The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:00:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Johnson and tactics

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson and tactics  (Read 8234 times)
defender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: April 25, 2011, 17:36:47 pm »

Well after today's game I have lost all hope on johnson, I think he is getting advice on defending from Tohn Gorman, why oh why did he bring on a striker who is on the light side instead of a defender? This was sheer incompetence we, needed a strong defender to help at the back! In an recent post I said 'the jury is still out regarding Johnson well it's not now!! Sorry friends but for what it's worth, this is my view.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 17:39:07 pm »

f***ing hell you just can't win with him can you. At Wycombe he brings a defender on and gets hammered for it, now he brings a striker on and he gets the same treatment Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 17:40:56 pm »

What strong defender was this that was going to be brought on then?
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 17:42:33 pm »

His consistent picking of Walker is enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 17:53:16 pm »

He came in with such a blaze of glory I reckon he felt he had to 'do something' to get us out of our mid-table stupor. Unfortunately his unforced changes have produced the opposite effect and the more he tries to fix it the worse it gets.
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 17:57:22 pm »

His consistent picking of Walker is enough for me.

who had another good game  Roll Eyes

Johnson out, just for that.
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 17:58:40 pm »

who had another good game  Roll Eyes

Johnson out, just for that.

Another good game?? Today and Crewe then. Woopy ******* do!!!
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 18:03:23 pm »

im not gunna get into this again, but he's had 3 solid games on the bounce now, thats more than what can be said about most of the team, stop making him a scapegoat.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 18:07:40 pm »

****ing hell you just can't win with him can you. At Wycombe he brings a defender on and gets hammered for it, now he brings a striker on and he gets the same treatment Roll Eyes

It's not lookin good is it Tyles. As for Josh walker...I'm with Pepesy.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 18:57:45 pm »

Start by leaving  Josh Walker out for the final games.

No lightweights ...players who can defend a lead ( if we had any) and willing to put their bodies on the line.....to chase down and block every shot ( preferably not deflecting it in the net).

Blood & Guts to grind out that win....we can't keep relying on others ( well Barnet & Lincoln) to fail.

The games are fast running out.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
guest47

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 19:02:33 pm »

No lightweights ...players who can defend a lead ( if we had any) and willing to put their bodies on the line.....to chase down and block every shot ( preferably not deflecting it in the net).

Blood & Guts to grind out that win....we can't keep relying on others ( well Barnet & Lincoln) to fail.

The games are fast running out.

Agree about the blood and guts - Holt's got to figure in both games.
Not sure about games fast running out - they're not running out fast enough!
Report Spam   Logged
The Real Stevie G

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 19:05:09 pm »

Just got back - I have to agree with the OP.

6 pts from 33 available - shocking.

God forbid if we go down, Johnson will walk.

If somehow we miraculously stay up, he ought to go.

IMO, listening to his interviews and analysing his tactics/substitutes, it's clear that he is here in a 'consultant-type' role rather than our manager. If there's one reason why we'll go down this year (granted there's a few) it will be how GJ has completely and utterly alienated himself from the squad. He's made it clear he'll build his own team next year - christ we hear about it every interview.
Report Spam   Logged

"We all know that in football if you stand still you go backwards." - Peter Reid
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 19:33:25 pm »

Which can't do a lot for the morale or team spirit of those still needed to keep us up this year does it!
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 19:35:49 pm »

Well some of the halfwits on here would try and have you believe it's anybody but Johnsons fault he keeps telling the players they won't be here next season
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 19:37:03 pm »

He's made it clear he'll build his own team next year
There are many who would say that's the only thing he's got right.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 19:37:30 pm »

Which can't do a lot for the morale or team spirit of those still needed to keep us up this year does it!

Too right Linda, hes a bit of  twat actually, he couldnt remember the name of one of his player on the bench in interview
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 19:37:53 pm »

Yes we do and we heard it again today. How he is going to sort out the defence first and foremost. Well he's only made it worse so far! Chopping and changing it every week, bombing players in and out.

The thing is, he would be/will be fine with his own players. I have no major doubt about that. His record speaks for itself. BUT he has made an almighty balls up and slowly but surely everybody other than the deluded have come to realise these mistakes in the last few weeks.

I was heading back from Poole (Dorset) today and ironically the 2nd Stockport goal was scored as I was coming up the slip road at Junction 15. I managed to get our equaliser on 104.2 around Milton Keynes. So as soon as I bloody arrive at the place it goes tits up. There was a big group of Bristol Rovers fans at our hotel, down for the Bournemouth game. I didn't speak with them mind, just a few murmurs of 3-1 and you f***ed it up at the dinner table. Mrs told me not to be so cocky, bless her she just doesn't get it. It did mildly amuse me when I got home and checked their score; they were leading for 80 minutes but still managed to lose. Even we would struggle to manage that!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 19:42:18 pm »

you could say that about anyone...surely!!! He made a few great passes today. Unfortunately, the intended recipients had nodded off and forgot they were in a game of do or die football. "oh yeah, s***. sorry Josh. nodded off there mate."

Report Spam   Logged
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 19:43:23 pm »

I must admit i was well pleased when we got him and have backed when others have been on his case but i reckon his made some odd team selections and substitions have raised eyebrows to say the least... just pray we can stay up and get a good pre season and wipe the slate clean.
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 19:44:43 pm »

you could say that about anyone...surely!!! He made a few great passes today. Unfortunately, the intended recipients had nodded off and forgot they were in a game of do or die football. "oh yeah, ****. sorry Josh. nodded off there mate."

Maybe they weren't expecting the ball as he usually passes to the opposition.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: