The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:44:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Crewe Alexandra at home Saturday 18/03/22

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra at home Saturday 18/03/22  (Read 5861 times)
guest3574

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2023, 12:18:50 pm »

Blah, blah, blah
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2023, 13:05:55 pm »

Fair reply. Was it right that Burge took his place back in the team over King?

I don't think Burge got himself suspended, he was injured?

Therefore it would be a case of who Brady feels is the best keeper.

Since I've been out of the country I haven't seen a lot of the games so I've no idea whether King has let the side down or not. Doesn't appear to have done by the reports and I've certainly seen no posts on here questioning Bradys decision.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2023, 13:14:07 pm »

You keep going back to the bradford game. Yes we played well. It worked. Would it have worked the same against another team with a different style at home for instance? The next game was in two weeks. Who knows what happened behind the scenes in that time.

At that point sam had 13 goals in 14 league games...

Okay, obviously you don't read my posts but I'll repeat myself.

No 1) It wasn't just Bradford, we also beat Stevenage and Swindon (all three away) and got a draw at leaders Orient all WITHOUT Hoskins.

No 2) Hoskins got himself suspended. Some players can't help themselves, either talking back to a Referee, kicking a ball away, making a stupid challenge. All unnecessary and all childish. Brady had a chance with little danger to make a statement to Hoskins and his team mates. No player is bigger than the team and if you do get your chance, play well and the team performs well (Bradford easily the best performance of the season so far) then I'll stick by those players and anybody out of the team will have to wait for their chance. Instead Brady sent exactly the opposite message out by putting Hoskins straight back in.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2023, 13:15:36 pm »

And who knows how many he would have scored at Bradford?.

Well as you like to say, that's pure supposition. For all you know we might have lost if Hoskins had of played. We'll never know.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2023, 13:16:38 pm »

Blah, blah, blah

You've got to be just about the most childish poster I've seen on here and that's saying something. Grow up.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
guest3571

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2023, 13:25:40 pm »

I don't think Burge got himself suspended, he was injured?

Therefore it would be a case of who Brady feels is the best keeper.

Since I've been out of the country I haven't seen a lot of the games so I've no idea whether King has let the side down or not. Doesn't appear to have done by the reports and I've certainly seen no posts on here questioning Bradys decision.
Ah ok, so it was based on Hoskins being suspended and not injured, so along punishment lines you wouldn't have brought Hoskins back in straight away.
I ask because King did very well when he came in and didn't let us down at all. I was pleased Burge got his place back but wouldn't have been surprised if he stuck with King.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2023, 13:32:50 pm »

Ah ok, so it was based on Hoskins being suspended and not injured, so along punishment lines you wouldn't have brought Hoskins back in straight away.
I ask because King did very well when he came in and didn't let us down at all. I was pleased Burge got his place back but wouldn't have been surprised if he stuck with King.

Yes it would appear by the goals against column that King has done reasonably well. Perhaps Brady told him when he arrived that Burge would be No 1 or maybe he knew that King was going to be unavailable due to International call-ups and thought the Crewe game was an ideal opportunity to bring him back into the fold? Who knows, maybe someone will ask Brady.

I will repeat though I've not seen any posts criticising Brady on the decision, though I do think read every thread.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2023, 13:35:06 pm »

No 2) Hoskins got himself suspended. Some players can't help themselves, either talking back to a Referee, kicking a ball away, making a stupid challenge. All unnecessary and all childish. Brady had a chance with little danger to make a statement to Hoskins and his team mates.

Of which Hoskins didn't do any of them in that game?
and when it comes to talking back to the referee do you really think Brady is in a position to lecture and make a stand to his players on that? He'd have to step back from the next game as well...

It seems you've only watched games in october and november, and forgot to mention all the games that hoskins won or gained a point for us. We can all pick and choose games...I could choose at least 12 of them.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2023, 13:39:34 pm »

Of which Hoskins didn't do any of them in that game?
and when it comes to talking back to the referee do you really think Brady is in a position to lecture and make a stand to his players on that? He'd have to step back from the next game as well...

I could choose at least 12 of them.

Not many since October though.

Anyway, I've got to go. Good night.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2023, 14:05:26 pm »

Excellent. I hate to be in the majority on here, what's the point of "I told you so" if everybody agreed with me?
I think that most people have noticed that.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2023, 16:16:17 pm »

Those numpties that inexplicably make cases for Hoskins to be dropped ; bleat on about substitutions being made at the wrong time ; Brady being out of his depth ; not playing vanity signings ; playing others out on loan or barely good enough to get in the squad -
Step forward and make a fool of yourselves once more !
To be where we are after the setbacks we have had is remarkable and nothing else !
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2023, 16:34:42 pm »

You've got to be just about the most childish poster I've seen on here and that's saying something. Grow up.
No!
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2023, 16:44:04 pm »

Those numpties that inexplicably make cases for Hoskins to be dropped ; bleat on about substitutions being made at the wrong time ; Brady being out of his depth ; not playing vanity signings ; playing others out on loan or barely good enough to get in the squad -
To be where we are after the setbacks we have had is remarkable and nothing else !

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2023, 17:28:59 pm »

You don't need to try very hard!!
I think most of "those numpties" are just giving their opinions, not suggesting they know it all, like some people. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2023, 01:30:59 am »

Inexplicably?

I think I've explained my case enough times and I never said he should be dropped now (nobody has), I said he should never have been recalled after the Bradford game. Big difference.

As for negative remarks, do you think if I went through your previous posts I wouldn't find occasions where you haven't said that Brady played the wrong line-up, made the wrong substitution, played the wrong tactics? I bet I wouldn't have to look far.

Finally, we all know your opinion, anywhere above 10th should be seen as a successful season. I don't happen to share that opinion, maybe I have higher aspirations than yourself? We're a yoyo club, when we are in League 2 we should be challenging for promotion.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 03:17:50 am by TPFKA Marvo » Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
guest3574

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2023, 12:18:24 pm »

It was an excellent result
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: