The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:33:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alistair Slowe

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alistair Slowe  (Read 61551 times)
saturday banana

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 16:06:51 pm »

I love being Cynical, Pro Football Agency Director is Dr Peter Slowe, and agent is Richard Slowe, with  Crosby is on thier books
i bet he didnt take much selling.  Grin

Serious?
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 16:09:04 pm »

I love being Cynical, Pro Football Agency Director is Dr Peter Slowe, and agent is Richard Slowe, with  Crosby is on thier books
i bet he didnt take much selling.  Grin

...and funny enough - they have an office in Ghana! I hate being cynical, but I don't think this is very funny.
Report Spam   Logged
MikeNTFC

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 16:15:31 pm »

Well it does say he moved to Ghana for 'Family reasons', didn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 16:16:53 pm »

I sense some ill thought out conspiracy theories coming up, starting any......minute.....now......
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 16:21:19 pm »

Anyway, I think hes a good signing.

Another body can't be bad can it?
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 16:22:43 pm »

...and funny enough - they have an office in Ghana! I hate being cynical, but I don't think this is very funny.

The club he played for in Ghana is a 'partner' on that website.

"Cantonments Football Club plays in the Ghana Third Division and has formed a successful partnership with Pro Football Agency. In 2008 it became the first Projects Abroad Football Academy and has an excellent track record of producing quality young players. We are proud to represent some of the top talent emerging from the club and will strive to find the best opportunity for them to further their careers."

http://profootballagency.com/partners/
Report Spam   Logged
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 16:24:53 pm »

I'll take a guess that the Cypriot 2nd Division club is also a partner?
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 16:27:01 pm »

Well it does say he moved to Ghana for 'Family reasons', didn't it?

It would be interesting to know what cut they take on the wages of any of those young Ghanaians they have on their books and manage to place, and that they're so determined should not be exploited - I'm sure it's entirely reasonable. I do a lot of work in Nigeria and Ghana and I know what a murky business the movement of people from those countries can be, but this is of course all completely fine and above board and it's good to know there are good guys like these also involved in the business. For the full and clear avoidance of doubt, it is of course no cause for concern, an agent placing his own son at a club where the assistant manager is also one of the agency clients. I'm 100% sure that the only criterion was the potential that Alistair has demonstrated.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 16:27:46 pm »

It also says Slowe started out as a goalkeeper.....!!!!!!

Hopefully we haven't got another Andy Turner on our hands.....

Still Shearer said he's got potential  Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 16:31:10 pm »

http://profootballagency.com/clients/

We'll look out for these names then Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 16:32:24 pm »

Can you lot not take a joke anymore, Courtney Pitt to sign next  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 16:39:27 pm »

I hope there's a good reason we went for Alistair Slow rather than the physically imposing left footed player or the exciting winger or the bloke called Ebenezer who they also have on their books. But I'm sure we'll find out.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 16:45:45 pm »

I hope there's a good reason we went for Alistair Slow rather than the physically imposing left footed player or the exciting winger or the bloke called Ebenezer who they also have on their books. But I'm sure we'll find out.

He's 16?
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 16:57:57 pm »

It's starting to remind me of that absolute useless player you would get in your team as a kid, only to find out that he happened to be the managers son.

I'll give the lad the benefit of doubt on this one, see how he gets on against Long Buckby first.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 21:27:36 pm »

Alistair Slowe has officially signed with Pro Football Agency on a two year contract. Having started his career as a youth player with Brighton and Hove Albion he took a break from football aged fifteen to concentrate on his studies. He then moved to Ghana, West Africa due to family reasons and built his reputation with Cantonments FC. Last season he signed with Onisilos Sotira in Cyprus where he grabbed headlines with his versatility and passing range in midfield.

The right midfielder, originally from Brighton in Sussex, had tried to get back into English football for a number of years without success. "Even when I was in Ghana I was considering a return to the UK," he said. "But it seemed like it was more about who you know rather than what you can do. Now I’ve got a reputable agent on my side in Pro Football Agency, I'm confident that I can take a step forward with my career."

Even though he came to football quite late in his youth, our Football Consultant Mick Beard believes he still has time on his side. "There's no doubt that Alistair should be back in the UK playing his football," he said. "Physically, he’s developed a great deal since I first saw him as a kid and this will give him a great chance in the English game. We’re going to see what we can do and get him into a few trials over the next couple of weeks." With the option of a second year in Cyprus still on the table, it will be an interesting few weeks as we all wait and see what the future holds for this bright young star.

http://profootballagency.com/news/slowe-joins-pro-football-agency/ - 22th May 2010.

How true young Alistair, how true....  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 21:30:07 pm »

I sense some ill thought out conspiracy theories coming up, starting any......minute.....now......

You wouldn't have it any other way...
Report Spam   Logged
cobblersareus

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 23:09:03 pm »

Is that Ebenezer goode? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 08:22:08 am »

Is that Ebenezer goode? Grin

No, but I heard he was a bit tight with his money... Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 09:44:01 am »

Completely out of leftfield,but welcome aboard Alistair.
Prove your doubters wrong
How many pies does MC have fingers in?
Keep the randoms coming!
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:34 am »

It's presumably those very contacts that have kept him in our vision while others forgot about him. Unless someone is alleging possible financial backhanders (and you'd have to have solid evidence before doing that) I can see no problem with his contacts pushing him in our direction. If he makes the grade it's a win-win scenario.
If he gets some decent crosses in from the right we'll be quids in.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: