The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:43:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alistair Slowe

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alistair Slowe  (Read 61538 times)
TheBigPicture

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2010, 20:47:15 pm »

No one really knows anything about him

You do realise that this also applies to you.  Roll Eyes

But the only thing i will concede and if i'm being brutally honest, when i first saw the pics gallery of pre-season training, and no joke when i say this, but Alistair Slowe's posture didnt strike me as someone who was anywhere close to portraying a pro footballer.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2010, 20:48:12 pm »

I'll eat my hat if he makes it as any kind of pro. I've not even seen him play, but am pretty confident he isn't a footballer.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2010, 21:25:00 pm »

I don't mean to sound harsh on the man, as obviously it's a silly thing to go by his posture alone, but i'll just be intrigued to hear the general opinion once he's had some decent playing time.
Given he signed a deal here apparently without so much as a trial, and together with his dubious playing record of playing for some far-out Ghanaian third division side, it just interests me as i'll be staggered to understand just how we can actually sign someone if they have absolutely nothing to offer.

One would expect to see him feature more in the Nuneaton game, but if not then.... Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Tiki-Taka

View Profile
Mobile User Level 5 Combination
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2010, 21:43:36 pm »

It's at times like this when we need to take a deep breath and trust Sammo and DC. Either:

a) The kid is a decent footballer who Sammo thinks is worth taking a chance on or

b) The kid isn't going to feature but isn't costing us anything and therefore there are some alternative benefits of entering in to a deal with the player or his representitives - i.e. a no lose scenario as far as Sammo is concerned

Option c) - The kid isn't going to feature as a player and is costing us money - does not exist as far as I am concerned given Sammo's strong leadership and limited budget

My gut feel is that it is option b but time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2010, 21:51:11 pm »

I was also thinking option b.....gotta be some reason for us taking him on...
Report Spam   Logged
footyfollower

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2010, 22:07:49 pm »

Still no Alistair Slowe? How do we explain this? He must be worth at least 3 minutes this time. Or... have they noticed in training that the 12 month contract is a bit of a mystery.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2010, 00:14:07 am »

I get the impression he's a Billy Lumley, just with a lot longer contract. Huh?  Any chance they could sign me too, i was always the last to be picked though, but whats small details got to do with anything.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2010, 07:12:50 am »

It's at times like this when we need to take a deep breath and trust Sammo and DC. Either:

a) The kid is a decent footballer who Sammo thinks is worth taking a chance on or

b) The kid isn't going to feature but isn't costing us anything and therefore there are some alternative benefits of entering in to a deal with the player or his representitives - i.e. a no lose scenario as far as Sammo is concerned

Option c) - The kid isn't going to feature as a player and is costing us money - does not exist as far as I am concerned given Sammo's strong leadership and limited budget

My gut feel is that it is option b but time will tell.

It's looking more and more likely that it's option B, unless Sammo is keeping him up his sleeve to unleash as a secret weapon at Torquay, however i very much doubt this.

The trouble of option b is that it does look slightly unprofessional, like we have auctioned a squad place to the highest bidder. I would worry that this might harm our reputation to other footballing professionals.
Report Spam   Logged
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2010, 09:17:31 am »

Im trying to think if we have ever had a similar deal with a football agency,the only time we were ever anywhere near it was when Fash was going to populate the squad with his players from Africa.
Something is not quite right here, but im not willing to risk putting my foot in it to suggest anything else
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2010, 10:02:09 am »

If he's not going to play then why not give him a pair of maracas and get him to dance in front of the North stand?
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2010, 10:27:51 am »

If he's not going to play then why not give him a pair of maracas and get him to dance in front of the North stand?

Why?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2010, 14:13:01 pm »

footyfollower, you really need to let it go mate.
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2010, 14:55:20 pm »

"Like the film Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, Dr. Slowe now has his son Alistair caught up in the adventure, teaching kids football in Ghana, helping change their lives"

If he cant play football then have him as a youth coach.
Wikipedia is a marvelous tool
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2010, 17:30:19 pm »

Maybe Sammo was made to sign him at gunpoint, you just never know...
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2010, 18:27:43 pm »

I received an email over the weekend entitled "Assistance Required - Blocked Funds".  It read:

Dear Honourable sirs, I would like to introduce myself to your excellency's institution. I am Chief Skamakashi of the most distinguished Kotoka tribe of Ghana.  Kotoka tribe has vast mineral wealth and diamonds on our tribal lands first exploited to Mr Tiny Jerry Rollins of the reputable Longrow mining company of London.  A sum of American Dollars 36,467,298.32 is blocked in escrow with the United Bank of Ghana for first extraction royalty and we should beg your assistance in releasing our funds.  Please expedite this by sending your bank details to this address by return.  In return you will be rewarded with contract signature for our most revered and exalted youth soccerball prospect, Alistair Slowe of her majesty's great United Kingdom of Great Britain. who has excelled in the Working Mines League of Ghana federation and for whom Prince Cantonment has already declined offer of $3,646,729.83 from famous club Royal Madrid.   

Should I send my bank details?
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2010, 19:36:45 pm »

There was a fella who did that & many others & wrote a book about it, made quite interesting reading, just wish I could remember the book title Huh? Something like Cherry Pickings Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2010, 22:08:26 pm »

Nice to see him get a game today, oh wait...
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2010, 22:21:27 pm »

Nice to see him get a game today, oh wait...

He did do a pretty thorough warm up though....
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2010, 17:33:12 pm »

Apparently he has had some knocks but has yet to impress sammo, does Crosby sign all these players?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2010, 17:40:27 pm »

I'm not sure that this signing was done in accordince with traditional methods or reasons but who knows
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: