The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:55:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Supporters Trust withdraws bid for ACV Land at Sixfields

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supporters Trust withdraws bid for ACV Land at Sixfields  (Read 12601 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2023, 10:51:14 am »

Or peddling the same twaddle year on year on year, eh? Grin
8 years to be precise, the same time it's taken your friend's CDNL to achieve absolutely nothing..

So I'll continue until our club gets its fair share and not be taken the pi5s out off.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2023, 17:00:16 pm »

8 years to be precise, the same time it's taken your friend's CDNL to achieve absolutely nothing..

So I'll continue until our club gets its fair share and not be taken the pi5s out off.
Keep going Beds, your spot on with your last statement.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2023, 19:05:16 pm »

Keep going Beds, your spot on with your last statement.

This is why I did opt to stand for the fans vote. To apply some pressure after years of undelivered promises.

I guess my questions at do this point:

The trust withdrawing their bid was unquestionably big news for the club. Why haven’t we had any comment from them about the subject?
If there’s no longer opposition for them, what’s the next steps?
What does this do to deadlines?
What are the deadlines?
When will we finally see some actual works on the abyss that is the East Stand?

It’s time that we heard some concrete details as the supporters have been ridiculously patient. Let’s see some results.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2023, 20:04:49 pm »

This is why I did opt to stand for the fans vote. To apply some pressure after years of undelivered promises.

The trust withdrawing their bid was unquestionably big news for the club. Why haven’t we had any comment from them about the subject?
What are the deadlines?

It’s time that we heard some concrete details as the supporters have been ridiculously patient. Let’s see some results.
I think this is something that will take care of itself. When the final legals are drawn up the council have stipulated that the completion will be included, and the owners have concurred. I would imagine they want their money as soon as possible, so I don’t think they’ll be any hanging around once all the barriers have gone. Where there is no difference between any of us is that there should be a chunk in it for the club, however it is spent. In the event they were to renegade on this pledge that would be a very brave move on the part of the council, it would probably unify us all PDQ. Moving forward what the Trust need to do is to get broad agreement on what is a reasonable share, and what constitutes value for money when it is spent. That’s from its members and everyone else.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
random1

View Profile
Search Level 3 Mobile User
« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2023, 20:36:19 pm »

I think this is something that will take care of itself. When the final legals are drawn up the council have stipulated that the completion will be included, and the owners have concurred. I would imagine they want their money as soon as possible, so I don’t think they’ll be any hanging around once all the barriers have gone. Where there is no difference between any of us is that there should be a chunk in it for the club, however it is spent. In the event they were to renegade on this pledge that would be a very brave move on the part of the council, it would probably unify us all PDQ. Moving forward what the Trust need to do is to get broad agreement on what is a reasonable share, and what constitutes value for money when it is spent. That’s from its members and everyone else.

my vote is all the running track and either a completed East stand or £2.5m fund for ground improvements (ie: North & South stands increase and cladding to tart up the East stand)
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 09, 2023, 21:00:22 pm »

my vote is all the running track and either a completed East stand or £2.5m fund for ground improvements (ie: North & South stands increase and cladding to tart up the East stand)
I think the figure is dependent on what the final return is Derek. I reckon 2.5 million would be excessive if they made 3 million. However I think we would all cop the arse with that figure if they made 40 million. With regards to the design what I would do is speak to as many Trusts and clubs as possible who have recently gone through improvements to the ground. What ideas regarding the designs worked and what didn’t, both in terms of experience and attendance.  As I have tried to allude to, if this is a legacy for the club, how do you identify and subsequently protect both the asset and income from any future investor owner profits? I suppose the message is when you are specifying acceptable conditions or standards don’t fly blind.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 09, 2023, 22:07:31 pm »

What are the deadlines?

Some good points made Dan, but my concern being
the East stand was to be finished 8 years ago, the fact Thomas hasn't bothered his arse to do as he suggested doesn't mean our club has been mothballed but infact has moved on to now needing an extending to the south stand.
Thomas has caused major problems to our clubs ability to progress,  costing us both our ability to trade correctly and our L1 position and such needs holding to account.
If he can't finish both the East and extend the South stand he needs removing from our club.
CDNL'S unbelievable brass neck  pi5s taking of our club, and its support base,  council and the whole town of Northampton has run it's course.
Yes he did really well 'grooming' the 2% of the paltry 2% that now bother following Northampton town, to believing he is the only option but now even these poor souls that succumbed to his greasy charms are now waking up and questioning the bleeding obvious.

WNC need pressure putting on them, they seem to backing cdnl over the future well being of Northampton's football club,   they are supposed to represent, so some  urgent educating of their ignorance is long over due..

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 22:09:29 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 09, 2023, 23:38:57 pm »

Some good points made Dan, but my concern being
the East stand was to be finished 8 years ago, the fact Thomas hasn't bothered his arse to do as he suggested doesn't mean our club has been mothballed but infact has moved on to now needing an extending to the south stand.
Thomas has caused major problems to our clubs ability to progress,  costing us both our ability to trade correctly and our L1 position and such needs holding to account.
If he can't finish both the East and extend the South stand he needs removing from our club.
CDNL'S unbelievable brass neck  pi5s taking of our club, and its support base,  council and the whole town of Northampton has run it's course.
Yes he did really well 'grooming' the 2% of the paltry 2% that now bother following Northampton town, to believing he is the only option but now even these poor souls that succumbed to his greasy charms are now waking up and questioning the bleeding obvious.

WNC need pressure putting on them, they seem to backing cdnl over the future well being of Northampton's football club,   they are supposed to represent, so some  urgent educating of their ignorance is long over due..

I think you’ll find the confrontational and aggressive approach is proven not to work and has failed spectacularly to date.
Report Spam   Logged

Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2023, 04:36:32 am »

What are the deadlines?

I am not expecting any comment from the club until the announcement of the Judicial Review, hopefully at the end of next month. My concern is if the Judge is as slow as the CPS it is anybody's guess when we will hear!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2023, 06:11:33 am »

I think you’ll find the confrontational and aggressive approach is proven not to work and has failed spectacularly to date.
I think you'll find it has been uncharacteristically missing from what is a football league club and community asset that has been mothballed for 2 decades.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2023, 06:23:30 am »

So you're advocating a wait and see policy as to how an agreement between a seemingly clueless WNC and an ever increasing desperate CDNL, as to the final outcome of what Northampton Town will get from the £20m land carve up?

We both know that's the last thing our club needs.

We should demand of the council what it is our club needs (Not what the owners think/hope they can get away with) and WNC enforce cdnl to oblige under the terms..

With all the in house fighting between those who we need to figh for a good deal for ntfc, its making it very easy for the land speculators cdnl to rip the ar5e out of Sixfields.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 06:37:30 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2023, 06:30:40 am »

I am not expecting any comment from the club until the announcement of the Judicial Review, hopefully at the end of next month. My concern is if the Judge is as slow as the CPS it is anybody's guess when we will hear!
With the Cobblers future at stake depending on getting a fair deal, it's better for it to drag out so Northampton and its football club get the maximum benefit from its fair share of council land at Sixfields.
Decisions made by those ignorant to the clubs needs and those desperate for a massive windfall  can only result in the Cobblers losing out spectacularly again.

At this late stage trust no-one and ask questions and demand a fair deal which is a lot more than a few boxes cobbled in the East stand pretending to £6m worth of work..
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2023, 07:25:18 am »

So you're advocating a wait and see policy as to how an agreement between a seemingly clueless WNC and an ever increasing desperate CDNL, as to the final outcome of what Northampton Town will get from the £20m land carve up?

We both know that's the last thing our club needs.

We should demand of the council what it is our club needs (Not what the owners think/hope they can get away with) and WNC enforce cdnl to oblige under the terms..

With all the in house fighting between those who we need to figh for a good deal for ntfc, its making it very easy for the land speculators cdnl to rip the ar5e out of Sixfields.

Again if the Trust with their protestations and efforts have got nowhere what makes your foot stamping petulance a more viable option? Are you suggesting the Board were a bit feeble and you throwing a tantrum and repeating the same demands are more likely to succeed. What makes you think you’ll be successful with your ultimatums where the board failed? Sounds to me like you’re proposing to do a lot of shouting and fighting in an empty room, whilst they ignore you and carry on with what they’re doing. Pretty much like what’s happened so far. Brilliant, and you wonder why people take this píss, brains of a rocking horse.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3571

« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2023, 08:13:27 am »

I think you'll find it has been uncharacteristically missing from what is a football league club and community asset that has been mothballed for 2 decades.

Meant with good intentions but I genuinely believe the Trust and people who share the same opinion as yourself would be much more successful if you recognised some of the positive things that the club do. The work that the club have done for a very very long time in the community should be recognised and this, in my opinion, has accelerated in the last 3-4 years, as has been demonstrated by the various awards.
There is a lot that you can rightly hold the owners to account for but by dismissing everything you lose credibility. Acknowledge the good, challenge the bad and you will get many more fans on side I am sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2023, 08:46:38 am »

With the Cobblers future at stake depending on getting a fair deal, it's better for it to drag out so Northampton and its football club get the maximum benefit from its fair share of council land at Sixfields.
Decisions made by those ignorant to the clubs needs and those desperate for a massive windfall  can only result in the Cobblers losing out spectacularly again.

At this late stage trust no-one and ask questions and demand a fair deal which is a lot more than a few boxes cobbled in the East stand pretending to £6m worth of work..
'it's better for it to drag out'!!!!!

Bl***y hell I'm years  nearer my death bed already!

All I ask is people we pay, with tax payers money, to make a decision!
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2023, 09:16:34 am »

How about half the running track (as per the clubs current plans) and a cast iron legal guarantee that the stand will be built and there is no scenario in which CDNL/the owners walk away with money, whilst the stand is unfinished and NTFC has to hand back the running track to the council for £1? All of this achieved by having independent legal eyes on the contract as it's drawn up.

Come to think of it, with the warehouses currently planned over half of the ACV land, how would the clawback clause even work if (in 5 years time) the warehouses are built, but the stand is not finished?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2023, 09:57:18 am »

Again if the Trust with their protestations and efforts have got nowhere what makes your foot stamping petulance a more viable option? Are you suggesting the Board were a bit feeble and you throwing a tantrum and repeating the same demands are more likely to succeed. What makes you think you’ll be successful with your ultimatums where the board failed? Sounds to me like you’re proposing to do a lot of shouting and fighting in an empty room, whilst they ignore you and carry on with what they’re doing. Pretty much like what’s happened so far. Brilliant, and you wonder why people take this píss, brains of a rocking horse.
I could always copy and paste from Deloitte's like you,  but that is even more desperate  😉
There's no point in venting after the event,  Yes it looks very like the cobblers are getting a good shafting again, but while there's a glimmer of hope we must go for it.

I'm in Sydney in a few weeks, you should get the bus over, we could meet up for a few pints at a witherspoons on the  high St?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2023, 10:19:34 am »

A number of conversations going between the two, all relevant to the RedDev, let's get back there shall we?  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: