The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 06:54:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Go Marching In

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go Marching In  (Read 1976 times)
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2024, 18:28:36 pm »

Unbelievable. So proud of the town.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
itsme

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2024, 18:34:59 pm »

A brilliant win well done tobthe Saints
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2024, 19:08:02 pm »

What a game. Great weekend so far. Another lovely night fixture in the bag for the Cobblers. And the mighty Saints put on a consummate display of glory and guts.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2024, 20:08:17 pm »

statement win
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2024, 13:35:52 pm »

It's a bit confusing but I think we will be at home to Munster in the last 16.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 17:34:55 pm by TPFKA Marvo » Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2024, 13:51:37 pm »

It's a bit confusing but I think we will be at home to Leicester in the last 16.
"we?"  Your on the wrong train mate. Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2024, 13:58:24 pm »

I'm enjoying it more than the football at the minute, it's been so exciting. Maybe it's because the Cobblers are midtable with seemingly little to play for.

Note: I'd say "we" for the Cricket team too.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2024, 17:37:29 pm »

I was wrong about Leicester too. I thought it would be on its difference but it's actually on victories. Makes sense. Maybe another thing football could look at.

Anyway, Munster (again).
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2024, 19:31:06 pm »

I was wrong about Leicester too. I thought it would be on its difference but it's actually on victories. Makes sense. Maybe another thing football could look at.

Anyway, Munster (agai  tn).
Makes sense to you maybe. But back in the real world, life goes on. And I still believe that you are on the wrong train.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2024, 20:01:35 pm »

Makes sense to you maybe. But back in the real world, life goes on. And I still believe that you are on the wrong train.

Well this section is for "Other Sport" so perhaps it's you in the wrong place?

Personally I think it would be better that if two teams finish on the same amount of points in football, then it should be the results between those two sides that should be first port of call to decide who finishes above the other. As it stands you might, oh I don't know, be in a situation where a team plays another and wins 7-0 because their opponents don't bother, a result that would never had happened had it been the final day of the season.

As for Rugby, Leicester and Munster finished level on points, though Leicester finished above Munster because they won 2 games, Munster only one, even though the Irish side had a superior goal difference.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 20:04:56 pm by TPFKA Marvo » Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2024, 21:31:28 pm »

Well this section is for "Other Sport" so perhaps it's you in the wrong place?

Personally I think it would be better that if two teams finish on the same amount of points in football, then it should be the results between those two sides that should be first port of call to decide who finishes above the other. As it stands you might, oh I don't know, be in a situation where a team plays another and wins 7-0 because their opponents don't bother, a result that would never had happened had it been the final day of the season.

As for Rugby, Leicester and Munster finished level on points, though Leicester finished above Munster because they won 2 games, Munster only one, even though the Irish side had a superior goal difference.
You cannot keep your mouth shut can ya? You just have to engage. Carry on son, I am enjoying this.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2024, 07:19:27 am »

https://shop.northamptonsaints.co.uk/fashion/mens-fashion/t-shirts/1125_shoe-army-lyrics-t-shirt.html
That'd be a great idea for our own version, in claret of course?

Also:  https://shop.northamptonsaints.co.uk/fashion/mens-fashion/t-shirts/1124_shoe-army-t-shirt.html

They've really been influenced by their visit(s) to Sixfields... Wink
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 07:24:08 am by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2024, 08:57:12 am »

You could probably get those tee-shirts made up for less than a tenner. Nice little side earner for you there rimmy.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2024, 11:12:46 am »

As football is a game for poorly educated hooligans and rugby is a game for better educated gentlemen you would have thought they could come up with something more original.
Report Spam   Logged
therealpattcobb

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2024, 10:15:34 am »

As football is a game for poorly educated hooligans and rugby is a game for better educated gentlemen you would have thought they could come up with something more original.

Saints crowd is generally made up of people who are not allowed to go to football, by wives, husbands, parents etc.

The reasons for this are varied, but I would suggest social standing as being one.
Relative success is another, maybe matchday experience.
I know lads who I played football with and who played football all their life that go to the Saints and wouldn't even contemplate going to the Cobblers.

When there is a fixture clash and I pass Saints supporters on Weedon Road
"How did The Cobblers get on mate?
What did they play like?"
me "Yeh ok, decent win really"
Saints supporter " Great stuff, Saints beat Bristol"
Me  "I couldn't give a toss mate"

To be honest as a game rugby is OK enjoy watching the 6 Nations etc.
It's just the supporters...
Report Spam   Logged

Only Gay in the Village??
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2024, 19:01:49 pm »

Saints crowd is generally made up of people who are not allowed to go to football, by wives, husbands, parents etc.

The reasons for this are varied, but I would suggest social standing as being one.
Relative success is another, maybe matchday experience.
I know lads who I played football with and who played football all their life that go to the Saints and wouldn't even contemplate going to the Cobblers.

When there is a fixture clash and I pass Saints supporters on Weedon Road
"How did The Cobblers get on mate?
What did they play like?"
me "Yeh ok, decent win really"
Saints supporter " Great stuff, Saints beat Bristol"
Me  "I couldn't give a toss mate"

To be honest as a game rugby is OK enjoy watching the 6 Nations etc.
It's just the supporters...
Surely your conversation above with Saints supporters shows that it's just the football supporters (well one at least) that have a problem.
Report Spam   Logged
therealpattcobb

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2024, 08:10:37 am »

Surely your conversation above with Saints supporters shows that it's just the football supporters (well one at least) that have a problem.
No it's definitely the other way round. I would say there more interest from Saints supporters in what the Cobblers are doing than the other way round.
Most rugby supporters are frustrated football supporters who for whatever reason would never go to football.
And in that sentence I reckon it's something The Cobblers should recognize - that in many ways the Saints ARE competitors, particularly when there is a fixture clash (don't get me started on that one). Same as the cinema, theatres and many other leisure activities that compete for the £s in people's pockets.
Report Spam   Logged

TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2024, 10:43:40 am »

I think you missed his point. The Saints fans you spoke about, whether they liked football or not, were polite enough to be interested in how the Cobblers had got on, where as you, "I couldn't give a toss mate" , showed how rude a Cobblers fan could be. I mean, what would it have cost you to reciprocate even if you weren't interested in the answer? In this instance I think the Saints fans come off in a far better light.

I also don't think there's much of a clash between Northampton Rugby and Football fans. Sure there would be the odd one or two who would like to go both but not many. Also the Saints is far more expensive, especially when you consider they only have 9 home league games.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2024, 11:43:27 am »

I don't understand how anyone with an affinity with the Cobblers or Northampton in general can be anything other than delighted should the Cobblers, Saints or the County do well, or at least an admiring nod.
Can only be down to short sighted jealously that we have one of the best teams in the country playing a different sport to the one most of us care about.
Not sure about them stealing our song though, although "When the Cobblers go marching in" wouldn't work.

It would be a good idea if the two sports could make sure that the teams don't play at the same time. However minor I am sure it would boost the respective gates as there must be some crossover.
Not sure I buy the traffic issue, considering both only attract 20,000 in total which is nothing compared to most areas around the country.
Report Spam   Logged
therealpattcobb

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2024, 12:30:51 pm »

I think you missed his point. The Saints fans you spoke about, whether they liked football or not, were polite enough to be interested in how the Cobblers had got on, where as you, "I couldn't give a toss mate" , showed how rude a Cobblers fan could be. I mean, what would it have cost you to reciprocate even if you weren't interested in the answer? In this instance I think the Saints fans come off in a far better light.

I also don't think there's much of a clash between Northampton Rugby and Football fans. Sure there would be the odd one or two who would like to go both but not many. Also the Saints is far more expensive, especially when you consider they only have 9 home league games.
OK "I couldn't give a toss" is a bit much I do have an interest and I do check their results. However I stand by what I said that that there is more social standing and acceptance about going to the Saints than there is the Cobblers.
I've even heard the argument "Well at least you can sit in the stand with a pint" which never washes with me. I'm there to watch the game, I can drink pre and post match thanks.
Maybe I'm not giving the Saints supporters their due, there probably is more interest from a Saints follower in the Cobblers, than vice versa.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 13:16:17 pm by therealpattcobb » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: