The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:17:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Supporters Trust withdraws bid for ACV Land at Sixfields

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supporters Trust withdraws bid for ACV Land at Sixfields  (Read 12603 times)
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2023, 18:18:11 pm »

I don’t trust the trust.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2023, 18:21:14 pm »

Oh and the other thing.  They were so completely uninspired by warehouses they did a deal with a company that will do exactly that if they get the land!

Oh and don't forget they did a deal with Cilldara that gave them first refusal on buying the ACV land should they ever decide to do so!!!!

And people criticise ME for challenging them so strongly over the last few years when THIS is the sort of thing they have been up to.

Our owners are far from perfect and need to be challenged but the ones doing it should have been better than this and that's all I've ever asked.
Report Spam   Logged
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2023, 18:26:23 pm »

Well they need to explain themselves. As it stands they are no better than Cardoza and the crooks who stole the clubs expansion dream 10 years ago. The trust have danced with the devil and sold the club out. I'm utterly disgusted by those on the trust board. RESIGN. All of you and explain why you thought partnering with Cilldara was remotely a good idea!
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2023, 18:27:19 pm »

No one is surprised. It took Cilldara (or associated entity)
to confirm it though, so much for confidentiality.  Tongue
We all prefer land grabbers with the clubs interests at heart.
You forget how thick skinned these Trustites are. They’ll come out swinging with the same old rhetoric, with Tony Clarke defending their honour on FB.
And on here..  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2023, 18:35:41 pm »

Saw it summed up well on Twitter, a small number of trust members had their heads turned about fan owned football clubs by a few hipsters and have lost any sense of what they should be there for.
Report Spam   Logged
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2023, 18:40:32 pm »

Saw it summed up well on Twitter, a small number of trust members had their heads turned about fan owned football clubs by a few hipsters and have lost any sense of what they should be there for.

Basically they were waaaay out of their depth. Minnows swimming in a Shark tank!
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
Tiki-Taka

View Profile
Mobile User Level 5 Combination
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2023, 18:53:10 pm »

Time for them to go.

If the Trust Board don’t resign tonight how do Trust members bring forward the vote on Board membership? Or do we have to wait for the current Board to arrange the vote?

Cheers in advance for the answers!
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2023, 19:02:22 pm »

Two Words ...... RESIGN
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2023, 19:04:52 pm »

Two Words ...... RESIGN

What’s the second?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2023, 19:05:29 pm »

For anyone interested:

https://www.notmytrust.com/email-trust

We have called for the trust board to resign, and should that not happen we will move forward with an EGM to press the issue.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3548

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2023, 19:08:29 pm »

Well done Tom, the trust legal advisor has started his threatening rhetoric on FB, and the recipient is refusing to back down.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2023, 19:11:16 pm »

For anyone interested:

https://www.notmytrust.com/email-trust

We have called for the trust board to resign, and should that not happen we will move forward with an EGM to press the issue.
You reported a while back, that apart from the nine mentioned, other people would be willing to stand and be named. Is now a good time, or too early?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2023, 19:12:08 pm »

What’s the second?  Grin

RESIGN
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2023, 19:15:17 pm »

And we got slaughtered for suggesting, for them, it was anyone but the current owners.

That’s exactly what the motive was and I had that confirmed to me some time ago - so ill thought out it’s embarrassing. I don’t doubt the intentions were to do what was best for the club but I strongly believe the strategy was led by a very small minority within the trust hierarchy - the majority, good people with good intentions had neither the business expertise, time or strength to counter this approach.

I guess moving forward the fundemental question is, has this affair damaged the club - certainly it won’t affect the JD - but if that finds against WNC then I think significant damage has been done - so much s***e thrown at the current owners with a huge and relentless campaign suggestion that they were doing nothing for the benefit of the football club or community why should they be looked on any more favourably than Cilldara, who it is now clear will also do nothing for the club or community - paradoxically the Trust may be instrumental in the end of our club.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2023, 19:20:26 pm »

paradoxically the Trust may be instrumental in the end of our club.

I've been saying this for ages and getting dismissed as a Trust basher.

They need to go.

Now.

They have caused enough damage.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2023, 19:24:21 pm »

Phew at least I’m off the hook.
Seriously though not the brightest move to involve Cilldara.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2023, 19:41:10 pm »

Phew at least I’m off the hook.
Seriously though not the brightest move to involve Cilldara.

To give the Trust a tiny bit of credit when they finally realised the truth that their partner was only in it for themselves (which anyone with an iota of business savvy could have told them months ago) at least they did the decent thing and stopped flogging a dead horse.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2023, 19:45:00 pm »

Should new Board members be elected I would like to now officially apply for the position of advisor to the board.

My first advice is going to be to make the position redundant. Then put restrictions in place to ensure that never again does an unelected individual such as myself have so much apparent influence and control regarding the decision making process of the board.

Do I get the job?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2023, 19:50:33 pm »

Should new Board members be elected I would like to now officially apply for the position of advisor to the board.

My first advice is going to be to make the position redundant. Then put restrictions in place to ensure that never again does an unelected individual such as myself have so much apparent influence and control regarding the decision making process of the board.

Do I get the job?

Sounds sensible. Now, shall I get your coat, or will you collect it on the way out?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2023, 19:51:35 pm »

My take on all of this is fairly simple.

What an utter s***show.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: