The Hotel End
May 25, 2024, 16:39:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

THE RETAINED LIST

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE RETAINED LIST  (Read 1714 times)
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: April 29, 2024, 14:26:53 pm »

Northampton Town Football Club have announced the following retained list at the end of the 2023/24 season.

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT
Patrick Brough, James Dadge**, Max Dyche, Jon Guthrie, Will Hondermarck, Sam Hoskins, Ali Koiki, Harvey Lintott, Tyler Magloire, Aaron McGowan, Manny Monthe, Akin Odimayo*, Mitch Pinnock, Jack Sowerby, Josh Tomlinson,Reuben Wyatt***

*The club have triggered an option in Akin Odimayo’s existing contract
** James Dadge has signed a new professional contract.
*** The club have triggered a third year scholarship for midfielder Reuben Wyatt, the LFE League One Apprentice of the Season, which will see Reuben join the first team squad next season.

PLAYERS OFFERED NEW CONTRACTS
Louis Appere, Lee Burge, Ben Fox, Shaun McWilliams, Sam Sherring, Jordan Willis

PLAYERS RELEASED
Peter Abimbola, Dominic Gape, Ryan Haynes, Danny Hylton, Liam Moore

LOAN PLAYERS RETURNING TO THEIR PARENT CLUBS
Kieron Bowie, Marc Leonard, Louie Moulden, Tyreece Simpson, Tony Springett

"First and foremost, on behalf of everyone at the club, we would like to thank those players leaving us this summer for their efforts," said manager Jon Brady.

"They have all played a part in our progress over the last few seasons, and we wish them all every success for the future.

"We have made contract offers to some players and we will see what happens over the summer months.

"We have enjoyed three good seasons in succession and we are looking forward to the challenge of recruiting the players to continue this progress.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 14:34:41 pm »

This transfer window is huge for us.

Hylton is going to free up a decent chunk of the wage budget and replacing him with someone who plays the majority of games could be massive.

I feel the loan market will be key again as Bowie and Leonard leave a massive hole in the squad and we will struggle to get a permanent singing to replace Leonard especially.

I doubt Sherring will sign which is a real shame but actually feel Appere potentially going could be a bigger problem for the squad.

Overall it is going to be a busy window and I hope we get some deals done early, especially attack midfield and upfront which are often the hardest positions to fill!

Report Spam   Logged

TVOR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 14:36:01 pm »

Pretty much as expected. Hard to really draw a conclusion on the players offered a contract as we dont know what the contract is.
Seems Sherring is likely to be off, McWilliams will depend of if they have met his / his agents valuation and Burge on if he will be first or second choice.

Looking forward to the summer and what they can do. Hope they get it all sorted, ins and outs, for pre season.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 14:39:02 pm »

No big surprises with that list. There is however a difference between being offered a new contract, and accepting it.
I do hope that we do not get strung along by people who like to dilly dally about what to do next.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 14:40:47 pm »

Happy with that. With the exception of the loan players. Not too worried if Appere and McWilliams go. McWilliams can't be asking for too much with his injury record.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 14:42:58 pm »

When you think about it Hylton did end up being a massive weight around the neck. Getting rid of that has to be a real positive.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 14:45:02 pm »

When you think about it Hylton did end up being a massive weight around the neck.

No sh*t Sherlock  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 14:48:09 pm »

When you think about it Hylton did end up being a massive weight around the neck. Getting rid of that has to be a real positive.

You wait and see. He'll put 20+ in for Boro next season. With an hattrick against us.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 15:05:58 pm »

No sh*t Sherlock  Smiley
It’s a talent I have. Talking of which what are we doing about that charity thing?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 15:09:22 pm »

You wait and see. He'll put 20+ in for Boro next season. With an hattrick against us.
That would be about right.
Report Spam   Logged

DavCobb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 15:15:27 pm »

It’s a talent I have. Talking of which what are we doing about that charity thing?

I have done quite a bit for the charity this year but was embarrassed to ask again. You and Tom put in and I wouldn’t expect anything else….that’s on Hylton!
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 15:18:54 pm »

I thought that as soon as I saw him play at the very beginning of his contract. My only hope was that he might be as good as McKenzie at making light of his obvious injury issues and somehow magic up some goals purely by stealth. Never got close. He hasn't even acknowledged the end of his contract on his twitter account.

Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 15:20:24 pm »

Wellingborough? No.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2024, 15:22:55 pm »

As others have said pretty much as expected. I'm not bothered about keeping McWilliams as he's been a massive disappointment this season, even when not injured he's not been very good in my opinion. I'd be happy for Fox and AK to stay as long as they stay fit, but obviously that can't be guaranteed so I guess both would be a gamble. Burge I would only keep as second choice as long as we can recruit a decent No 1 - that Beadle on loan from Brighton would be a good choice if we could get him. I would like Louis and Willis to stay, pity about Moore but we can only carry so many injury prone players.

I really hope Tyler Magloire can get and stay fit as he could be a big asset next season.

I was really excited when we signed Hylton but I am so glad he has now finally gone. Frankly I had forgotten about Lintott, we've seen so little of him.

Looking forward to who comes in during the summer.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2024, 15:30:26 pm »

I would want McWilliams to stay (a really decent Defensive Central Midfielder on his day) but am surprised we have offered Burge a new contract.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2024, 15:34:08 pm »

I have done quite a bit for the charity this year but was embarrassed to ask again. You and Tom put in and I wouldn’t expect anything else….that’s on Hylton!
Now you’re being so charming about it I feel obliged, pm me.
Report Spam   Logged

Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2024, 15:34:34 pm »

No surprises. Sounds unlikely that Sherring + McWilliams will sign. Not devastated by that as think its time for Shaun to go now (injuries and lack of form towards the end of the season) and whereas losing Sherring will be a bit of a blow, we have a good track record with finding CBs. Wouldnt be surprised if Dyche, Lintott, Hondermarck + Monthe will all be allowed to leave if they can find another club.

Never really been impressed with Dyche, so happy for him to leave. Hondermarck has something but not consistently - decent cover but can't see him breaking in to a 1st team regular. Same for Lintott - he always looks dangerous going forward and would like to see more of him, but JB obviously doesnt fancy him. I enjoy Monthe - he does a job and provides good cover so think he's worth hanging on to.

Will be an interesting window with reinforcing + strengthening needed across all departments.
Report Spam   Logged
45Yearsandstillsupporting

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2024, 15:45:23 pm »

Think the retained list is as expected, we need to have a bit more attacking spark from Midfield and a finisher up front.  We knew Bowie and Leonard wouldn't be here next season but hopefully, clubs in Premiership/Championship will see that both have developed this season and may be happy to loan players to us.  Also, on the retained list doesn't mean they will all start next season if offers come in, happy to sell a couple of them on this list!
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2024, 15:53:07 pm »

As others have said pretty much as expected. I'm not bothered about keeping McWilliams as he's been a massive disappointment this season, even when not injured he's not been very good in my opinion. I'd be happy for Fox and AK to stay as long as they stay fit, but obviously that can't be guaranteed so I guess both would be a gamble. Burge I would only keep as second choice as long as we can recruit a decent No 1 - that Beadle on loan from Brighton would be a good choice if we could get him. I would like Louis and Willis to stay, pity about Moore but we can only carry so many injury prone players.

I really hope Tyler Magloire can get and stay fit as he could be a big asset next season.

I was really excited when we signed Hylton but I am so glad he has now finally gone. Frankly I had forgotten about Lintott, we've seen so little of him.

Looking forward to who comes in during the summer.

He is currently excelling at Sheffield Wednesday so sadly there is zero to no chance we get him, great keeper though!
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2024, 15:58:13 pm »

This could be interesting as it's filled in;

https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/04/29/league-one-retained-list/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: