The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:27:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Salford City - 7 January 2023 1230hrs KO

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salford City - 7 January 2023 1230hrs KO  (Read 9167 times)
WasRambo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2023, 15:27:03 pm »

Agreed, collectively we were worse off. But would we have scored the pen? Would we have got a third after Eppiah etc. all ifs and buts.

Fact is we didn’t do enough to win the game. The majority of players were guilty awful in the first half. That’s not the refs fault.

We’ve won 1 in 4, 2 in 6. That’s not the refs fault either.

We are dropping points and will shortly be dropping down the league and that’s a fact.

No, that's your opinion.

And I doubt anyone expects any other type of opinion from you
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2023, 15:27:41 pm »

If you do go, can you let us know how the pies are?

They looked awful with some horrible looking sauce on top. That is if it was sauce!🥹
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2023, 15:58:35 pm »

Well… We certainly showed those watching our full value 🙄🙄

The ref was fùcking useless, so looked completely in keeping with most of our side. Two things that above all struck me.

Firstly, too many players having a casual afternoon stroll instead showing genuine commitment.

Secondly, and far more importantly, in my opinion. Overweight players. It’s their job to be at the very least fit. I accept that these guys are not quite the elite athletes that grace the premiership. But some of them are just simply fat. In the last few games we have looked generally leggy and some players just plain slow.

The game today, regardless of the ref, could have been won just by some good old fashioned grit and determination. But it wasn’t there. And like it or not, Mysterious Curle will have his way. We will be out of the autos very soon.

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2023, 16:05:21 pm »

What i cant believe is Brady  saying that Sowerby has lost alot of weight, just how heavy was he before ? Because he still looks a bit of a porker.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2023, 16:08:02 pm »

Agreed, collectively we were worse off. But would we have scored the pen? Would we have got a third after Eppiah etc. all ifs and buts.

Fact is we didn’t do enough to win the game. The majority of players were guilty awful in the first half. That’s not the refs fault.

We’ve won 1 in 4, 2 in 6. That’s not the refs fault either.

We are dropping points and will shortly be dropping down the league and that’s a fact.

Not at our best, but missing key players and playing on a park-like pitch and despite all that we only lost due to some very poor refereeing. You are quite simply the most consistently negative poster I have read on any message board. If we had 73 points out of a possible 75, you'd be moaning about the 2 points we'd dropped along the way.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2023, 16:22:25 pm »

I don't comment on the matches as I don't go, but I feel mysterious may just be trying to rile people, he's as entitled to his opinion as the rest are. Perhaps if people stopped responding (everbrite) he may change his tune
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2023, 16:27:07 pm »

They looked awful with some horrible looking sauce on top. That is if it was sauce!🥹
I was asking Worthless Recluse, not you, as I feel that he may have an interest in pies, and also anything associated with the groin area.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2023, 16:30:57 pm »

I don’t suppose any of the Journo’s asked JB about the injuries or any potential incomings?
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2023, 16:33:17 pm »

[/tt]
I don't comment on the matches as I don't go, but I feel mysterious may just be trying to rile people, he's as entitled to his opinion as the rest are. Perhaps if people stopped responding (everbrite) he may change his tune

Is that the rule? Doesn't watching on TV count, even though you have a better view and get to see incidents replayed? I got a text from a mate at the game straight after the disallowed goal asking me if it was offside and had I not seen the tackle again that should and would have seen the Salford player sent off if we had VAR, I wouldn't have realised how bad it was.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2023, 16:35:17 pm »

I don’t suppose any of the Journo’s asked JB about the injuries or any potential incomings?

McWilliams and Magloire should be back within a month apparently, so that's positive.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2023, 16:38:16 pm »

I was asking Worthless Recluse, not you, as I feel that he may have an interest in pies, and also anything associated with the groin area.

We should offer Steve Evans the position as Resident Pie Expert - unfortunately just had his contract extended at Stevenage.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2023, 16:39:50 pm »

McWilliams and Magloire should be back within a month apparently, so that's positive.

Cheers mate, that is good news - the rest of January is going to be tough though unless we’ve got some new recruits lined up (which it doesn’t sound like we have).
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2023, 16:44:51 pm »

Cheers mate, that is good news - the rest of January is going to be tough though unless we’ve got some new recruits lined up (which it doesn’t sound like we have).

This group nearly always bounce back and the atmosphere at Stockport will motivate them. A proper football club.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2023, 16:46:22 pm »

Judging by the highlights of the FA Cup games this afternoon I don't think there has been a single pitch that was worse than the condition of Salford's.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2023, 16:53:03 pm »

Well unfortunately our away sequence, which I mentioned in my preview, came to pass. After starting the season with 3 away wins and 2 draws we lost at Walsall and after winning 3 and drawing 2 of the next 5 we lost again today. So we can look forward to a repeat of 3 away wins and 2 draws before we lose at Hartlepool (our record there is poor). But 11 points from each set of 6 fixtures to date is very acceptable.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2023, 16:59:54 pm »

I bloody hate Salford. They were selling adult tickets at £5 and yet they could still only muster just over 2200 fans, (the gate was 2753 and there were 529 Cobblers there), it's a tin pot ground with tin pot support and a large budget - if only we had their money. The pitch was awful but they had a lot of rain so that may not be their fault.

As for the game we were hopeless first half and were lucky to be only 2 - 1 down and that was thanks to a lucky Sam Hoskins goal - albeit he deserved one of those for all the great goals he has scored this season. It is also true to say he maybe should have had another but the goalie made a save, but should he have been able too.? Anyway difficult to criticize him really.

Second half we were much the better team and there is no doubt in my mind that had Eppiah's goal stood we would have won - even without the obvious red card and penalty. Salford were as bad second half as we were in the first.

When Koiki is fit I would like to see him back at left back and AK moved over to the right. McGowan isn't the player he was since the injury - so far anyway. Keiron Bowie seems to have disappeared in the last few games although it's fair to say maybe today's pitch didn't suit him. As for Hylton he has been a massive disappointment, maybe JB can ship him out on loan to Brackley or Kettering - should they want him - as I said earlier I don't remember him touching the ball.

Magloire (for Sherring) and McWilliams must come straight back in as soon as they are fit and if Burge is going to be out for any length of time do we need a loan keeper? Maxted did nothing wrong today but then he wasn't tested.

In my opinion it's vital we keep Sammy but if we do sell him on (for big bucks only please) JB MUST be able to invest the money in replacements' and yes I know it's not easy in January.

Leonard is another we must keep.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2023, 17:24:09 pm »

[/tt]
Is that the rule? Doesn't watching on TV count, even though you have a better view and get to see incidents replayed? I got a text from a mate at the game straight after the disallowed goal asking me if it was offside and had I not seen the tackle again that should and would have seen the Salford player sent off if we had VAR, I wouldn't have realised how bad it was.

Rule? No, simply my choice!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2023, 19:36:18 pm »

What a shower of s***e that was. Luckily the missus has booked us in to Mana for some top scram to try and compensate. Hopefully the squid will get an outing when we get back to the hotel.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2023, 19:53:02 pm »

What a shower of s***e that was. Luckily the missus has booked us in to Mana for some top scram to try and compensate. Hopefully the squid will get an outing when we get back to the hotel.
I'm off to pour bleach in my ears  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2023, 20:28:37 pm »

Perhaps he is but the one thing which negates his comments is the form of players, that is continued good form. I expect you have noticed his predilection of making some  rather insensitive personal comments on players. Now we hear some of the players are specifically are over-weight, a claim which I found surprising.  So I checked with a Fitness Coach at a prominent Northampton School and he pointed to the evidence of recent results which belay the overweight claim.  Sowerby has always had a chunky build but he was sorely missed for the first half today, as for McGowan he has just recovered from a serious injury but even so did not appear overweight as to cause alarm. In fact he put in a gritty performance, not his best by all means. It's a pity by your own admittance  that you don't go to matches as your opinion might be useful on here? You are of course fully entitled to an opinion just consider to be ready to debate it! Join in 'Jims Teyn Coaches' and have a great day out at Stockport,
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: