The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 01:44:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Supporters Trust withdraws bid for ACV Land at Sixfields

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supporters Trust withdraws bid for ACV Land at Sixfields  (Read 12888 times)
MCHammer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2023, 23:00:06 pm »

Personally, I'd say no. From a practical perspective all the admin is in place for the current organisation and doing all that again would be pretty wasteful. Plus they hold all the membership details and you wouldn't want to start from scratch there. 

On top of all that, there is genuine history there with them being the very first supporters trust, and that really should be something we can be proud of. The problem isn't the organisation, it's the people running it.

I agree completely.

I'm astounded by the reaction of the Board members who even now still seem to feel like they have done nothing wrong.  That in itself tells you all you need to know about them and why they, not the organisation, are not fit for purpose.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2023, 23:34:19 pm »

I hope they hang their heads in shame. Just please go for it Tom. Give us as members and supporters a real supporters Trust.

FFS. How embarrassed, SHOULD they feel.

I would genuinely love to post something more erudite. Something more eloquent. But I have fought this shít for years now. Hopefully this is the end of them.

GIVE US BACK OUR TRUST
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 23:38:05 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2023, 05:32:08 am »

My ten friends and I have all supported OUR club for over 50 years, all attended the meeting at the Exeter rooms, all have financially supported the club in a small way, all have not got involved in the microscopic discussions on the redevelopment but! passionately want the East Stand built NOW.

All we ask is for OUR trust to be democratic and allow ALL the membership to decide the future direction of the organisation and not by 6 people in a bunker!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2023, 06:11:04 am »

The thing I find most bizarre is that The Random1 and his mates can tell us all KTs plans and what him and Dave will / wont do.

But cant / wont even explain their own plans.

Is it any wonder its ended up like this.

I dont know any of them but on the basis some long serving and loyal NTFC employees who work with KT on a daily basis do then thats good enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2023, 07:00:44 am »

This is a disgrace I've said it before the trust isn't fit for purpose shame we as a fan base can't decide to disband them
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2023, 07:20:51 am »

It is easy to be critical and fire shots from a distance at people that are only trying to act in the interest of the club ….
However , the Trust are not representative of the supporters in general and fail to act in a democratic manner . The whole thing needs restructuring and repackaging .
As for this sorry episode , i am afraid it’s amateurish and deceitful at best . The committee on the vicar of dibley comes to mind .
My worry is what happens to the club when the board get their planning permission , a token stand is built to keep everyone quiet and then , once the money is made they lose interest and no one wants to buy it because no investment is associated with it .
I don’t blame the board for making money out the land and i don’t blame the council for not particularly supporting the club . But where does that leave my football club ?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2023, 07:22:49 am »

This is a disgrace I've said it before the trust isn't fit for purpose shame we as a fan base can't decide to disband them
You can decide to get rid of the people that run it though. Democratically.

I'm surprised some people seem to just want to cast the Trust off entirely and disband it, as if the previous groundbreaking work the Trust has done is now irrelevant.

It's only finished if people have a stubborn attitude towards it. Eventually it will have new board members/leadership ect and people have to be willing to allow that board a clean slate.

AGM is on February 23, and people can stand for the board and hold elections then. Or someone can call an EGM specifically on this issue.
Report Spam   Logged
Wakey Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2023, 07:41:46 am »

Agree with Fez. We will need a fully functioning Trust.

If the JR goes the way Cilldara thinks it will, the club is going to be in a very precarious position. The owners might just upsticks and leave and if they do, we are seriously looking at the end. I'm not sure I'd be happy with watching AFC Northampton due to the actions of some. When the dust settles, the whole thing needs looking at, including how so few could make so many decisions on behalf of the supporter base.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2023, 07:55:32 am »

The JR isn't going to award the land to Cilldara. If it goes against the council they have to re run the process. Unless Cilldara come in with an obscene amount of money compared to what KT and DB are willing to pay, the club owning the land and it being for the benefit of the club and community (despite what some people think) will still win out over a purely one off financial injection.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2023, 08:02:22 am »

The thing I find most bizarre is that The Random1 and his mates can tell us all KTs plans and what him and Dave will / wont do.

But cant / wont even explain their own plans.

Is it any wonder its ended up like this.

I dont know any of them but on the basis some long serving and loyal NTFC employees who work with KT on a daily basis do then thats good enough for me.

They've consistently berated KTs lack of communication, unwillingness to listen/engage with the fanbase and inability to get a job done. How ironic.
All the trust have done for me now is to completely understand why the club want nothing to do with them. We need a more forward thinking board who are able to re-engage with the club and work towards a common goal.
KT/DB do not want to fail, they don't want to see the club collapse... but of course they want to have a financially viable business, and a football club in it's own right is never going to be that - anyone thinking otherwise is deluded. That will be that same for any owner and looking around the league at the moment, the trust and their supporters need to be careful for what they wish for. The club needs sustainability and a foundation to build on, not a new owner on a vanity or passion project.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2023, 08:25:12 am »

You can decide to get rid of the people that run it though. Democratically.

I'm surprised some people seem to just want to cast the Trust off entirely and disband it, as if the previous groundbreaking work the Trust has done is now irrelevant.

It's only finished if people have a stubborn attitude towards it. Eventually it will have new board members/leadership ect and people have to be willing to allow that board a clean slate.

AGM is on February 23, and people can stand for the board and hold elections then. Or someone can call an EGM specifically on this issue.

Fez, it is very hard to be constructive, when the only line that fits is “I/we told you so”. There has been so many attempts to head something like this off at the pass over the last few years, that it is nigh on impossible to put this down to a mere misguided accident. I hold no malice towards the main body of the Trust. But it has been clear to all that they have been the obvious recipients of crass and inappropriate advice. You’ve got to know what you are taking on. And there was a wealth of knowledge discarded in order to reach this end.

Nobody in their right mind wants to see the Trust disbanded. But it should not need a standard AGM and in fighting to correct this. Any of the current board who stand for re-election need to examine very closely their motivation for doing so. Not because they are not genuine supporters. Or because they meant any malice. Although I do question some of boards members, and hangers on motivation. But they should stand down for a new board to be assembled, one that the club can’t point a finger out for anything. Have a fresh vote on some key policies. Start inviting representatives from the club to meetings. Forging a new start.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 08:28:20 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2023, 08:37:40 am »

It is easy to be critical and fire shots from a distance at people that are only trying to act in the interest of the club ….
However , the Trust are not representative of the supporters in general and fail to act in a democratic manner . The whole thing needs restructuring and repackaging .
As for this sorry episode , i am afraid it’s amateurish and deceitful at best . The committee on the vicar of dibley comes to mind .
My worry is what happens to the club when the board get their planning permission , a token stand is built to keep everyone quiet and then , once the money is made they lose interest and no one wants to buy it because no investment is associated with it .
I don’t blame the board for making money out the land and i don’t blame the council for not particularly supporting the club . But where does that leave my football club ?

But you always allude that there is no money available on the playing side. I thought you’d welcome a change.
I wouldn’t worry, life’s too short.

I’d rather the owners get every penny and disappear (if that transpires) then that rag tag bunch of renegades trying to play Monopoly. If they are that well regarded and connected I’m sure they’ll be a queue of new potential owners.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2023, 08:39:59 am »

Fez, it is very hard to be constructive, when the only line that fits is “I/we told you so”. There has been so many attempts to head something like this off at the pass over the last few years, that it is nigh on impossible to put this down to a mere misguided accident. I hold no malice towards the main body of the Trust. But it has been clear to all that they have been the obvious recipients of crass and inappropriate advice. You’ve got to know what you are taking on. And there was a wealth of knowledge discarded in order to reach this end.

Nobody in their right mind wants to see the Trust disbanded. But it should not need a standard AGM and in fighting to correct this. Any of the current board who stand for re-election need to examine very closely their motivation for doing so. Not because they are not genuine supporters. Or because they meant any malice. Although I do question some of boards members, and hangers on motivation. But they should stand down for a new board to be assembled, one that the club can’t point a finger out for anything. Have a fresh vote on some key policies. Start inviting representatives from the club to meetings. Forging a new start.

I think the current board need to stand down as a group, what they have done to the faith in an organisation badly needed at this level of football, be it misguided or not is beyond excusable. Yes many people are not keen on the way KT and DB do business but to totally alienate them because you feel that they are not doing what you want as quickly as you want is not the best way forward for the fans or the club. The main aim of the trust should be to support and progress the views of the supporters to the benefit of the club, to attack, constantly the owners for not building a stand so much that you will get into bed with their challengers for the land smacks of childishness. We need a trust board that can reengage with KT. If we took the situation of the stand and the land out of the equation it appears that KT's ideas are beginning to move the club forward on the field. We have some good long term signings, management team for the first time in a long time look to be here for the long haul and it looks quite positive. If we can have a trust board that can work with the club, maybe we can get the stand and some other things moving forward. At least if we have a board that can engage with the club if KT and DB decide to go without building the stand , then at least we may be in a position to help broker a good deal for a new owner with them.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2023, 17:09:35 pm »

Not really sure much of this was relevant to what I was posting to be honest mate. I was merely addressing the people who think that the Trust should be disbanded in its entirety and pointing out that there's a route towards achieving a new Trust and new vision within the existing parameters, rather than just discarding the whole thing because one version of it has proved unsatisfactory to a number of fans.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2023, 17:35:54 pm »

Not really sure much of this was relevant to what I was posting to be honest mate. I was merely addressing the people who think that the Trust should be disbanded in its entirety and pointing out that there's a route towards achieving a new Trust and new vision within the existing parameters, rather than just discarding the whole thing because one version of it has proved unsatisfactory to a number of fans.
 of the Club

The trust should be regarded as trustees of the Club, in times of crisis they are our fall back to sustain and rally supporters. Folly to do away with the Trust. Clearly at the moment it needs new blood so roll on the upcoming AGM.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2023, 18:49:31 pm »

It’s completely relevant. I don’t agree that waiting for an AGM is appropriate. Unless of course the board intends to do the decent thing and walk away.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2023, 18:57:30 pm »

EGM
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2023, 19:05:13 pm »

EGM
I think you will find the it would be quicker with the AGM on 23rd Feb than calling an EGM
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2023, 19:28:41 pm »

AGM
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2023, 19:54:14 pm »

It’s completely relevant. I don’t agree that waiting for an AGM is appropriate. Unless of course the board intends to do the decent thing and walk away.
Where in my original post did I state that the AGM was the more appropriate way to deal with the matter?  Huh?

I posted, factually, that there are two different ways it can be done.

You seem to be arguing against an opinion I haven't even expressed yet  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: