The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:00:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alistair Slowe

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alistair Slowe  (Read 61661 times)
John

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #400 on: January 01, 2011, 10:14:32 am »

Well if it's just pure conjecture he shouldn't be making accusations based on it then, should he?

I think its fair to say we've seen this situation develop through time on this thread. Plenty of other posted have made comments like: The clubs benefiting financially etc. It may not be as direct as take £££ and sign Slowe, but if its take Slowe and I will pump some money into the club, that's still not allowed.

Regarding the lying in interviews accusation. Of course he has.

1. He said he played in Ghana after his dad had a business contact there. He actually was there as a volunteer through his dads company, and maybe played, and coached for his dads club Cantonments.

2. He said he met by chance a scout in Ghana called Mick Beard, who he didn't know before. Funny that Beard is listed on Slowe's dads agency, if that's what you can call it, as football consultant.

3. He didn't play one game in Cyprus. The level there is high. Harrison Bayley is the ex Reading youth team captain, and is playing there. It's not a level for amateurs.

4. Mick Beard is not a Newcastle scout, and seriously, did he really have a trial with Newcastle?

Had you not picked up an injury before going on trial there, do you think you could be a Newcastle player now?

Maybe. These things happen in football. It is true that I got an injury a few days before the trial. Especially on the first day, there were a lot of nerves and on top of that you have to play through the pain barrier – you try and clear it from your head but every time you do something it hurts, so you don’t want to push it too far because you’ve got a week there and you want to do your best. You don’t want to tell them you’re injured. I think I maybe could have been signed for Newcastle had I not had the injury but, like I said, these things happen in football. I’m quite happy at Northampton but I hope that in the future I will get another opportunity to play at Newcastle, to play in their first team at St James’ Park - but that’s for the future, hopefully.

Was it true that it took you four days to get to Newcastle because of the volcano going off in Iceland?

Yeah. We were meant to leave on the Thursday before the trial started and just fly all the way to Newcastle but, on the Sunday, it looked as though we weren’t going to be able to do that so we flew from Larnaca to Athens and then from Athens to Rome and then we drove all the way across Europe and then took the train from Lille to Newcastle where we arrived on the Thursday. On the second day we were driving for about twelve or thirteen hours.

In this interview, there was no mention in any previous questions about Newcastle; injuries, delays etc. Unless the "interviewer" had a very in depth knowledge about Slowe's life, this was obviously done themselves and sent onto the website.

You then have all the stuff with there other agency site, which has now been deleted. Remember Lionel Garry, the agent who didn't exist, with the picture of Steve Martin. Slowe's dads name was replaced by Christopher Banks etc etc.

Don't worry tho, all is not as bad as it seems. We've still got those 20 goals to come. Come on!

I won’t score 20 goals a season but I might set up 20 goals a season for you, if not more, so I would say I’m more of a creative player, really.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #401 on: January 01, 2011, 12:14:52 pm »

And still taking up one of the vital seven places on the subs bench?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
EastNpton

« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2011, 16:42:32 pm »

You'd think that the Slowe affair would be a gd little investigative journalism gig for the likes of Jefferson Lake and Steve Riches but no they are both too busy writing about car boot sales etc
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2011, 18:04:13 pm »

Its perhaps in their interests not to dig too deeply?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2011, 18:16:54 pm »

The truth will be interesting, especially following Sammo's recent comment.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #405 on: January 01, 2011, 18:24:57 pm »

The truth will be interesting, especially following Sammo's recent comment.  Cool

What was that Deepcut? Im intruiged now!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2011, 18:37:44 pm »

From a post by 'Power Football' reporting what was said at the last Trust Forum:

A few points as i remember them:

Slowe - He was signed on a recomendation and Sammo decided to take a chance on him because of the budget, however he is currently no where near first team standard yet and Sammo isn't sure that he ever will be...
Guinan - Has turned down 3 offers from Conference Clubs and he was picked at the start of the season ahead of Purcell because Tadgh wasn't cutting it in training or the pre-season games.

January - There WILL be players in in January, we are talking to someone at the moment where a fee may be involved.

Giles Coke - The case is ongoing and has the FA's support. It is taking a long time because potentially it could have a similar imact to the Bosman ruling with regards to players moving between countries.

Thornton/Jacobs - Sammo recognises that although they are talented footballers they aren't the battlers he feels he requires at the moment, he said he didn't think Thornton was reliable enough to play in a midfield 4.

Big changes are promised with regards to the match day experience and they are hoping to get permission to have a "Fan Park" behind the north stand serving a choice of food and drink.

Carling Cup - The money wasn't as much as expected but it will still be enough to give the manager an increased budget for next season.

Hope that helps..... I have one or two views on the AGM part which i'll post later when i have time....

I was not there but no one has refuted that it was, or words to that effect, actually said.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2011, 19:55:05 pm »

I'm not sure I'd class November 25 as 'recent', to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2011, 19:56:24 pm »

I'm not sure I'd class November 25 as 'recent', to be honest.

Relative to what?  Wink

Aside from that, he did say it?
Report Spam   Logged

SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2011, 19:59:16 pm »

I'd be delighted to report cast-iron allegations that can be backed up with undisputable facts. That way I could submit it for publication with no fear of a libel case should it be published. However, so far, my inbox cobblersteve@hotmail.com has remained ominously empty of any such evidence.

I can't submit tittle-tattle off an anonymously submitted website for publication, even though I have a good laugh reading about it here!

To those who allege that there was a tissue of lies about who did what etc. on a website somewhere that has now been taken down...can you produce a copy of it and make it stand up in a court of law? Your evidence would need to have irrefutable proof that certain people actually did post what was there in their name before it was removed, and was not actually put there by a malicious third party.

My inbox remains open as usual.
Report Spam   Logged
Marky109

« Reply #410 on: January 01, 2011, 21:00:46 pm »

I'd be delighted to report cast-iron allegations that can be backed up with undisputable facts. That way I could submit it for publication with no fear of a libel case should it be published. However, so far, my inbox cobblersteve@hotmail.com has remained ominously empty of any such evidence.

I can't submit tittle-tattle off an anonymously submitted website for publication, even though I have a good laugh reading about it here!

To those who allege that there was a tissue of lies about who did what etc. on a website somewhere that has now been taken down...can you produce a copy of it and make it stand up in a court of law? Your evidence would need to have irrefutable proof that certain people actually did post what was there in their name before it was removed, and was not actually put there by a malicious third party.

Steve, I can assure you, 95% of the rumours posted are true, however I understand it is difficult for you to publish without concrete evidence. Unless you have access to people's bank accounts etc things are always difficult to prove.

How about if you try and find out if he was actually on trial at Newcastle? Or if he did play in Cyprus?

http://www.profootballagency.com/about-us/our-team/

Why don't you check to see if there "licensed" agent exists? Iain Wood? Doesn't seem to be listed by FIFA!

Also take note of Mick Beard's name, under football consultant. What a coincidence Slowe met him in Ghana and apparently didn't know him/of him previously. Bit odd considering he is the consultant for Slowe's agency.

How did the move to Cyprus come about?

Well, I met a Newcastle scout in Ghana called Mick Beard because he was over there scouting the African Cup of Nations. I’m a Newcastle fan and I went into this local hotel where they all know me and they said, “You’re not the only Newcastle fan here.” There was Mick and another scout called Norman – Norman went off somewhere to have a meal and Mick went to sit by the pool so I went and spoke to him about the club and the youth team and different things to do with Newcastle, like transfers and things like that. He agreed to come and watch the youth team and he was very impressed and he also came to see the senior team play a friendly match – I played in that and he was impressed with me and said that I had a lot of potential. He said he was moving to Cyprus and would I like him to get me a club there. So I went to Cyprus and the rest is history, really.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 21:02:39 pm by Marky109 » Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 01, 2011, 21:04:46 pm »

Who cares?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: January 01, 2011, 21:09:28 pm »

I do. It take my mind off of the rubbish result this afternoon
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 01, 2011, 21:26:54 pm »

I care. It seems like there's a nice story brewing out of it. Being some sort of budding Journo, i would do some investagitive stuff, but i dont have contacts, plus we're still s***e on the pitch Grin
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #414 on: January 02, 2011, 09:45:41 am »

Surely all we need to do is make contact with the Hotel End of that Cypriot club.  It would help if someone here is a Greek speaker (assuming it is in the Greek part (!).
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #415 on: January 02, 2011, 10:27:13 am »

If he reads this site he must be knocking one off at the prospect of getting 20,000 views.

I am only posting this to see it published in an upcoming edition of TNOTW....really, does anyone care? He is probably paying us to wear the tracksuit and will be playing on Dally Park next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 02, 2011, 21:13:41 pm »

Is it purely a merchandising plan, ala David Beckham?
How many shirts have we sold with his name on?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #417 on: January 02, 2011, 21:26:52 pm »

Is it purely a merchandising plan, ala David Beckham?
How many shirts have we sold with his name on?  Tongue

Please don't publish this as FACT Steve, but I reckon sales of shirts with his name on might be slowe.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 02, 2011, 22:43:09 pm »

Please don't publish this as FACT Steve, but I reckon sales of shirts with his name on might be slowe.
This has got to the stage where, if we did sell shirts with his name on, they'd probably sell like hot cakes just to give us all a laugh!
The trouble is, I know nothing of the lad - he may be a sensitive little flower or a trumped-up useless git - and to be fair for that reason I can't make any comments about him as a person...I wouldn't know him if I fell over him in a well-lit street. Also, if his father really is paying money to try to give him a future of some sort in the game, then that's the role of a father, as long as it breaks no rules.
All I know is that Sammo was definite to the effect that the lad doesn't have what it takes and would not get into the first team, so I'd agree it is odd if he ever ends up on the bench unless on merit. I was there when Sammo said the words about him, I wrote the actual words down in last year's diary, which of course I now cannot find! It'll turn up, though.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 02, 2011, 22:50:16 pm »

Steve - nothing to do with Alistair Slowe - did you used to live on the Welford Road near the top of North Western Avenue?
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: