The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:04:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alistair Slowe

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alistair Slowe  (Read 61566 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #380 on: December 27, 2010, 18:36:30 pm »

What's a cantonment?

A cantonment (pronounced /kænˈtɒnmənt/, /kænˈtoʊnmənt/, or UK: /kænˈtuːnmənt/) is a temporary or semi-permanent military quarters.[1] The word cantonment is derived from the French word canton meaning corner or district.[2] In Southern Asia, the term cantonment also describes permanent military stations.[1] Cantonments can be found in Bangladesh, India, ****stan, South Africa, Ghana, Sri Lanka and Nepal. In United States military parlance, a cantonment is an essentially permanent residential (i.e. barracks) section of a fort or other such military installation.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
4everdelayed

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #381 on: December 27, 2010, 19:00:30 pm »

It's like he's filming a spoof documentary. Whoever his PR man is they're pretty good, the boy does more interviews than David Cameron

Slowe: Football Learnings of Northampton for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Ghana
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #382 on: December 28, 2010, 11:47:46 am »

I often equate 'fringes of the first team' with 'not even playing in pre-season games when we were playing our 16 year old youth teamers'.

He's too innocent to be Sturat Baggs. It's not aggressive denial and more just delusional. It's more like the early rounds of X-Factor than the Apprentice.

Saying that, I've still yet to see him play, or kick a ball further than Paul Rogers in warm-up.
Report Spam   Logged
RussNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2010, 08:21:51 am »

Slowe can work as hard as he likes, but it does not mean he is good enough to get into the first team and thats the whole point??!! 6 months at a club without a game tells its own story......must try harder!
Report Spam   Logged

I moan because I care!
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2010, 12:47:03 pm »

I've emailed Cantonments asking for some information about Mr Slowe Junior and how he did whilst there. I asked about any match reports but have yet to receive a response. If I get one then I will share the love.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
DustCobb

« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2010, 12:51:19 pm »

Suspect you might get an e-mail back telling you that you have won a large cash sum and to send your bank details.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2010, 13:46:54 pm »

But you just said he can work as hard as he likes but he's not good enough? Then you say he must try harder? I'm confused.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
John

« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2010, 22:11:19 pm »

I've emailed Cantonments asking for some information about Mr Slowe Junior and how he did whilst there. I asked about any match reports but have yet to receive a response. If I get one then I will share the love.

No point. The club was set-up by Slowe's dad via the projects abroad company. How the hell do you think Slowe played there? Your better off contacting http://www.projects-abroad.co.uk/ and try to get hold of Peter Slowe directly. Failing that add Ali Slowe on Facebook, or ex Reading youth team captain Harrison Bayley who plays for the same Cypriot team Slowe "played" for (He didn't).

http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/harrison_bayley_signs_for_cypriot_club.html
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #388 on: December 31, 2010, 18:13:35 pm »

I cannot believe that Sky Sports have felt fit to write such a gushing article about a player who has done absolutely nothing and whose back story has more holes than St Andrews golf course.

So he messed up a "trial" at Newcastle because of the ash cloud and then his calf muscle went and then every one of the Newcastle coaching staff were hit by lightening etc etc.

Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 31, 2010, 18:18:17 pm »

sounds like Alessandro Zarelli.

http://www.nonleaguefootballhistory.co.uk/Alessandro-Zarelli.html
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2010, 18:33:21 pm »

His dad probably set that up aswell Roll Eyes Slowe is like some sort of male Paris Hilton the way he lives off his dad. Obviously Paris Hilton is slightly better to look at
Report Spam   Logged
Tiki-Taka

View Profile
Mobile User Level 5 Combination
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2010, 18:35:51 pm »

Perhaps it is the season of goodwill, or old age, that is making me go soft but is there really any harm being done here ??.......

Alistair Slowe really really really really really wants to be a footballer and has the self belief /delusion that he can make it.

Alistair Slowe's dad love his son and wants to do whatever makes him happy. He is fortunate enough to be minted and well contected in the media world so throws money and resource behind making his son happy. He manufactuers the Cobblers opportunity like he has others previously

The Cobblers are NOT losing out financially (and are possibly making money) from the arrangement and get an extra body to join in training. He will never play for the 1st team so no harm is being done if they play along.

Alistair is a happy chappy as he is living the dream (autographs at Anfield, the life of a pro-footballer, playing football everyday rather than grafting) and milking the PR opportunities. When this dream ends, daddy's money will find him another playing, coaching, media job (delete as appropriate depeding on how his ego deals rejection after rejection)

Mr Slowe Snr is happy as he is giving his kid the opportunity he wants and the PR all points back to his company / agency / wallet

Good luck to the kid. Plenty of things to make one unhappy in life so let's not deny him his fun whilst it lasts, it isn't at ours or the club's expense.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #392 on: December 31, 2010, 18:47:17 pm »

It's £150 a week that the cobblers arn't seeing while his here!
Report Spam   Logged
John

« Reply #393 on: December 31, 2010, 23:56:44 pm »

Last time I checked we were a professional club. Pro clubs don't let any random person train with them, or SIGN A CONTRACT, without seeing him play first or getting the approval of the manager. Regardless of who they or their daddy are.

As has been previously said, there are plenty of more deserving players including out of contract pro's, young players released from higher division clubs, kids in the Glenn Hoddle Academy, and plenty of other TALENTED kids in college football academies.

We shouldn't deny him his fun? So it's OK to, as rumoured, break FA laws regarding illegal payments, lie and cheat your way through interviews and possibly put the club as risk of penalties from the FA.

Jesus, their must be a shortage of players around.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #394 on: January 01, 2011, 00:03:50 am »

Last time I checked we were a professional club. Pro clubs don't let any random person train with them, or SIGN A CONTRACT, without seeing him play first or getting the approval of the manager. Regardless of who they or their daddy are.

As has been previously said, there are plenty of more deserving players including out of contract pro's, young players released from higher division clubs, kids in the Glenn Hoddle Academy, and plenty of other TALENTED kids in college football academies.

We shouldn't deny him his fun? So it's OK to, as rumoured, break FA laws regarding illegal payments, lie and cheat your way through interviews and possibly put the club as risk of penalties from the FA.

Jesus, their must be a shortage of players around.

Is there any proof he's done any of these things?
Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 01, 2011, 00:13:12 am »

Yeah, thats why he said 'as rumoured' so he's not said he's definitely done it Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #396 on: January 01, 2011, 00:27:06 am »

Well if it's just pure conjecture he shouldn't be making accusations based on it then, should he?
Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 01, 2011, 00:28:59 am »

Well if it's just pure conjecture he shouldn't be making accusations based on it then, should he?

He's not making accusations! I think he's going along the lines of 'if the rumours are true, if hes done this, that and the other then why should we potentially go in the s*** for some lads fun'

Dont read what isnt there!
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 01, 2011, 09:15:36 am »

What happened to the Chron article looking into all of this?
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 01, 2011, 09:38:15 am »

it's like if Souness had kept Ali Dia on for the full season.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: