The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 00:16:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Players Under & Out of Contract

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Players Under & Out of Contract  (Read 9425 times)
bungle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2024, 14:51:31 pm »

Wasn’t at the game today so can’t comment too much on his performance but what a ball by Appere to Hoskins.

I  would hand Appere a contract, he’s still young and is a runner.
Divided opinions amongst fans but in my opinion he’s well worth a deal & one I think we would regret if we let go.

There is potential for Appere to 'do a Hoskins' i.e. mature into a player with composure and precise finishing later in his career.
He has the attributes to be a more than decent L1 striker and time is on his side at 25.

Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2024, 16:31:27 pm »

I think mcwilliams celebration may have had something to do with contract, just a reminder he's still here
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2024, 16:50:15 pm »

I think mcwilliams celebration may have had something to do with contract, just a reminder he's still here

There was a time a bloke wouldn't be seen dead in a bra.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
cobbler151

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2024, 16:53:45 pm »

There is potential for Appere to 'do a Hoskins' i.e. mature into a player with composure and precise finishing later in his career.
He has the attributes to be a more than decent L1 striker and time is on his side at 25.

Not for me, he was beyond poor today.

Simpson on other hand does have all the attributes to be very good at this level and I'd love to have him back
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 19:46:58 pm by cobbler151 » Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2024, 16:54:21 pm »

Seemed to be playing as a striker and was weirdly effective. Kudos 👍🏽
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2024, 20:22:28 pm »

Not for me, he was beyond poor today.

Simpson on other hand does have all the attributes to be very good at this level and I'd love to have him back
Couldn’t agree more, no thanks to Appere, would definitely sign Simpson on a perm if he becomes available.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler151

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2024, 20:31:44 pm »

Couldn’t agree more, no thanks to Appere, would definitely sign Simpson on a perm if he becomes available.

JB seems to like continuingly.
If he fancies him, I'm sure Hyltons wage could tempt him.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 01, 2024, 20:35:25 pm »

🤞
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Barty

We must supply our own light

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 01, 2024, 20:42:54 pm »

He’s on loan from Huddersfield and it’s likely they’re going to be relegated to league 1, they might want him back if that happens?
Report Spam   Logged

Happiness is loving your enemies
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 01, 2024, 21:47:13 pm »

I would keep

Lee Burge (1 year)
Sam Sherring
Ben Fox (1 year)
Jordan Willis
Shaun McWilliams
Akin Odimayo (1 year)
Liam Moore
Dominic Gape (1 year)
Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2024, 21:53:03 pm »

I would keep

Lee Burge (1 year) Agree
Sam Sherring Agree
Ben Fox (1 year) not for me
Jordan Willis Agree
Shaun McWilliams Agree
Akin Odimayo (1 year) Agree
Liam Moore injured again!
Dominic Gape (1 year) Not a chance
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2024, 22:08:09 pm »

I would keep

Lee Burge (1 year)
Sam Sherring
Ben Fox (1 year)
Jordan Willis
Shaun McWilliams
Akin Odimayo (1 year)
Liam Moore
Dominic Gape (1 year)

Moore & Gape, no thanks, both did a job to get us over the line but we need to be looking for better in what will be an even stronger L1 next season...

Burge....depends on if he gets through the final 4 games unscathed...

Willis, again another injury prone defender we can ill afford...

Hopefully, the owners will back JB to bring in some quality...

With Leonard & Bowie going we're gonna need it...

Thankfully, freeing up Hyltons wages should get us a couple of decent signings!

Also, if Magalore can somehow stay fit, he'll be a real asset in L1
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 22:09:51 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2024, 07:48:21 am »

Considering my expectations of this season was to avoid relegation we’ve done that comfortably. This shows that the squad have the combined ability to perform well at this level albeit the reinforcements of Bowie and Leonard have really helped, Simpson as well once he recovered his mojo.

Leonard is the main one that will be really hard to replace but again as a club we’ve shown that loan players are well managed here and clubs can trust us to support development.

The wages released by loan players returning and contracts expiring should allow for good replacement options.
 Personally I wouldn’t offer Gape, Moore or Willis a contract as it’s no good being a quality player who in all likelihood is injured more often than not.
Fox maybe.
Burge - no.
Odimayo , McWilliams and Sherring - yes and two out three likely to stay

Appere I would dependant on wages offered and the other forward options signed.
 Dyche can listen to offers.
 Abimbola will get released

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
TVOR

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2024, 09:14:54 am »

I agree with Appere. There is a player in there and we have seen glimpses. If we can get him on a decent wage I think he is worthy of a squad place but wouldn't be disappointed if he left. Sort of player I can see joining P*sh (who are interested apparently) and becoming a £m player for them.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2024, 12:28:22 pm »

I agree with Appere. There is a player in there and we have seen glimpses. If we can get him on a decent wage I think he is worthy of a squad place but wouldn't be disappointed if he left. Sort of player I can see joining P*sh (who are interested apparently) and becoming a £m player for them.

Appere to the scum...absolutely no chance they'd be interested...they are all about pace & power up front...sadly Louie has neither...

He's a willing runner but I think the scum are unfortunately shopping in a slightly better market than us.
Report Spam   Logged
TVOR

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2024, 13:01:07 pm »

Appere to the scum...absolutely no chance they'd be interested...they are all about pace & power up front...sadly Louie has neither...

He's a willing runner but I think the scum are unfortunately shopping in a slightly better market than us.
Heard from a good source they are watching him, dont think he is a primary target but are keeping an eye. Obviously if they go up it wont happen. Just saying what I have heard but could be bulls***
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2024, 13:27:07 pm »

Appere definitely has the potential to become a far more successful player in a different team, it wouldn't be the first time. Good age, good experience and some good attributes.
Far more preferable to secure his mediocrity in a Cobblers shirt.  Tongue 
Simpson, no thank you.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2024, 14:22:32 pm »

Heard from a good source they are watching him, dont think he is a primary target but are keeping an eye. Obviously if they go up it wont happen. Just saying what I have heard but could be bulls***

100% bulls***
Report Spam   Logged
Robas

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2024, 15:21:27 pm »

A new contract offer for Sherring is, of course a certainty.

In addition, I’d offer contracts to Appéré, Burge, Fox, McWilliams, Odimayo, and probably Willis as well.

Lose all this lot and we have lost a massive amount of squad continuity. We also already know they are of good character.

I think some fans are being a bit casual in disregarding the effect massive personnel changes could have on the squad mentality that has built up over the past three seasons. We are already losing two key performers in Leonard and Bowie.

It is, of course, key that we manage players fitness better than we have done, and I think there is evidence that we are already starting to do this and hopefully it will pay dividends next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2024, 19:41:01 pm »

Appere definitely has the potential to become a far more successful player in a different team, it wouldn't be the first time. Good age, good experience and some good attributes.
Far more preferable to secure his mediocrity in a Cobblers shirt.  Tongue 
Simpson, no thank you.
You don’t go to games do you.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: