The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:58:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Josh walker our main problem

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Josh walker our main problem  (Read 5165 times)
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2011, 10:35:46 am »

Nah thanks, watch it a second time?, surely that defeats the object of watching it the first time?, not delusional here my friend.

Perhaps you should try viewing things without looking to pray on Walker's every mistake, Football isnt an exact science and players aren't robots automatically programmed to win every single ball. It's well known to us all he ****ed up for one(just one) of Bury's goals and he has rightly been slated for it, no disputing that. The rest of his play against Bury was part and parcel of football though, played some decent balls/others didnt come off, one of which we know only too well.

As a player you can't win every 50/50 challenge you go in for, and Josh Walker is no different, and to reiterate i'm not disputing his passing goes astray far too much than they should, but just that it appears to me he gets abit too much of a bad press from the supporters than he deserves at times. Typical.

Not looking to savage Walker, or any other one player. The fact remains though, since the Crewe game his performances have been dire. The reason a number around me were keeping a close eye on his distribution, is because the question was being asked as to 'how the hell does he stay in the team?'
The answer of course, Gary Johnson realises there is a good player in there somewhere. Unfortunately, poor concentration, and even poorer distribution have so far blighted his Cobblers career. Yes he played better on Saturday. However, since setting such high standards against Crewe, he has since been very dissapointing.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2011, 11:23:22 am »

Didn't he play half a season for Rotherham last year and their fans loved him, in League Two - suggests he might be a bit less bothered this year than last year...?
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »

Didn't he play half a season for Rotherham last year and their fans loved him, in League Two - suggests he might be a bit less bothered this year than last year...?

Or maybe, just maybe, it's easier for a young, talented loanee to play well in a stable, successful side rather an unstable side in a relegation scrap? He played pretty well for Stevenage, too, who are another well-organised, disciplined outfit.

I think (hope) GJ has finally stumbled upon his best line up. Provided Walker has hard-workers like Rodgers and Osman alongisde him, then I see no reason why he can't be successful. Confidence is rising, and young players like Walker can only benefit. Give him a few weeks in a settled, well-organised side and I think you'll get an idea of his full potential.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »

Confidence is a surprisingly often underestimated factor in football. It can make a poor player good, and a good player awful. Josh will prove to be a good player and I have no doubt about that, he just needs to trust in his ability. Yes he's young and learning the game (that's why he's out on loan; to learn from making these mistakes in the same way Bunny did when we loaned him out), but that doesn't make him a bad player. It's a shame so many fail to see this.

Sure, his dip in form has come at the worst possible time for the Cobbs, but Josh Walker could still just as easily be the one that saves us this season. I don't believe many others in our squad would have even seen that pass for Bauza's goal, let alone completed it. I'd love to see him here next season. As has been mentioned, he was instrumental in Rotherham making the L2 play off final last year, and he was good at Stevenage too, so he's proven he can do it (Crewe aside).

Would these moaners really prefer someone completing 95% of passes, 100% of which are backwards, than a player who tries to play attacking balls and get things going, but with a lower pass percentage? Do me a favour.

Let's just trust whoever Johnson selects and get behind them 100% for the last few games. Having a go at a player low on confidnce is only going to be counter-productive.

I can only assume the Walker-haters are the same ones I used to hear booing Steve Howard and Brad Johnson  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
DustCobb

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2011, 13:41:09 pm »

Confidence is a surprisingly often underestimated factor in football. It can make a poor player good, and a good player awful. Josh will prove to be a good player and I have no doubt about that, he just needs to trust in his ability. Yes he's young and learning the game (that's why he's out on loan; to learn from making these mistakes in the same way Bunny did when we loaned him out), but that doesn't make him a bad player. It's a shame so many fail to see this.

Sure, his dip in form has come at the worst possible time for the Cobbs, but Josh Walker could still just as easily be the one that saves us this season. I don't believe many others in our squad would have even seen that pass for Bauza's goal, let alone completed it. I'd love to see him here next season. As has been mentioned, he was instrumental in Rotherham making the L2 play off final last year, and he was good at Stevenage too, so he's proven he can do it (Crewe aside).

Would these moaners really prefer someone completing 95% of passes, 100% of which are backwards, than a player who tries to play attacking balls and get things going, but with a lower pass percentage? Do me a favour.

Let's just trust whoever Johnson selects and get behind them 100% for the last few games. Having a go at a player low on confidnce is only going to be counter-productive.

I can only assume the Walker-haters are the same ones I used to hear booing Steve Howard and Brad Johnson  Roll Eyes

Well said.

For anyone that has actually played football must be able to realise how much confidence effects peoples game.
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2011, 14:01:14 pm »

Steve howard use to get boo'd?!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2011, 14:06:40 pm »

Not looking to savage Walker, or any other one player.

WALKER PLAYED WELL AT WW - made the goal for Bauza Huh?
Maybe he will have a good game against Rotherham his x loan club Undecided Undecided
Just when we need total support pillocks like you come along with pointless thread Evil Evil Evil
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2011, 14:26:42 pm »

I think nearly all of us would love him to prove us wrong. When I heard he was starting on Saturday I was actually gobsmacked. But he played really well, kept it a lot more simple and only went for the Hollywood ball when it was worth it, and it led to one of our goals. You can tell he has ability, it just hadn't been working for him. Saturday was a step in the right direction and let's hope he can build on that performance.
Report Spam   Logged
jayntfc

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2011, 15:18:12 pm »

He also created Bauza's goal at Burton
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2011, 15:59:53 pm »

First half against Bury - any need to say more?

Fully agree, though, that it's not going to be helpful to single out a player and pick on him.
Report Spam   Logged
Moulton Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2011, 16:56:08 pm »

He's had plenty of chances to show off his so called ability, and bar the very rare game, in the main he has been s***e and should have been taken out of the team weeks ago.  I don't get this "no time on the ball crap" he always tries the complicated pass, when it comes off it looks great but a high percentage of the time it hasn't worked and he's made to look a fool.

I hope he manages to perform well more frequently until the end of the season like all the fans but the odd game in 20 doesn't cut it with me.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2011, 17:59:43 pm »

WALKER PLAYED WELL AT WW - made the goal for Bauza Huh?
Maybe he will have a good game against Rotherham his x loan club Undecided Undecided
Just when we need total support pillocks like you come along with pointless thread Evil Evil Evil

Read the post ****!! I was replying to the fella who said he played well against Bury!
It's a message board, you know, people express opinions. Yes he played well at Wycombe, and I stated that, but anyone who thinks he has been playing consistantly well is deluded.
Oh, and as I called you a **** I suppose I should add one of these Grin
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 18:02:08 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2011, 19:39:32 pm »

Read the post ****!! I was replying to the fella who said he played well against Bury!
It's a message board, you know, people express opinions. Yes he played well at Wycombe, and I stated that, but anyone who thinks he has been playing consistantly well is deluded.
Oh, and as I called you a **** I suppose I should add one of these Grin

dipstick - yr message is negative "ad nauseam".
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 19:42:17 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2011, 20:14:29 pm »

i bumped this thread up just to say well done to Josh for the way he played against Wycombe, yet some people have yet again turned this thread into a slagging match, and have decided to bring up all the other matches, all you had to do was agree with me, say well played Josh and move on.

alot of you are very anal people. 

**edit** some of you arnt though  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2011, 20:24:55 pm »

dipstick - yr message is negative "ad nauseam".

Doubt you even know what Ad nauseam even means, and actually you really are a c***!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:57 am »

Doubt you even know what Ad nauseam even means, and actually you really are a ****!

Well your wrong  -Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea". Unfortunately you may not be able to understand the term or its application.Did you study Latin at school? If you did you would not have responded as in yr last message
Report Spam   Logged

jayntfc

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:43 am »

God some of you really do just argue over anything
Report Spam   Logged
fwalden

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2011, 12:20:04 pm »

Walker is a better player than Gilligan and I'm sure by the end of their careers that will become evident.

Walker will try the more difficult pass which means that it's more less likely to come off but when it does, like on Saturday at Wycombe, it will lead to a goalscoring opportunity. Gilligan is more mundane but hard working, he's more likely to set up a goal from a cross than a pass.

If you could combine the two, you'd have a real good midfielder.

I agree.  I think Walker is getting far too much stick if I'm honest.  I rate him.  It'll be interesting to see how he plays this Friday after a bit of a confidence boost at Wycombe.  I know its a while ago but I thought he was superb when we hammered Crewe 6-2 back in Feb. Thought he was a cut above anything else on the pitch.  Since then his confidence along with everyone elses in the squad has diminished.  Decent players dont turn **** overnight, they just lose their confidence and belief. 
Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2011, 22:04:07 pm »

Well your wrong  -Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea". Unfortunately you may not be able to understand the term or its application.Did you study Latin at school? If you did you would not have responded as in yr last message

I know exactly what it means. Hence your -yr message is negative "ad nauseam"  Makes no sense, seeing as a message is not an argument. Nor was there an argument going on. As I said, you Sir, are a c*** Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2011, 22:17:50 pm »

If we are going to get picky, what the hell does "yr" mean?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: