The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 13:23:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bizarre happenings at Kettering.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bizarre happenings at Kettering.  (Read 22144 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2012, 17:32:04 pm »

I too certainly would not like to see them go the way of the inbreds from down the road. I always enjoyed going to Rocky Road, not only when we played them in friendlies.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2012, 12:34:37 pm »

Could be all over by the end of the week.

http://t.co/q5S3eRiM
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2012, 20:00:23 pm »

Ashley Westwood in as caretaker manager. The circus rolls on..
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
mazza82

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2012, 20:49:14 pm »

Knows the club and the players, young and hungry to succeed. Best of luck Ashley
Report Spam   Logged
EnkyJenkyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2012, 21:44:03 pm »

Check out the scoreboard from half time tonight. http://bit.ly/yqwSVk

Love the bit at the end "I'm getting sacked in the morning"

More importantly though, who is Emily??
Report Spam   Logged
JimmyRiddle

« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2012, 23:11:49 pm »

Just 804 supporters turned up tonight. Very sad for a club fighting for their lives
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012, 18:40:21 pm »

They have a meeting with the league today regarding creditors, hope it doesn't mean further sanctions or points deductions.
Report Spam   Logged
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2012, 15:05:06 pm »

Poppies deducted 3 points with immediate effect for failing to pay football creditors by the agreed date (Feb 28th).
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:55 am »

Ex Weymouth Town owner George Rolls seems to be very interested in getting involved in the club?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:19 am »

Ex Weymouth Town owner George Rolls seems to be very interested in getting involved in the club?

They might aswell shut down and start a phoenix club.
Report Spam   Logged

Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2012, 12:25:44 pm »

They might aswell shut down and start a phoenix club.

Kettering and Direones should forget about phoenix clubs and should join forces to create 'Northants County' without any reference to either team and to encompass an area much bigger than their own parochial patches. There's a ready  made ground just waiting for them to move in to.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2012, 13:03:44 pm »

Kettering and Direones should forget about phoenix clubs and should join forces to create 'Northants County' without any reference to either team and to encompass an area much bigger than their own parochial patches. There's a ready  made ground just waiting for them to move in to.

Wouldn't they have to start at UCL level? And if the ground is Nene Park they'd just be going around in circles, two clubs at conference level couldn't afford it so no hope at an even lower level.
Report Spam   Logged

Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2012, 19:07:40 pm »

Wouldn't they have to start at UCL level? And if the ground is Nene Park they'd just be going around in circles, two clubs at conference level couldn't afford it so no hope at an even lower level.

The problem is/was, that neither club is/was able to sustain  the ground on crowds of 1300 and maybe a new club representing the whole of the area could. Whether the locals would ever put aside parocial partizanship is another matter and the big mistake I believe that Griggs made was the name Rushden and Diamonds because, people from Rushden refused to support a club based in I'boro and I'boro people refused to support a club called Rushden when it used to be called I'boro (me included).

But yes, in esscence you are right St Ed but with a purpose built Stadium with great facilities and a population of 150,000 on the doorstep (not including Corby) and set to increase by 100,000 in the coming decades, I can't belive that it's not possible for someone with deep pockets not to make it a success. Or , maybe not!

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2012, 19:59:39 pm »

All so ironic considering Grigg's main reason for not spending money on NTFC was because it didn't own its own land. He told me that himself.

His whole business plan evolved around building a facility which would subsidise the football club. Indeed, precisely the same plan that DC has for us now. Sixfields is obviously situated in a prime location just off the M1, whereas Toy Town is next to a travellers dwelling in the middle of no where!
Report Spam   Logged
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2012, 22:01:50 pm »

With the rate of rent Keith Cousins is charging / did charge R&D, you'd need League One attendances with a Blue Square North wage bill. It was costing R&D 1k A DAY to run at the back end of last year to put it into perspective. That of course wasn't entirely rent but you see what i'm getting at.

As for Kettering and R&D merging, would you want to stand on a terrace with Peterborough fans? A merged team would get smaller average attendances than R&D used to IMO. Both clubs are better off setting off on their own, they'll return to their natural levels in time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 22:03:29 pm by Raz » Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2012, 23:57:31 pm »

With the rate of rent Keith Cousins is charging / did charge R&D, you'd need League One attendances with a Blue Square North wage bill. It was costing R&D 1k A DAY to run at the back end of last year to put it into perspective. That of course wasn't entirely rent but you see what i'm getting at.

As for Kettering and R&D merging, would you want to stand on a terrace with Peterborough fans? A merged team would get smaller average attendances than R&D used to IMO. Both clubs are better off setting off on their own, they'll return to their natural levels in time.

I didn't say merge, I said start a new club with a new name. Pie in the sky I know. Oh and Rushden have already returned to their natural level.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Mistical

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2012, 17:55:05 pm »

Very pie in the sky. Kettering fans would start a new Kettering club, R&D fans already have a new club. So there goes the first port of call for fans of this Northants United side. Also (and this might just be me) but I can't get my head around the idea of supporting such a broadly based club. I like supporting one town, I feel I can relate to other people from the town, everyone (usually) has experience of the town. I don't feel I could relate to people from across the county though, because that's too large an area.
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2012, 23:53:53 pm »

Very pie in the sky. Kettering fans would start a new Kettering club, R&D fans already have a new club. So there goes the first port of call for fans of this Northants United side. Also (and this might just be me) but I can't get my head around the idea of supporting such a broadly based club. I like supporting one town, I feel I can relate to other people from the town, everyone (usually) has experience of the town. I don't feel I could relate to people from across the county though, because that's too large an area.

Have you not heard that a third of the Cobblers support comes from outside of Northampton? I mix with people from the other side of the county and despite that, we get along fine.

There's no such place as Port Vale either but they seem to have managed.

But you are right, Diamonds have their fabulous youth side and Kettering will be joining them soon and the best thing they could do with Nene park is knock it down. Shame really cos  having another league team in the county added spice to being a Cobblers fans, even if Diamonds were the most irritating and witless fans ever.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2012, 18:30:17 pm »

even if Diamonds were the most irritating and witless fans ever.

Sure the web toed swamp donkeys from fatfückfry land are worse.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2012, 22:55:34 pm »

Just seen the prices Kettering are charging for next years season tickets. £345 an adult for what will probably be conference north / south
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: