The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 02:49:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

"Threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language"

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language"  (Read 2302 times)
WboroCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« on: April 07, 2011, 22:08:28 pm »

Anyone else received a letter today from NTFC regarding threatening behaviour, foul or abusive from people sitting behind the dugouts?

It claims to have been sent to all season ticket holders who sit there threatening to close the area if it doesn't stop.

Two things I object too - if the club have a problem with this, find the culprits and deal with them - don't treat everyone like naughty schoolboys. The second is what bad behaviour? I have sat there since the ground opened and have never come across anything remotely threatening.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 22:10:49 pm »

You dont get behaviour like this in the north stand  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest47

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 22:18:27 pm »

Anyone else received a letter today from NTFC regarding threatening behaviour, foul or abusive from people sitting behind the dugouts?

It claims to have been sent to all season ticket holders who sit there threatening to close the area if it doesn't stop.

Two things I object too - if the club have a problem with this, find the culprits and deal with them - don't treat everyone like naughty schoolboys. The second is what bad behaviour? I have sat there since the ground opened and have never come across anything remotely threatening.

If that is the case it's brilliant in its absolute stupidity.
Perhaps we should offer Wayne Rooney a season ticket there.
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 22:18:56 pm »

presumably there has been a complaint? but, from who?
Report Spam   Logged
WboroCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 22:22:23 pm »

I know of two of us who have had one. No mention of who complained.

"We have been warned by the Football Association and the Football League that if these incidents do not cease we could be forced to close the area of the ground in which you sit to protect the match officials and players and staff from both teams"

As I said - I have seen 99.99% of games at Sixfields and have never ever seen an incident. Referees get moaned at but whats new?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 22:30:44 pm »

I know of two of us who have had one.            Referees get moaned at but whats new?
Both my son and myself received the letter and I've NEVER moaned about a ref ............well maybe one or two  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
WboroCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 22:33:40 pm »

Whats it all about Roger?

Don't worry I don't think its because the ref doesnt like being told the opposition is wasting time :-)
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 22:36:36 pm »

Paul Buckle's post match interview springs to mind...
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest48

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 22:38:19 pm »

Whats it all about Roger?

Don't worry I don't think its because the ref doesnt like being told the opposition is wasting time :-)

I haven't got a clue what it's about Tim ,do you think its your dad secretly abusing the officals  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
WboroCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 23:00:09 pm »

Could be you know what these pensioners are like  Smiley

Totally ridiculous situation. All the club have to do is sit there for a game and if anyone is out of order then speak to them. Rather than that they must have written a couple of hundred letters of which the vast majority will go to people who dont even open their mouths for 90 minutes. Great PR.
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 23:03:08 pm »

Yep, sounds like our club to me.
Report Spam   Logged

TheBigPicture

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 23:23:57 pm »

It's obviously directed at the halfwits who are in GJ's ear every five minutes, i should also imagine they take a grim view of people thinking they can just stroll up and confront the manager whenever they see fit - acting up like they're some kind of authoritative figure or something.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 06:00:54 am »

Some dispicable individual sat somewhere around me in the West satnd farted at the last home game, I'm writing to the club to complain. In fact, now I think of it, the bloke behind me has terrible breath, that'll be a letter all on it's own. I bet you don't get this at the rugby.
Report Spam   Logged
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 06:20:39 am »

I hope this isn't aimed at me  Undecided

I sit behind the home bench and i've never noticed anyone being threatening. Occasionally opposing managers get stick but if thats upset them then I think they probably need to look at the way they conduct themselves. Most managers do conduct themselves in a professional way and the fans leave them alone and they even enjoy a joke with the home fans. There are a small number of managers, who will spend the game in the assistant refs ear asking for every decision and others who are blatantly cheating or trying to get players sent off.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:07:32 am by Trotty » Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:54 am »

I expect this has stemmed from the incident where some absolute wanker confronted GJ and also where one of our fans confronted Guy Branston?
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 09:22:43 am »

Shocking.... I thought the West Stand Centre was full of rich folk with manners of an etiquette trainer  Grin

Maybe they meant to send it to us poor folk in the North lol.....
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 09:25:48 am »

Shocking.... I thought the West Stand Centre was full of rich folk with manners of an etiquette trainer  Grin

Maybe they meant to send it to us poor folk in the North lol.....

No, it just proves that the more passionated support frequents the West Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 09:28:51 am »

Do you ever give up Tedward.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 09:55:57 am »

Its so easy to forget that these over excited fans pay £19 week in week out and have a right to enjoy letting Off a bit of steam, remembering the last time the dickheads thought it would be a good idea to remove 100 seats at the back of the north and place stewards there, completely emptied the area and killed the atmosphere in the ground.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 09:56:40 am »

That passionate that the north stand never hear  west stand sing (except towards away end occasionally)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: