The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:57:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Where will we finish?

Poll
Question: So then, over half way through the season, hand on heart, where do you think we'll finish?
Champions
Automatic
Play-offs
Miss out alltogether

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where will we finish?  (Read 6174 times)
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« on: January 23, 2023, 13:40:02 pm »

I'm going for play-offs but only just, 6th or 7th.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 13:48:05 pm »

All momentum has gone at this point and I think we will struggle to make the play offs. At the moment we are relying heavily on Hoskins continuing a career stat defying run that we have seen so far.

Report Spam   Logged

sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 14:03:29 pm »

Yes all about momentum & on current form we are down the bottom with Creepy Crawley.....mind you The O's are only a draw @ 1point better than us.

If ever we needed a filip of fresh blood and impetus in the Transfer Window....but we are having to be fed the line of existing players extending their stay.

Can't see any better than Play-offs , hope I am wrong .
We can claim we have been plagued with bad Refereeing decisions and injuries ( many clubs could probably say the same).
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 14:24:31 pm »

Third.

Impossible to predict because there are so many variables - for us and our opponents. It would appear that we are not going to buy our way to promotion so I'm relying on the lads to come good again. Perhaps we'll get a second wind. Those injuries need to heal. Perhaps we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat with a loan signing that works a treat.

Stevenage and Orient - First and second in either order.

Burnley and Sheffield United - promotion to the Premier a near certainty.

The loyalty the club and Brady in particular are owed by the re-signers deserves reward.

Get Pinnock back out on the left. McWilliams and Koiki could be key when they get back to full fitness. Hoskins to continue proving his doubters wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 15:10:12 pm »

Third.

Impossible to predict because there are so many variables - for us and our opponents. It would appear that we are not going to buy our way to promotion so I'm relying on the lads to come good again. Perhaps we'll get a second wind. Those injuries need to heal. Perhaps we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat with a loan signing that works a treat.

Stevenage and Orient - First and second in either order.

Burnley and Sheffield United - promotion to the Premier a near certainty.

The loyalty the club and Brady in particular are owed by the re-signers deserves reward.

Get Pinnock back out on the left. McWilliams and Koiki could be key when they get back to full fitness. Hoskins to continue proving his doubters wrong.

Agreed - at least it expresses hope and faith in current management and players. Some on here cannot even offer that basic supporter stance but merely use it as an excuse to criticize NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 15:21:31 pm »

If all our players were always fit then I would say we would be certain to finish in the top three. However we always seem to have three or four players injured at any time, with McWilliams, Magloire, Sowerby and Koiki being particularly injury prone. We also seem to have more than our fair share of illness.

In my opinion we need a couple of new players in this week, i.e. before the next game to give both the squad and the fans a boost. I don't mind personally if they are loans or permanent additions, and yes they have to be the right players but let's be honest there won't be any right players left if we dither too much longer.

The good news is it looks as if neither Leonard or Bowie will be recalled and we look like keeping Hoskins. Will Harrup ever get on the pitch?

It's play offs for me.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 15:22:14 pm »

Still hoping we can add a couple of improvements to the squad.
If we don't but the injuries clear up I reckon the existing squad can come good again for a 3rd place finish.UTC
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 15:23:07 pm »

I've said automatic but a few things need to come together much like they did last season.  If Eppiah can finally stay fit and have a run of form and we are surely due a bit of luck with injuries I think we have the quality in the squad with a couple of additions  The remaining fixtures aren't as bad as the ones we've just played.

Main thing for me though is that it feels like we are building something and we have a plan.  We are not in control of a lot of the things that could stop it from happening.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 15:25:21 pm »

Third
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 15:28:41 pm »

When I look at how we played against Bradford (without our top scorer) and out of the 9 points recently dropped even a minor switch of luck we could have picked up 6 points I would still be optimistic of an automatic spot but there are so many variables its impossible to predict but for the negative amongst us I would guarantee the teams in 4th to 9th position would happily trade their position for ours.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 15:37:16 pm »

3rd - as I cross my fingers.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 15:59:04 pm »

Third

Autos
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 16:02:52 pm »

3rd - as I cross my fingers.

That's the spirit, give in to all your superstitious traits!

And we shall know you by the smell of your lucky pants! Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 16:18:45 pm »

That's the spirit, give in to all your superstitious traits!

And we shall know you by the smell of your lucky pants! Wink Grin

You will, please don't sit too close  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 16:27:56 pm »

Champions, as we go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season starting with a convincing win at Barrow. See you all there Grin
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 16:28:06 pm »

We will just scrape play offs then its anyones guess
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 17:10:35 pm »

2nd
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 18:35:53 pm »

Autos, of all the teams I've seen this season we are the best, OK we have a few "off" games but we've been pretty good in most of the matches so far
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 19:09:46 pm »

I predict that on the final day of the season when the referee's whistle blows at about 14.30 we will end the season at Tranmere.

Given a little more luck on the injury front than we currently have and a couple of decent additions to the squad by the end of the month we can still finish in the top 3. If it takes 80 points to get 3rd place all of the teams below us are going to have to improve to reach that number of points. The teams immediately below us have 40-42 points from 25-26 games played meaning they need another 38-40 points from their remaining 20-21 games so almost double the points they have now from 5-6 games less than they have already played.
Report Spam   Logged
goodluck2

View Profile
Search Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2023, 23:26:18 pm »

Top 3, for Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: