The Hotel End
February 24, 2024, 06:11:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bolton Wanderers (h)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bolton Wanderers (h)  (Read 6184 times)
guest3667

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2024, 20:27:16 pm »

It hurts doesn’t it?
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2024, 20:38:19 pm »

Scroll down about a dozen posts, theres some interesting screen shots.

https://the-wanderer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27705&start=260

They’ll be wasting time to appeal that.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2024, 21:00:13 pm »

Okay, you win. You've bored me to tears.
Thanks, but can you write me a letter of congratulations, it would mean more.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2024, 21:41:03 pm »

Yes, even Bolton fans tbf, say it was a clear red!

Agreed - he sent McGowan flying, its not wise to go flying in like that on the touchline and in full view of Ref and officials.And in front of OAP, My B-in-Law,Moi et all. I think the 4th Official had an important view on the Red Card.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2024, 23:26:14 pm »

That is so funny (and expected). For when I first brokered this thought and gave an example at that time of just the three games people said that was to small a sample and you would need at least 10. Now you want more. I've given you the stats, 10 games, nearly a quarter of a season. So be it. There are none so blind that will not see.

Tbf bud, I didn't even see whatever earlier post you're referring to, I'm just making the observation that 10 games out of 150 or however many is a very small sample.

And if we're after facts, ten games is nearer a fifth of a season than a quater. Only just admittedly but we are discussing matters of accuracy so....
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2024, 06:59:59 am »

Tbf bud, I didn't even see whatever earlier post you're referring to, I'm just making the observation that 10 games out of 150 or however many is a very small sample.

And if we're after facts, ten games is nearer a fifth of a season than a quater. Only just admittedly but we are discussing matters of accuracy so....

A qualitative research involves relatively small sample size. However my sample isn't small it is complete as it involves ALL 141 league games since Brady took over, comparing those that Hoskins played in and those that he didn't.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. I'm only human.
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2024, 08:11:54 am »

They’ll be wasting time to appeal that.

It's bolton, it will be rescinded
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2024, 08:57:59 am »

It's bolton, it will be rescinded

If this was a red the Bolton one was two reds.

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/36620/13067694/st-mirren-james-bolton-red-card-appeal-dismissed-as-club-seek-full-clarification-decision-making-process
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2024, 14:42:57 pm »

Apparently Marvos submission is known as nonvectorial data, whatever that means?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2024, 15:14:32 pm »

Apparently Marvos submission is known as nonvectorial data, whatever that means?

I'll tell you what it means :

FACT [/b]
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 13, 2024, 17:14:35 pm »

I'll tell you what it means :

FACT [/b]
Thanks 👍
Report Spam   Logged

WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2024, 22:13:02 pm »

I don't think he's grasped that whilst data in its rawest form may be factual, when you extract small, random or only selected segments and make statements around it, you leave yourself open to challenge.

I have no objection to him suggesting we'd be better without Hoskins but if it's based on 10 games out of 141 then IMHO that's not a great ratio to base such an opinion on.

And in any case, the last two games have spoilt his rationale somewhat. Though not doubt the fact we scored three goals without Sam in the team will be twisted into another stat to support his view
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2024, 22:29:49 pm »

I don't think he's grasped that whilst data in its rawest form may be factual, when you extract small, random or only selected segments and make statements around it, you leave yourself open to challenge.

I have no objection to him suggesting we'd be better without Hoskins but if it's based on 10 games out of 141 then IMHO that's not a great ratio to base such an opinion on.

And in any case, the last two games have spoilt his rationale somewhat. Though not doubt the fact we scored three goals without Sam in the team will be twisted into another stat to support his view

Well I guess you're glad we lost.  Roll Eyes

So what's your view then? We'd have won 5-4 if Hoskins had been playing?
Report Spam   Logged

WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2024, 22:48:27 pm »

Well I guess you're glad we lost.  Roll Eyes

So what's your view then? We'd have won 5-4 if Hoskins had been playing?

I'm never glad when we lose, as a trawl of my posts would clearly show. But that'd be bringing factual evidence with an actual point to the fore and that's not your thing....
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2024, 22:57:14 pm »

I'm never glad when we lose, as a trawl of my posts would clearly show. But that'd be bringing factual evidence with an actual point to the fore and that's not your thing....

Oh I don't think that's true, It took you less than an hour to bring up the Hoskins stats. You couldn't wait.
Report Spam   Logged

WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2024, 08:01:52 am »

Keep digging that hole Prof...

The Hoskins stat isn't brought up to aid wallowing in a defeat. It's brought up because it's a bit silly.... Creating a stat based on ten games, to suggest we're better off without our main goal scorer... You keep digging though, it's entertainment of sorts. Mentioning the last two games is purely to illustrate that actually, we're not better off. And you can mock and suggest I'm implying that we'd have won 5-4 with Hoskins if you like but I could counter by saying all those games we won without him, we'd have won by more if he'd played. It can't be proven either way can it?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2024, 11:39:08 am »

Bolton's players red card upheld and he now has a 3 match suspension, Evatt has been charged by the FA for his conduct towards the match officials. Guess he was just unlucky with his appeals.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2024, 11:41:52 am »

Keep digging that hole Prof...

The Hoskins stat isn't brought up to aid wallowing in a defeat. It's brought up because it's a bit silly.... Creating a stat based on ten games, to suggest we're better off without our main goal scorer... You keep digging though, it's entertainment of sorts. Mentioning the last two games is purely to illustrate that actually, we're not better off. And you can mock and suggest I'm implying that we'd have won 5-4 with Hoskins if you like but I could counter by saying all those games we won without him, we'd have won by more if he'd played. It can't be proven either way can it?

Exactly so why you think it can be leaves me bewildered.

One thing I will say in mitigation, the squad has been absolutely devastated these last two games, that wasn't the case previously when Hoskins was missing. But that's by the by.
Report Spam   Logged

DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2024, 14:41:52 pm »

Bolton's players red card upheld and he now has a 3 match suspension, Evatt has been charged by the FA for his conduct towards the match officials. Guess he was just unlucky with his appeals.

Stupid appeal. Stone wall red (by the standards today) once he’d dished it out. They’ll live and learn.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2024, 15:22:30 pm »

So my earlier evaluation of him was spot on then!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: