The Hotel End
May 25, 2024, 17:56:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sky Sports EFL confirmed

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky Sports EFL confirmed  (Read 4189 times)
DavCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2024, 12:09:32 pm »

They want you to do everything online. I went on for ten minutes trying to reduce my package or cancel and therefore negotiate a deal but you can't but there was no phone number!!

0333 759 0687

Had to speak to them this morning. They have me over a barrel really. Mine is out of contract and now £86.50 for broadband and basic TV (with Netflix), no sports. I've been paying £55.
I'm moving in the next 3 months and won't need it in my new abode. If I sign up for a contract I'll get stung. Technically I could sign up and cancel within 31 days but too much hassle.
That is £43.50 for broadband and £43 for TV. I've been collared for the rest of a contract in the past and it's how they all seem to operate.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2024, 12:15:19 pm »

Pay £20 for Virgin m250 broadband, £29 for sky with multi room.

Diarise contract end dates and go on super haggling brinkmanship.

Do it for all bills and the way I see it the effort vs reward is well worth it.
Move bank accounts repeatedly as well for switch bonuses.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2024, 12:28:47 pm »

Pay £20 for Virgin m250 broadband, £29 for sky with multi room.

Diarise contract end dates and go on super haggling brinkmanship.

Do it for all bills and the way I see it the effort vs reward is well worth it.
Move bank accounts repeatedly as well for switch bonuses.

I once thought of a business that would be worth setting up.

Basically; you charge an annual fee of say £180 (paid monthly via standing order - so £15 per month) - and for that you would call all of the utility companies, TV, car insurance etc etc and renegotiate their deals on your clients behalf. Obviously you would have to have certain passwords/personal details etc.

I reckon you'd get 1000's of clients. Easy to market as well.

The only reason I didn't bother was because one of my biggest bugbears in life is calling these arseholes once a year to 'renegotiate' the rates so to do it for a living would finish me off!  Grin

I could have employed people to do it but there's obvious a few complexities involved and Im too busy. But I reckon its a great idea - Id definitely pay someone 15-20quid a month to do mine for me!!!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2024, 12:53:34 pm »

I have never had a problem contacting Sky by 'phone 03442 414141. I have also never accepted their initial price once they think you are considering leaving the price comes down and often quite considerably.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2024, 13:33:12 pm »

I have never had a problem contacting Sky by 'phone 03442 414141. I have also never accepted their initial price once they think you are considering leaving the price comes down and often quite considerably.

Used to be the way with car insurance but they don't see bothered to lose the business anymore. I think enough people just stick with the price they are given.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2024, 15:03:11 pm »

Iíve been up to the last few hours of a deal waiting for them to call.
Saturated market on these things so they want to keep you.
Top tip be nice to them and they have retention targets so have days where they are more generous!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 15:11:00 pm by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2024, 12:14:26 pm »

I'm on it, thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2024, 06:10:56 am »

It was said last night that the club expect a game to be moved on average over ever 6/7 weeks

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2024, 11:37:30 am »

Couldn't agree more. I have very good broadband. No TV packages at all. But watch everything I want.

You could take my TV away tomorrow, and I wouldn't care. But my music, that's a totally different story.
Come on Tel, those cold winter night cuddled up on the sofa with Mrs Hamster, nothing like a bit of Netflix.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Gustavo Palcrice

In past I vote Spinoza now it is Tory.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2024, 19:16:50 pm »

You do know Plusnet is owned by BT don't you?
Report Spam   Logged

There was a broken part now it fixed.
Penrith Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2024, 14:20:39 pm »

The end of 3pm kick offs??

Michael Potts
@MichaelPotts_

3h
I'm at Sky Studios today where they have just confirmed new channel Sky Sports+ and announced...

EVERY #EFL (CH/L1/L2) team will be shown live on Sky Sports at least *20* times in 2024/25.

And *ALL 36* opening weekend matches will be broadcast live. Massive, massive shake-up.

Whatever you think about the principle of 1,000 EFL games live on TV, keeping those games predominantly in a Sat 12:30pm slot cluster is a good move. (Worse alternative = staggered games at 6/7/8 exclusive time slots over a weekend.)

And TV games confirmed months in advance.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2024, 14:37:02 pm »

I donít think so, EFL couldnít run a pÓss up in a brewery TBH and even they managed iFollow to be broadcast at 3pm, Sky obviously made then an offer they couldnít refuse, Iím guessing the cost of running iFollow killed it for the business plan.
Silly really as all the money is in the broadcasting rights with advertising, still as I said the EFL are completely incompetent.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Risdene

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2024, 15:11:00 pm »

I must have missed when the EFL asked the millions of supporters what they wanted!
Report Spam   Logged
Lizard68

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2024, 16:05:39 pm »

Can I cancel my season ticket that was ordered yesterday? 😠 because the 12:30 kick-off time will make attending impossible for me.

THANKS SKY.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 16:09:59 pm by Lizard68 » Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker
Administrator

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2024, 17:39:28 pm »

The end of 3pm kick offs??

Michael Potts
@MichaelPotts_

3h
I'm at Sky Studios today where they have just confirmed new channel Sky Sports+ and announced...

EVERY #EFL (CH/L1/L2) team will be shown live on Sky Sports at least *20* times in 2024/25.

And *ALL 36* opening weekend matches will be broadcast live. Massive, massive shake-up.

Whatever you think about the principle of 1,000 EFL games live on TV, keeping those games predominantly in a Sat 12:30pm slot cluster is a good move. (Worse alternative = staggered games at 6/7/8 exclusive time slots over a weekend.)

And TV games confirmed months in advance.

Personally would have preferred If they would have shown at 3pm and not worry about 3-445 blackout - for away games a 1230 kick off is the worst scenario,  doesn't give enough time for travelling support a decent pub stop which can be the highlight of the day out.
I am certainly not a lover of stopping on the way home instead, just not the same.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2024, 18:42:54 pm »

I once thought of a business that would be worth setting up.

Basically; you charge an annual fee of say £180 (paid monthly via standing order - so £15 per month) - and for that you would call all of the utility companies, TV, car insurance etc etc and renegotiate their deals on your clients behalf. Obviously you would have to have certain passwords/personal details etc.

I reckon you'd get 1000's of clients. Easy to market as well.

The only reason I didn't bother was because one of my biggest bugbears in life is calling these arseholes once a year to 'renegotiate' the rates so to do it for a living would finish me off!  Grin

I could have employed people to do it but there's obvious a few complexities involved and Im too busy. But I reckon its a great idea - Id definitely pay someone 15-20quid a month to do mine for me!!!
My wife is a buyer so I've got this service in house. She actually enjoys doing it
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2024, 18:44:07 pm »

I must have missed when the EFL asked the millions of supporters what they wanted!
They probably thought "look how excited they get when their side is on the telly. Imagine how they would be if that was every single week"

Ecstatic  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2024, 18:51:37 pm »

From the Telegraph (today);

English footballís traditional 3pm TV blackout rules are designed to ensure people attend lower-league games in person rather than watching games on television. However, these rules only apply when the Premier League is also playing on a given weekend so Sky will be allowed to screen matches in that traditional slot when the EFL begins on August 9.

When the top-tier season starts the following weekend, Sky will screen 10 EFL matches per weekend, six from the Championship and two each from League One and League Two.

I hope this clarifies
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2024, 20:02:31 pm »

I'm glad I haven't got a season ticket for next season I wouldn't get to kore than 6 games so cheaper to pay when I can go
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2024, 20:25:18 pm »

I'm glad I haven't got a season ticket for next season I wouldn't get to kore than 6 games so cheaper to pay when I can go

Why's that? Only three of our Saturday afternoon home games will start at 12.30.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: