The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 19:50:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Season Ticket next season

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Season Ticket next season  (Read 7835 times)
itsme

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« on: March 13, 2023, 08:17:33 am »

We can't be far off a announcement of season tickers for next season.

As we all know everything has gone up do the club stick qith current prices as fans are paying more for everything or will they have to put prices up as the cost of running the club must have increased no end as well
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3571

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 08:30:10 am »

Put the prices up but offer different options to suit different needs.
10 game tickets for example, or better discounts on family tickets etc.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 09:58:56 am »

Put the prices up but offer different options to suit different needs.
10 game tickets for example, or better discounts on family tickets etc.

How would you administer a 10 game ticket Stan? Are you thinking a flexible option where you can pick and choose the 10 games to attend or are you thinking a block of consecutive home games?

If it's the former, I think this would be great for the ticket buyer but could be a bit of a nightmare for the club to administer for in-demand games. Ticket buyers would generally be more inclined to pick the more in demand games and the club would have to carefully manage priority windows for ticket sales.

If it's the latter, I think the club pretty much do this with the half season ticket at xmas. But maybe a half season ticket up to xmas would be a good option?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 10:11:31 am »

But maybe a half season ticket up to xmas would be a good option?

I suspect they'd be reluctant to do that as it ties up a seat for half a season and prevents it being sold for the full season to someone else. That's not a problem when they do one for the second half of the season.

This one is a tricky line for the club to tread. People are feeling the pinch so a price increase in what is ultimately a luxury item might lead to a drop in sales. That said,  the club's costs must have shot up like everyone else's so if we're going to remain competitive then either ticket prices will have to increase or the owners will have to dig deeper.

Personally, I think a small price increase is the right decision given how long it has been since they last went up, but I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make that decision!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3571

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 10:12:55 am »

How would you administer a 10 game ticket Stan? Are you thinking a flexible option where you can pick and choose the 10 games to attend or are you thinking a block of consecutive home games?

If it's the former, I think this would be great for the ticket buyer but could be a bit of a nightmare for the club to administer for in-demand games. Ticket buyers would generally be more inclined to pick the more in demand games and the club would have to carefully manage priority windows for ticket sales.

If it's the latter, I think the club pretty much do this with the half season ticket at xmas. But maybe a half season ticket up to xmas would be a good option?
Could do either / both. First come first served or release games a day earlier for block ticket holders. I know a few clubs have done similar, including the club along the nene, so it can be done.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 10:40:45 am »

I suspect they'd be reluctant to do that as it ties up a seat for half a season and prevents it being sold for the full season to someone else. That's not a problem when they do one for the second half of the season.

This one is a tricky line for the club to tread. People are feeling the pinch so a price increase in what is ultimately a luxury item might lead to a drop in sales. That said,  the club's costs must have shot up like everyone else's so if we're going to remain competitive then either ticket prices will have to increase or the owners will have to dig deeper.

Personally, I think a small price increase is the right decision given how long it has been since they last went up, but I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make that decision!

That's a fair point regarding the 'taking up a seat'. Season ticket seats are in short supply in the West stand upper, so maybe they could offer the half tickets in the other areas only? If I was the club though, I would hoping/looking to entice the first half season ticket holder to take up the second half season ticket in their own seat anyway.

Early renewal in the west stand upper is £380 in recent years. I am fully expecting at least £400 this year.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 11:13:20 am »

That's a fair point regarding the 'taking up a seat'. Season ticket seats are in short supply in the West stand upper, so maybe they could offer the half tickets in the other areas only? If I was the club though, I would hoping/looking to entice the first half season ticket holder to take up the second half season ticket in their own seat anyway.

Early renewal in the west stand upper is £380 in recent years. I am fully expecting at least £400 this year.

They could sell the seats that are left empty every week in the middle of the West Stand Upper.

Problem  with selling a half season ticket for the first half of the season is that many full season ticket holders may switch to this, and if the season is going nowhere not bother to renew for the second half  I think the club risk to lose more than they gain.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 11:32:45 am »

Two thoughts;

1. The club's Financial Statements to June 30th 2022 have to be published by the end of March - not long now. We'll see how the club is doing.

2. My view. The club would be absolutely MAD to increase season ticket prices and ruin their relationship with loyal fans guaranteeing them a substantial bedrock of advance income every season. It's not as if there is excess demand for tickets (like, say, Arsenal) except for very few games. Season ticket prices are already a not insignificant sum to find for many.

A BIG THOUGHT;

Kelvin and David want your support for their end game - selling the club and moving on at a profit. They won't want the supporter base turning against them.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 11:33:51 am »

They could sell the seats that are left empty every week in the middle of the West Stand Upper.

Problem  with selling a half season ticket for the first half of the season is that many full season ticket holders may switch to this, and if the season is going nowhere not bother to renew for the second half  I think the club risk to lose more than they gain.

Good point, I hadn't considered those current season ticket holders that might 'downgrade' to a first half ticket. It is a risk but I guess the incentive would be to have a heavier discount (on a cost per game basis) for the full season tickets. Just like they do with the early renewal prices.

I know the club have used Zebra finance in the past for a pay monthly option, but I really like what Wycombe do with their 'subscription'. It looks from the outside, like the relationship is then between the club and the fan, with no middle party. Although I must admit, I don't know how the backend of that arrangement Is working, especially in cases of non payment etc.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 11:38:23 am »

Two thoughts;

1. The club's Financial Statements to June 30th 2022 have to be published by the end of March - not long now. We'll see how the club is doing.

2. My view. The club would be absolutely MAD to increase season ticket prices and ruin their relationship with loyal fans guaranteeing them a substantial bedrock of advance income every season. It's not as if there is excess demand for tickets (like, say, Arsenal) except for very few games. Season ticket prices are already a not insignificant sum to find for many.

A BIG THOUGHT;

Kelvin and David want your support for their end game - selling the club and moving on at a profit. They won't want the supporter base turning against them.

Here are a couple more thoughts:

- Early renewal prices have been frozen for a decade
 - Inflation is currently double digits or very close to it

Do you think that virgin media, Sky, the phone providers, energy providers and supermarkets are all MAD to increase prices for their loyal customers? The fact is, there will be very significant upward pressure on season ticket prices this year, regardless of what you think of the owners and their plans.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 12:00:36 pm »

As a senior my season ticket costs £280  per season which works out at £12.17 per game for a seat at the back of the West Stand which represents excellent value. Yes I know the football isn't necessarily great but it's L2  so it is what it is. If they wish to increase the cost by say 10% bearing in mind it hasn't increased for years I wont personally complain.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 12:08:23 pm »

Do you think that virgin media, Sky, the phone providers, energy providers and supermarkets are all MAD to increase prices for their loyal customers? The fact is, there will be very significant upward pressure on season ticket prices this year, regardless of what you think of the owners and their plans.

NOW TV have just told me that they are freezing my monthly charge (£19.99) for an additional 6 months without me threatening to leave them (though they may have spotted that I'm one of those who always cancels if £34.99 per month is coming up at next DD). I'd say Energy is different because we have to use it (it's not a luxury at a basic level) and we are all buying from a much more restricted supply (though the wholesale price has dropped dramatically recently and the Tory Government are about to freeze (subsidise) prices for another 3 months (next Winter might be a challenge)).

Hopefully there is now a massive downward pressure on those absurdly generous pay packages for media pundits, presenters etc saying the same thing, making the same buddy buddy jokes week after week after week.

PS Don't forget the additional income streams lower league clubs have access to these days - mostly media organisations but also the FA, EFL etc keen to maintain the status quo in an industry that is awash with money because of it's inherent success - here and overseas.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 12:15:51 pm »

NOW TV have just told me that they are freezing my monthly charge (£19.99) for an additional 6 months without me threatening to leave them (though they may have spotted that I'm one of those who always cancels if £34.99 per month is coming up at next DD). I'd say Energy is different because we have to use it (it's not a luxury at a basic level) and we are all buying from a much more restricted supply (though the wholesale price has dropped dramatically recently and the Tory Government are about to freeze (subsidise) prices for another 3 months (next Winter might be a challenge)).

Hopefully there is now a massive downward pressure on those absurdly generous pay packages for media pundits, presenters etc saying the same thing, making the same buddy buddy jokes week after week after week.

PS Don't forget the additional income streams lower league clubs have access to these days - mostly media organisations but also the FA, EFL etc keen to maintain the status quo in an industry that is awash with money because of it's inherent success - here and overseas.

- Does the club also have to use energy at the massively inflated prices vs previous years? How do you propose it should cover those costs?
 - Have the additional revenue streams increased at a pace that keeps with general inflation or the increased energy prices?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 12:18:17 pm »

Would suit me!
Also a block of 10 Home Games - surely the Club would accept a simple block of 10 consecutive Home games with no Cherry Picking!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 12:26:16 pm »

It’s a toughie for the club. No doubt their running costs have increased significantly. It’s a question of how much can you pass on before the loss of business outweighs the rise.
There a lot of businesses wrestling with that one at the moment.

It’d help if we were flying with bums off seats football every week.
A rise of some kind has to be expected at most clubs.
Not sure if they already do 0% finance, that always attracts some customers and makes it more attractive/affordable.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2023, 12:35:04 pm »

To put things into perspective, I bought 2 lower grade hospitality tickets for the Saints last game for £230, which ironically is nearly as much as my Seniors season ticket in the upper West Stand.(23 matches!)

Therefore I have no problem in a price increase for next season.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2023, 13:14:09 pm »

I've asked Tom Cliffe. I'll let you know.
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2023, 13:30:52 pm »

It's a interesting debate

I work some Saturdays so can never guarantee how many home games I'm going to so if the price goes up to much it becomes cheaper to buy game by game basis

For example this season I've not been to enough games to cover the cost of my season ticket but don't mind
To much if costs went up to much I probably would look again
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2023, 13:52:19 pm »

Some context;

Central Bedfordshire Council Tax Bill for 23/24 just popped through mailbox;

1% increase overall and only with regard to the Police & Crime Commissioners charge (up 6.3%) and Fire & Rescue Service (up 4.8%). All other categories frozen.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2023, 14:10:53 pm »

Some context;

Central Bedfordshire Council Tax Bill for 23/24 just popped through mailbox;

1% increase overall and only with regard to the Police & Crime Commissioners charge (up 6.3%) and Fire & Rescue Service (up 4.8%). All other categories frozen.

…but you have to live in Bedfordshire, swings and roundabouts  Tongue

Many are seeing the max 5%. The green bin has gone up 30%. Bring back bonfires 🔥
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: