The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:22:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alistair Slowe

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alistair Slowe  (Read 61605 times)
MikeNTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2010, 01:22:58 am »

Maybe Ive looked in all the wrong places, but there 'registered' address... I can't find any other proof of it...

But it seems they do share the address with http://www.londonfootball-academy.co.uk/#/about-us/4544977223
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:26:53 am by MikeNTFC » Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2010, 01:33:45 am »

What the f*** is going on there? This all looks very dodgy, bit concerned we're now caught up in all of it having signed Slowe. Wasn't one of his parents on the original "team" of this agency?

Now been replaced by Father of the Bride, apparently.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2010, 19:22:15 pm »

The answer to all of this is at the beginning of this thread...the agency is owned by his Dad and Malcolm Crosby is named as one of just a few other clients. Alistair has only ever played where his family has lived - Cyprus and Ghana. I pointed this out at the beginning, but got slated for suggesting this might be some kind of a problem. That said, if his Dad and not the club is paying his wages, then I'm not sure it's that big a deal.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2010, 19:39:26 pm »

I don't really care anymore to be honest, he is just a competition winner basically.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2010, 20:00:34 pm »

It's a joke
Report Spam   Logged
John

« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2010, 20:20:02 pm »

The answer to all of this is at the beginning of this thread...the agency is owned by his Dad and Malcolm Crosby is named as one of just a few other clients. Alistair has only ever played where his family has lived - Cyprus and Ghana. I pointed this out at the beginning, but got slated for suggesting this might be some kind of a problem. That said, if his Dad and not the club is paying his wages, then I'm not sure it's that big a deal.

The problem is the agency isn't really an agency. There is no licensed agent working for them. The names of the staff are fake. Ali Slowe mentioned one of those people (Beard) which means he also knows what's going on.

How does a bung work?
On very rare occasions an agent will give money to someone working for a football club for helping the deal take place.
This is against the rules of football.
An agent could give a bung to a manager for telling his chairman he wants to buy a player that agent works for.
The agent would pay the money because they would then get money themselves when the deal takes place.
An agent could also give a bung to a chief scout for recommending one of his players to a manager or club.
Bungs can be worth tens of thousands of pounds.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2010, 20:30:24 pm »

Mick Beard does exist.  He was a scout for Millwall and Charlton.  Google him and he is namechecked on a number of former players.

Given here is an example of his scouting he should not be trusted!

http://reference.findtarget.com/search/Leon%20Constantine/
Report Spam   Logged
John

« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2010, 20:45:20 pm »

Mick Beard does exist.  He was a scout for Millwall and Charlton.  Google him and he is namechecked on a number of former players.

Given here is an example of his scouting he should not be trusted!

http://reference.findtarget.com/search/Leon%20Constantine/

Maybe he does then? Doesn't explain what's going on here tho http://london-footballagency.com/#/our-team/4544486364.  His name has been changed/replaced by "Colin Wayne". Still can't get over "Lionel Garry" haha
Report Spam   Logged
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2010, 22:30:28 pm »

I know someone within the FA, going to ask about the 'Fa Licence' this organisation claims to have.
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2010, 08:06:10 am »

I wonder how he was introduced to the rest of the squad...
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2010, 10:13:26 am »

I imagine it went something like this:

Ian Sampson: Guys, this is Alistair Slowe. He plays right midfield.
TEAM: Hi!
Alistair Slowe: Hello
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
bigcitylights

« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2010, 12:42:32 pm »

Did anyone see him doing an impression of a dog on the pitch at HT on Saturday?  Rodgers in particular thought it was hilarious.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2010, 12:49:19 pm »

I missed that, sounds a hoot though  Wink

Found it mildly amusing the Vale subs having to come to the North Stand to ask for their ball back.
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2010, 13:57:13 pm »

I imagine it went something like this:

Ian Sampson: Guys, this is Alistair Slowe. He plays right midfield.
TEAM: Hi!
Alistair Slowe: Hello

Ok... I wonder what the other players said about Slowe after his first training session?

Maybe they complimented his impressive six pack  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2010, 17:03:00 pm »

Did the creators of that site not even have enough common sense to realise that we know who Steve Martin is, and that no-one in their right mind would mistake him for Lionel Garry, who might I add doesn't even exist.
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2010, 21:58:50 pm »

What a weird site! On their 'books' they have a 16 year old keeper who currently plays for Cantonments FC and has scored 5 goals!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2010, 22:12:31 pm »

Watching Slowe warm up in front of us on saturday was great entertainment. I don't think he is capable of straightening his legs.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2010, 22:29:25 pm »

Will he ever play in the Football League?

What sort of reception will he get if he ever does come on?

Will he come on and be the best thing since sliced bread because Sammo has been protecting the future Ghana International?

Will he end up on Strictly showing off his fabulous warm up routines?

Will he suddenly appear on Rooneys Unbelievable Tekkers show with street ball skills to rival anyone?  (but can't play football to save his life)

Will he be transferred to a Championship side in the January window for some good money because their scout believes he can improve their warm up techniques? 

Tongue Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2010, 00:06:08 am »

Will he ever play in the Football League?

What sort of reception will he get if he ever does come on?

Will he come on and be the best thing since sliced bread because Sammo has been protecting the future Ghana International?

Will he end up on Strictly showing off his fabulous warm up routines?

Will he suddenly appear on Rooneys Unbelievable Tekkers show with street ball skills to rival anyone?  (but can't play football to save his life)

Will he be transferred to a Championship side in the January window for some good money because their scout believes he can improve their warm up techniques? 

Tongue Wink

Do you have any more options?
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:09 am »

Hers a prime candidate for im a (not) celebrity up there with aggro whatsisname
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36   Go Up
  Print