The Hotel End
June 13, 2024, 20:10:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread 2024

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread 2024  (Read 62223 times)
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #960 on: June 10, 2024, 10:49:20 am »

Is there a link to state the Club were interested in Kemp ? Is was it just a rumour that people can now use as a fact to knock the Club.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 10, 2024, 10:56:26 am »

Is there a link to state the Club were interested in Kemp ? Is was it just a rumour that people can now use as a fact to knock the Club.

Probably... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 10, 2024, 11:16:53 am »

It was just a rumour like everything on the rumours site
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 10, 2024, 11:36:40 am »

I have just amended my original Dan kemp post to help those who are under the impression that we will sign every rumour on here or have scouted and submitted bids for various players.
I wouldn’t like to be accused of personally linking every player on this thread with a concrete interest as I am not a current football agent , I am not the manager of the club and I am not one of the current board.

I would just like to clarify that situation for those in doubt

In future if any rumours are posted on here and the said player moves to a club other than Northampton town football club I will assume it was only a rumour and state it as such unless a concrete interest was intimated or heaven forbid stated by a football agent acting on behalf of said player, the manager of Northampton town football club , any of the current board of Northampton town football club or their spouses or pets .

I hope this gives clarity on my part as regards the summer transfer rumours thread 2024 and once again my sincerest apologies to anyone struggling with this concept.

Just to get the thread back on track I heard a rumour myself last night that we were interested in Harry kane but he is currently away on international duty and I must once again stress it is only a rumour and I have no cast iron confirmation that the club has been in talks with Bayern Munich at this stage.

Thankyou

Has anyone else heard any rumours that cannot be substantiated at this time?

Report Spam   Logged
ClaretCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 10, 2024, 12:31:23 pm »

This is the very last post on the Rugby, there is a thread already on the Other Football and Sports which I have already merged with the original thread on here.
The next post that mentions the oval game here will be deleted, not moved.

I am born and bred Northampton, but it still has nothing to do with rumours in relation to the Cobblers. There's other sections for that.

Thank you Terry, much appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 10, 2024, 12:46:16 pm »

Going on past practice, there have been very few, if any, rumours of players prior to their actual or immediately prior to their signing.
IMO it's a good and tight practice and long may it continue, however it makes this thread almost redundant unless the 'rumour' comes from ntfclad... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 10, 2024, 13:46:10 pm »

Shoemaker, thank you for amending your post where you stated NTFC were interested in signing Kemp. thats better,  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
wazzacobbler10

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 10, 2024, 15:11:02 pm »

No one said we were 100% linked to him, we’re discussing it because it’s a transfer rumours page kinda specifically for that kind of comment. No one also knocking the club just saying he would have been a good player to go after, they might have someone even better lined up who knows. Either way it’s a rumour page and we can talk about it Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 10, 2024, 17:05:20 pm »

I have just amended my original Dan kemp post to help those who are under the impression that we will sign every rumour on here or have scouted and submitted bids for various players.
I wouldn’t like to be accused of personally linking every player on this thread with a concrete interest as I am not a current football agent , I am not the manager of the club and I am not one of the current board.

I would just like to clarify that situation for those in doubt

In future if any rumours are posted on here and the said player moves to a club other than Northampton town football club I will assume it was only a rumour and state it as such unless a concrete interest was intimated or heaven forbid stated by a football agent acting on behalf of said player, the manager of Northampton town football club , any of the current board of Northampton town football club or their spouses or pets .

I hope this gives clarity on my part as regards the summer transfer rumours thread 2024 and once again my sincerest apologies to anyone struggling with this concept.

Just to get the thread back on track I heard a rumour myself last night that we were interested in Harry kane but he is currently away on international duty and I must once again stress it is only a rumour and I have no cast iron confirmation that the club has been in talks with Bayern Munich at this stage.

Thankyou

Has anyone else heard any rumours that cannot be substantiated at this time?

Unmhh! Admit I followed TCobbs line of thinking but I take your explanation with a tiny pinch of salt . I sometimes wonder if you post such rumours in haste. You might have taken the time to advise that Kemp was with MKD*; and seems to have played a lot of his football in League 2. He does appear to be injury free! Happy to be corrected!
* or Swindon!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 10, 2024, 17:10:32 pm »

Unmhh! Admit I followed TCobbs line of thinking but I take your explanation with a tiny pinch of salt . I sometimes wonder if you post such rumours in haste. You might have taken the time to advise that Kemp was with MKD*; and seems to have played a lot of his football in League 2. He does appear to be injury free! Happy to be corrected!
* or Swindon!
Why would I want to advise who he played for?
The infos is out there for anyone to check players careers.
As regards posting rumours in haste , again they are in the public domain on various forums so as with most rumours they are only reposted.
Ie) I have read them elsewhere before reposting on here so it can hardly be in haste when it is second hand info.
Report Spam   Logged
ClaretCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 10, 2024, 17:23:04 pm »

Alan Nixon on twitter reporting we've moved ahead of the competition to sign a midfielder from Crystal Palace... doesn't say which one though as you have to pay to read the article on his patreon.

Apparently we were linked with Jack Wells-Morrison in January so could be him, I've also seen Malachi Boateng's name being linked with a load of League One clubs on twitter, so that's another option...
Report Spam   Logged
ClaretCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 10, 2024, 17:41:13 pm »

Alan Nixon on twitter reporting we've moved ahead of the competition to sign a midfielder from Crystal Palace... doesn't say which one though as you have to pay to read the article on his patreon.

Apparently we were linked with Jack Wells-Morrison in January so could be him, I've also seen Malachi Boateng's name being linked with a load of League One clubs on twitter, so that's another option...

A stevenage fan on twitter reckons it's Malachi Boateng, we've beaten them to him according to the article.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 10, 2024, 17:42:30 pm »

Another X rumour confirms it's Malachi Boateng...

Guess as Stevenage got Dan Kemp they've perhaps cooled their interest in this fella...

Hoping ntfclad posts an update here soon.

Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 10, 2024, 18:07:18 pm »

Looking at this stats, his closest match compared to last years squad is Sowerby. Compared to McWilliams, he tackles less and dribbles less, but intercepts more and a bit more accurate with passing... overall still more of a defensive player or all rounder than a creator. Certainly not quite the leonard replacement, but he is also very young. Wonder if that's another loan.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 18:09:56 pm by Welly Cobb » Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 10, 2024, 18:44:20 pm »

Hiram Boatengs brother who we also had on loan from Palace in 2017 who is now at Mansfield.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: June 10, 2024, 18:58:25 pm »

The Boateng rumour has been on Twitter since the end of May. I have to admit, that I didnt think that it was a very reliable source.
Its nice to see that something could be happening though. Just need a few strikers for the excitement to start.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 10, 2024, 19:56:43 pm »

Rumours that we have missed a few targets by offering league 2 wages (don't shoot the messenger) it's a rumour I heard.
Report Spam   Logged
Observing

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 10, 2024, 20:07:34 pm »

If we’ve gazumped someone to get Boateng then I assume everyone will celebrate as much as they moan when we “miss out”
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 10, 2024, 20:10:58 pm »

If we’ve gazumped someone to get Boateng then I assume everyone will celebrate as much as they moan when we “miss out”
Celebrate signing a player most wouldn't have heard or even see play, are you back with the podcast massive now?
Report Spam   Logged
Observing

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 10, 2024, 20:13:33 pm »

Celebrate signing a player most wouldn't have heard or even see play, are you back with the podcast massive now?

Brap.

We may not even sign him! Just a comment on people moaning on us missing out on targets that we have no idea if they were even targets.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: