The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 16:03:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

19 without a win...club record

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 19 without a win...club record  (Read 2738 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« on: April 16, 2011, 19:31:08 pm »

Well folks. If this team manages to beat that record it will go down most likely. If it doesn't then the chances are we will stay up with 1 win likely to be enough, unless Barnet do something stupid and win 3 from 4.

Imagine that. A team with a fair amount of quality players on paper getting the club relegated on the back of the worst ever run in the clubs 114 year history? That would be something. And for that very reason, is precisely why I am so fcuked off with the tossers.

I worked out earlier this evening we have lead in 22 of the 42 games this season. IF we had won 18 of them we would be in a play off position at least, factoring in the draws. Its incredible; they haven't got a collective ounce of courage! 2-0 and you fcuked it up we would have been singing if the shoe was on the other foot. Yet our fans are seemingly content and in some quarters even buoyant after todays result. Unbelievable.

22 games we have lead. And we've only won 9!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 19:36:08 pm »

Still banging on about the same old shyte.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 19:39:49 pm »

Still banging on about the same old shyte.

Didn't mention you once...
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 19:59:35 pm »

Can only assume you weren't there today Drilling?

After last weeks absolutely shocking performance today was a massive improvement. Ok, we threw away a two goal lead and yes everyone was gutted, but I don't think you'll find a single person who was there complaining about the effort of every single one of them today. Last week I felt we were doomed - this evening I have a sense of optimism.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 20:03:13 pm »

If you had been there today then u may well yourself have been buoyant! Yes we have suffered enough this season but that little chink of light today of an improvement made it all the more worthwhile! Yes we conceded two but if we play like that from now on then we WILL stay up!!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 20:05:04 pm »

Well folks. If this team manages to beat that record it will go down most likely.

If we draw all of the remaining four we will almost certainly stay up actually. I'd take four draws from the last four games now tbh.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 20:18:05 pm »

This season has been an unmitigated ****ing disaster and I can't wait for it to be over.   As **** as this season has been though, we are where we are and come August, I want us to be starting at somewhere like Morecambe or Stevenage, not somewhere like Newport County or ****ing Barrow.  In order to achieve that we have to get something out of the next few games and before today I couldn't see us doing it.  After today, I have a bit of hope.

So am I content with our lot this year or buoyant over how the seasons gone? God, no.  Am I content or buoyant that our ****ty, fourth from bottom team got a point away from home at the third placed team? Yep on both counts.  Sure, a good team doesn't throw away a two goal lead but a good team doesn't find itself fourth from bottom at the arse end of the season either.

I'm not happy it's come to this, but this the reality of the situation and we either revel in our small successes or wallow in our failures.  I know which I'd rather do.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 20:47:48 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Marvo

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 20:19:06 pm »

If we draw all of the remaining four we will almost certainly stay up actually. I'd take four draws from the last four games now tbh.

So would I, the wins can come next season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 20:40:16 pm »

I went on about the 'fans' who want us to lose. You can now add another to the list. So, so sad.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 20:55:14 pm »

Well folks. If this team manages to beat that record it will go down most likely. If it doesn't then the chances are we will stay up with 1 win likely to be enough, unless Barnet do something stupid and win 3 from 4.

Imagine that. A team with a fair amount of quality players on paper getting the club relegated on the back of the worst ever run in the clubs 114 year history? That would be something. And for that very reason, is precisely why I am so fcuked off with the tossers.

I worked out earlier this evening we have lead in 22 of the 42 games this season. IF we had won 18 of them we would be in a play off position at least, factoring in the draws. Its incredible; they haven't got a collective ounce of courage! 2-0 and you fcuked it up we would have been singing if the shoe was on the other foot. Yet our fans are seemingly content and in some quarters even buoyant after todays result. Unbelievable.

Completely agree, quite few of the fanbase appear to be getting too comfortable with it, standards and expectations are slipping more by the day, thankfully there is still a strong element of support that would like to remind and voice their opinion that things just arent up to the levels they should be. The harsh truth in a poor league, we deserve to be where we are with our ever poor winless record, of course we dont have a devine right to just automatically assume to be at the other end of the table but when you look at the resources we have compared to other clubs in this league, player budget, squad, gates etc - its criminal to find our proud 114 year football league history being dragged through the s*** like this - we deserve better than that. When its not good enough, you'll hear about it, its not unreasonble, its standard football practice.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 22:21:03 pm »

The record is 16 league games.  We have now equalled it.

We equalled the drawn games record this season and then when we had a chance to make history we did not draw.  This logic tells me we will win.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 22:40:51 pm »

Drilling, we get the point. Really we do...

We can all see for our own eyes that this team has seriously underperformed but you clearly are not getting the basic premise of all of this that the most important thing is to stay up?

These sorts of statsdon't mean a thing. I honestly don't give a monkey's arse about historic records that mean s*** all to anyone.

If you truly have given up then I suggest you stop having any involvement in the club until you are ready to come back.

Your attitude and all of your posts are utterly worthless in the current situation. Do you not realise it is people like you and Ted that deserve a non-league club with these defeatist and puerile posts?

Before you come back with the 'I've supported the club for X amount of time' - not interested, it means nothing. Now is all that matters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 00:19:25 am »

I trust GJ's judgement 100%....he's proven. Just needs time to sort the situation out.

When you said time, you did mean more than 6 weeks didn't you?

You'll be asking for your dummy back soon.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 06:56:58 am »

I used to think you were one of the better posters on here Drilling but your constant negativity and whining recently has really got tiresome.

If you really have given up why do you feel the need to keep coming on here banging on about the same old thing.

Yesterday was a good point and the players should be congratulated for that.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 07:12:02 am »

The record is 16 league games.  We have now equalled it.

We equalled the drawn games record this season and then when we had a chance to make history we did not draw.  This logic tells me we will win.

Marvo and I would beg to differ: 18 league games in 1969.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:39:36 am »

So typical of this messageboard, slagging someone off for having an opinion, Drilling can say what he likes when he likes its an open forum, " ohhh but we were a tinsy winsy bit better today " how many times this season has a 'good' performance been followed by a s*** one. Ive only been twice this season both wins in fact , but nothing i saw gave me the impetus to keep coming back. Its beeen s*** for years and if you lot want to watch it do so, but dont slag those off that dont. As for the get behind the team you have no excuse not to go are probably all single, no family or retired, there is allways an excuse not to go, and always something better to do, it took me years to realise !
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 07:44:24 am »

Stand corrected. Rechecked rothmans and it also says 18
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 08:10:57 am »

Grove, I don't think anyone is objecting to people not going to games.  No one is under any obligation to go and if you have something you'd rather do, great, do it.  I think what people have reacted to is the level of negativity about everything.  You're spot on that if that is someones opinion they should be entitled to air it, but it does start to grate after a while when you keep reading the same old doom and gloom.

One look at the table shows there is a lot to be negative about at the minute, but if we don't take the few positives we can at the minute we might as well just lock up the stadium and call it a day as there'll be no one there next season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
jt

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 08:47:03 am »

19,Phil chards winner from an efon elad corner at carlisle bought it to an end.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 08:51:57 am »

Grove, I don't think anyone is objecting to people not going to games.  No one is under any obligation to go and if you have something you'd rather do, great, do it.  I think what people have reacted to is the level of negativity about everything.  You're spot on that if that is someones opinion they should be entitled to air it, but it does start to grate after a while when you keep reading the same old doom and gloom.

One look at the table shows there is a lot to be negative about at the minute, but if we don't take the few positives we can at the minute we might as well just lock up the stadium and call it a day as there'll be no one there next season.

Agree with you mate completely. Of course Drilling has a right to his opinion and to be downhearted, disappointed, bored, glad he has better things in his life to be doing, however in my opinion (the one apparently I'm also allowed  Wink) right now is not the time to air it.

I'll be the first to have a whinge when we get past Morecambe and we can have a proper drains up on it all. Giving up now and screaming 'where does it all go wrong' just seems utterly retarded (to me, in my opinion again of course).

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: