’s either how it gets reported or we operate very differently!
Is the Catering outsourced? Unless I am remembering incorrectly, KT said they bought out the contract when they took over to bring it back in house. Genuine question as I am not sure. It could account for all the employees as could the stewarding if they are paid direct by the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2022, 22:02:06 pm »

Easy peasy Dale, just tell them that hiding sandpaper in your budgie smugglers, doesnt work in the beautiful game.
They are already claiming to be the 10th best side in the world kid on account of beating Denmark. I’ve told the colonials they need to join this forum, with some of the distorted logic on here they’re going to fit right in.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2022, 22:27:46 pm »

Really? Jesus how many times do we have to go through this. The link is to the last Deloitte report to comprehensively cover L2 finances that has now been on here for the umpteenth time. Our losses are bang on average for a league 2 club. It doesn’t matter if we have 2 employees or 2,000 or any of the other spins you can think of because you can turn every statement on its head. Such as , how come we supposedly employ so many more staff yet our losses are only average? Or, how come our losses are average yet we are continually so competitive in this division?
Criticise football if you like because these financial facts are shocking generally. However to criticise NTFC in isolation is nonsense. If not can someone who thinks so put up some report or evidence that compares us to other clubs that demonstrates we are comparably so poorly run? Because currently the facts are irrefutable and to suggest otherwise is just more of the same old fúcking bollocks from the same old people with an agenda and nothing to back it up. And by the way, if I’m wrong don’t bother arguing with me, take it up with Deloitte.

https://www2.deloitte.com/bg/en/pages/finance/articles/football-money-league-2021.html
What does Deloitte say about 20 years of zero growth?..
 You'll get struck off their copy and paste thingymajig 😀
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2022, 22:30:02 pm »

Own up, who p1ssed off London Cobbler enough for him to delete his account?
He's a cdnl man, now posting as a guest..
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2022, 22:38:41 pm »

What does Deloitte say about 20 years of zero growth?..
 You'll get struck off their copy and paste thingymajig 😀
https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/footerlinks/contact-us.html
Perhaps you can dazzle them with your business acumen and tell them where they are going wrong as well?
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2022, 22:43:06 pm »

In the frankly unlikely scenario that someone from Deloitte is reading this here is a useful cut and paste link for you. You may need it imminently.

https://brittontime.com/2021/01/29/everything-you-need-to-know-about-a-restraining-order/
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2022, 23:40:57 pm »

So you guys give credence to a ‘fan’ with no history but with a gripe against the Club Management with after one post. It’s pretty obvious who he is and his main aim is the current management, or at the very least sow doubt and confusion. Ignore those with multiple aliases? To many of them on here already!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2022, 00:26:59 am »

By the way, this continual idea that’s banded about accountants being able to pull off some sort of magic trick is a complete myth facilitated by people who clearly have no experience of the reality and it makes my píss boil. We have to live with the reality every day and it’s another load of old bóllocks to suggest otherwise. If you are one of the multi national giants who are able to negotiate on an individual basis from a position of strength. or unless you are a Mexican Cartel or similar, you operate by the rules or you are fúcked. For example, I’ve lost count of the number of people who have suggested that legitimate organisations who operate in multiple countries are onto “a nice little earner”. Absolutely clueless the lot of them, and it drives me bonkers.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 01:05:11 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2022, 08:35:39 am »

So you guys give credence to a ‘fan’ with no history but with a gripe against the Club Management with after one post. It’s pretty obvious who he is and his main aim is the current management, or at the very least sow doubt and confusion. Ignore those with multiple aliases? To many of them on here already!

I’ve said it many times. There is a genuinely concerted effort to detract from anything the club does. This is a difficult time for the obvious anti club suspects. We are enjoying success on the pitch, coupled with some fantastic achievements in the community, and in further reaching initiatives. Knowing a couple of the main players, I’m not surprised that they are reduced to this.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2022, 11:37:59 am »

I find it incomprehensible that anyone would stoop so low! Grin Especially from the moral high ground some would purport to inhabit
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2022, 12:02:10 pm »

By the way, this continual idea that’s banded about accountants being able to pull off some sort of magic trick is a complete myth facilitated by people who clearly have no experience of the reality and it makes my píss boil. We have to live with the reality every day and it’s another load of old bóllocks to suggest otherwise. If you are one of the multi national giants who are able to negotiate on an individual basis from a position of strength. or unless you are a Mexican Cartel or similar, you operate by the rules or you are fúcked. For example, I’ve lost count of the number of people who have suggested that legitimate organisations who operate in multiple countries are onto “a nice little earner”. Absolutely clueless the lot of them, and it drives me bonkers.

There are rules and then there is moral corruption. To suggest people and companies tread the honest path when it comes to accountancy is a tad idealistic. Several large companies are renowned for it and not one self employed person I know plays with a straight bat, which may say more about the people I know!
You’ve average PAYE Joe has no chance.

PS none of which is aimed at little old NTFC and co.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2022, 14:24:11 pm »

There are rules and then there is moral corruption. To suggest people and companies tread the honest path when it comes to accountancy is a tad idealistic. Several large companies are renowned for it and not one self employed person I know plays with a straight bat, which may say more about the people I know!
You’ve average PAYE Joe has no chance.

PS none of which is aimed at little old NTFC and co.
That’s not what I said though Dav. I said follow the rules or you are fúcked. I don’t dispute there are those that try it on. That’s not clever accounting though, that’s just reckless. Take the píss out of these revenue departments at your peril, their power is just ridiculous these days.
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2022, 14:32:45 pm »

I agree however there is quite a difference in terms of what you declare (and therefore becomes public) when filing returns to companies house depending if you are a company, small company or minor entity and I was quite surprised NTFC file as a small company but looking further, they satisfy 2 out of the 3 criteria so perfectly in order. Where you are absolutely right is how it links up to HMRC submissions and yes of course there are some loopholes but the suggestions by some that  directors can, undetected top skim vast amounts is simply not credible.  
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2022, 16:36:02 pm »

Take the píss out of these revenue departments at your peril, their power is just ridiculous these days.

Really? Just how ridiculous is their power? Cuz… I’ve got a “Friend” who’s doing his self assessment at the moment.  He’ll be alright won’t he mate….  Cool Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: