The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 07:31:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Failed Cobblers managers!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Cobblers managers!  (Read 2161 times)
Athena

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2023, 12:27:17 pm »

I watch a lot of National League football (and have done for many years) and have been lucky enough to see Wrexham live 4 times this season.  I will state that in my humble opinion they are by far the best side outside the EFL I've ever seen.  I seriously believe they will be a Championship side within two seasons.  I expect them to walk Division Two next year and more than likely go straight through Division One the following season as well.  Just to add a little more doubt onto our chances next year should we stay in our current league I think that Notts Co. are not very far behind Wrexham (seen Notts Co twice this season) and although I think they might have to go through the play-offs they will be a major force in Div 2 next season as well.  I add that I'm not a Wrexham supporter nor have any Welsh connections - just stating what I've witnessed and conclusions arrived at.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2023, 13:52:48 pm »

I watch a lot of National League football (and have done for many years) and have been lucky enough to see Wrexham live 4 times this season.  I will state that in my humble opinion they are by far the best side outside the EFL I've ever seen.  I seriously believe they will be a Championship side within two seasons.  I expect them to walk Division Two next year and more than likely go straight through Division One the following season as well.  Just to add a little more doubt onto our chances next year should we stay in our current league I think that Notts Co. are not very far behind Wrexham (seen Notts Co twice this season) and although I think they might have to go through the play-offs they will be a major force in Div 2 next season as well.  I add that I'm not a Wrexham supporter nor have any Welsh connections - just stating what I've witnessed and conclusions arrived at.
To be fair, the above is exactly what Lincoln City and Stockport County fans felt about their respective teams on gaining promotion from the Conference. Enjoy seeing the confidence and arrogance dissipate!
Only Luton Town have succeeded in this regard...and they obviously shouldn't have been there in the first place on merit - demoted with ridiculously high points deductions!
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2023, 14:30:58 pm »

The likes of Mullin on a reported £4500 a week will find their level and we know all about players like Tozer. They will have to strengthen and pay the big bucks to attract decent players. Football quickly becomes more of an even playing field as you climb the ladder, although the conference is really difficult to get out of.
Money doesn’t guarantee success….but it helps. If the league table was based on spend there’d be no point kicking a ball.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2023, 14:42:51 pm »

I think they'll probably do OK. Reynolds has just sold one of his businesses for over a billion and will be investing much more into the club. I reckon they'll be in the prem in 5 to 10 years.
Contradiction in terms there. "probably do OK"  followed by in the prem in 5/10 years. The latter would be quite an achievement, as they are currently non league. He may have a billion, but how much of it does he invest? Thats a fcuking expensive hobby. Lower championship team at a push for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2023, 15:10:32 pm »

The Wrexham area is relatively rural (not over populated) and will only support (in the long run) an average League 1 side at best. I'm old enough to remember them as a struggling Division 2 side (before the Premier era). That area tends to leak support to the Liverpool and Manchester clubs. The North Welsh people will be fiercely loyal to it as their side. The South Welsh people regard them as the enemy (in football terms).
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2023, 15:59:33 pm »

Contradiction in terms there. "probably do OK"  followed by in the prem in 5/10 years. The latter would be quite an achievement, as they are currently non league. He may have a billion, but how much of it does he invest? Thats a fcuking expensive hobby. Lower championship team at a push for me.

Hardly a contradiction. Probably do OK, obviously tongue in cheek in the context of what I was replying to, followed by Reynolds making over a billion  a fair amount of which will be invested in the team. They'll win the National league this season and kick on from there. Quite an achievement maybe but I wouldn't bet against it.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2023, 16:00:03 pm »

The Wrexham area is relatively rural (not over populated) and will only support (in the long run) an average League 1 side at best. I'm old enough to remember them as a struggling Division 2 side (before the Premier era). That area tends to leak support to the Liverpool and Manchester clubs. The North Welsh people will be fiercely loyal to it as their side. The South Welsh people regard them as the enemy (in football terms).
Bit long ago, but remember being at the last home game of the season back around 84 time v Wrexham.
A hot Saturday, went onto the Spion Kop for the experience - was officially the away end then. More Cobblers lads bathing on the Kop - Wrexham brought all of 15 with them!
Attendance: 1,189.
Cobblers raced into a quick 3-0 lead...finished 3-3!
They all want a piece of the glory 🎂 right now!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2023, 16:14:24 pm »

Bit long ago, but remember being at the last home game of the season back around 84 time v Wrexham.
A hot Saturday, went onto the Spion Kop for the experience - was officially the away end then. More Cobblers lads bathing on the Kop - Wrexham brought all of 15 with them!
Attendance: 1,189.
Cobblers raced into a quick 3-0 lead...finished 3-3!
They all want a piece of the glory 🎂 right now!

Same as any successful team. 30 and 40000 at Wembley for example, and conversley, Burnley v Northampton 1987, attendance 2691. Their lowest attendance that season being 1465.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2023, 16:30:37 pm »

Hardly a contradiction. Probably do OK, obviously tongue in cheek in the context of what I was replying to, followed by Reynolds making over a billion  a fair amount of which will be invested in the team. They'll win the National league this season and kick on from there. Quite an achievement maybe but I wouldn't bet against it.
OK, lets see if they win the National League this season. Then what? with your 5/10 year prediction, they are in the prem. Highly unlikely I would say. They are a side comparable in size, to Brentford or Bournemouth. But these two both have their merits location wise, which Wrexham does not. West London, or the south coast, or some little town in North Wales = no contest. My last memory of visiting there was a lot of locals with scouse accents, and Fletch setting off fireworks next to the police in a pub car park.  Shocked
Its a small place and will always be in the shadow of the bigger neighbours. Short term success maybe, but the same level as Luton and Rotherham are currently at. And one final thing, all Yanks want a return for their dollar investment. I doubt that he will find it there.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2023, 16:42:14 pm »

OK, lets see if they win the National League this season. Then what? with your 5/10 year prediction, they are in the prem. Highly unlikely I would say. They are a side comparable in size, to Brentford or Bournemouth. But these two both have their merits location wise, which Wrexham does not. West London, or the south coast, or some little town in North Wales = no contest. My last memory of visiting there was a lot of locals with scouse accents, and Fletch setting off fireworks next to the police in a pub car park.  Shocked
Its a small place and will always be in the shadow of the bigger neighbours. Short term success maybe, but the same level as Luton and Rotherham are currently at. And one final thing, all Yanks want a return for their dollar investment. I doubt that he will find it there.

Not really a prediction, more of a passing thought. Anyway, it's not a competition. I couldn't give a fuçk about Wrexham either way.
Wouldn't mind a mega rich benefactor though.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2023, 17:09:25 pm »

Not really a prediction, more of a passing thought. Anyway, it's not a competition. I couldn't give a fuçk about Wrexham either way.
Wouldn't mind a mega rich benefactor though.
I agree totally. Chester is a much better place for a weekend away.
With regard to mega rich fans though, step forward the Shaq. If only he would open his wallet..

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3566

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2023, 18:44:58 pm »

Is this a Mangers thread, a Wrexham thread, or an argument thread.

anyway back to the subject in hand

Terry Fenwick    Trinidad and Tobago
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2023, 12:19:53 pm »

I wonder how much a recording artist with a number 1 album and an undisputed champion of the world are worth and if they have any interest in owning a football team  Shocked Cool
We don't need their money as we have a big share of the £20,000.000 coming our way as long as thomas and co are denied the entire pot,  which strangely some of our own clubs fan want him gifted!
Nowt stranger than folk.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3566

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2023, 14:08:11 pm »

We don't need their money as we have a big share of the £20,000.000 coming our way as long as thomas and co are denied the entire pot,  which strangely some of our own clubs fan want him gifted!
Nowt stranger than folk.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2023, 19:38:13 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2023, 19:39:15 pm »

Calderwood 2022/2023.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2023, 19:41:08 pm »

Calderwood 2022/2023.
Attention seeker
Report Spam   Logged
guest3566

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2023, 20:58:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2023, 23:37:04 pm »

Nowt stranger than folk.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: