The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:56:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Johnson and tactics

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson and tactics  (Read 8229 times)
auntie

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 19:47:11 pm »

Maybe they weren't expecting the ball as he usually passes to the opposition.

yeah. that'd be it. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 19:56:15 pm »

I've seen too many s*** games from Walker to start giving him any belated credit now he has finally turned things around. He might have played ok at Stockport today; but in my opinion during this 18 match run (in which he has played a part in every single game) he has been the biggest single contributor to it from a players point of view.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 20:01:28 pm »

I've seen too many **** games from Walker to start giving him any belated credit now he has finally turned things around. He might have played ok at Stockport today; but in my opinion during this 18 match run (in which he has played a part in every single game) he has been the biggest single contributor to it from a players point of view.

utter bollocks. if you wanna go down that road then you might want to take a closer look at davis and osmans contribution. they were here and starred when we last went down.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 20:06:17 pm »

utter bollocks. if you wanna go down that road then you might want to take a closer look at davis and osmans contribution. they were here and starred when we last went down.

Osman was toss when we went down.  He looked a changed man this season, but has gone backwards the last few months.  Clearly another one with an attitude that has upset Johnson.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 20:07:34 pm »

Well for starters Davis and Osman have not played all (or anywhere near) the 18 games. I reckon that Walker is probably one of the only ever presents. Neither can be proud of their contributions, I will give you that. But as far as a single player involved in all of them or almost all of them I am struggling to see anyone who has been worse than Walker. At least Davis earned us a point with his late goal on Friday; whats Walker managed in 18 games...about 1 or 2 assists max!!
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 20:08:38 pm »

god its refreshing to hear form you auntie.
I personally think walker's a really good player. on the rotherham forums they said he was awesum last year with them, not suprising as the team was flowing with confidence and he could spray them 30 yard balls with confidence, whats he ment to do now when hes lumbered with f***in Tozer next to him.
Walkers played well last 3 games but people have made there mind up now, and when anything goes wrong it's his fault.
Report Spam   Logged
auntie

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 20:16:14 pm »

it doesn't matter anyway. collectively its gone tits up. johnson's signings have been no better or worse. nana has generally been appalling. collis is no better than dunny and now injured. its just a big f*** up. the only player that gives me hope ismichael jacobs. 2 games left...tick tock.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 20:18:33 pm »

whats he ment to do now when hes lumbered with ****in Tozer next to him.
Which he has been for 45 minutes
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 20:25:01 pm »

god its refreshing to hear form you auntie.
I personally think walker's a really good player. on the rotherham forums they said he was awesum last year with them, not suprising as the team was flowing with confidence and he could spray them 30 yard balls with confidence, whats he ment to do now when hes lumbered with ****in Tozer next to him.
Walkers played well last 3 games but people have made there mind up now, and when anything goes wrong it's his fault.

People have made their minds up because by the time he did improve (and lets face it he's not been bloody brilliant, no mention on the POTS for him today btw) it was too late. The damage was done. Now Im not blaming Walker for our current league position and the 18 match winless run, I blame Johnson 100% for it. Walker is a mere pawn. I just joined in with the Walker debate; and he's been the worst player during these last 3 months in my opinion.

Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 20:38:01 pm »

Just got back - I have to agree with the OP.

6 pts from 33 available - shocking.

God forbid if we go down, Johnson will walk.

If somehow we miraculously stay up, he ought to go.

I totally agree, sometimes it just does not work out for a new manager at a club.
If we go down Johnson should be sacked immediately, as DC will hopefully have put a clause in his contract to that effect, with no or little compensation.
If we stay up, I do still think that he should leave "by mutual consent"  ......... and he could always add it to his list of achievements on his CV that he kept us up.
Report Spam   Logged
jayntfc

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 20:42:04 pm »

Does anyone know the identity of the fella who called into Radio Npton after the game and said he played for us in the 70s? I've forgotten his name.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 20:47:23 pm by jayntfc » Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 20:44:00 pm »

Not sure he said his name was Rob
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 20:47:59 pm »

We had a player called Bobby Hunt,Bobby Park,Bobby Owen in the 70s
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 20:49:54 pm »

I totally agree, sometimes it just does not work out for a new manager at a club.
If we go down Johnson should be sacked immediately, as DC will hopefully have put a clause in his contract to that effect, with no or little compensation.
If we stay up, I do still think that he should leave "by mutual consent"  ......... and he could always add it to his list of achievements on his CV that he kept us up.

This I feel is where our fan base could, too a degree, implode. Regardless of whether we go down or not, I want Gary Johnson to stay put in time for next season. Because if he does take us down, I for one would want him to bring us straight back up; and with his own team, I think he would. And I also think he could take us further forward like he did with Yeovil.

Its strange but I feel like Im one of his very biggest critics on here, having identified huge floors in his decision to pro-long pre-season no more than 2 or 3 games into his reign and the likely repercussions. Whilst 95% plus worth knocking one off with his blunt interviews and numerous new signings. HOWEVER, with his own squad Im pretty sure he would be great. But boy will we have to pay a price for that if we do get relegated. Whether people will forgive him or not is the question. We can debate that when the time comes, well if it comes.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2011, 20:55:37 pm »

That is the ridiculous position we are in now. I have absolute confidence that if we were to stay up then next season would be a good one due to Johnson being the manager he is. However the fact that we are where we are is unacceptable and unbelievable and I can't see him being able to keep us up.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2011, 21:04:39 pm »

I cannot believe people are calling for Johnson's head.He was pretty much the best realistic candidate available and if we sack him who is going to want come here?

You have to look at his tenure at Bristol City to realise that his management methods sometimes take a while to stick.

This summer whatever division we will be in, will be the chance of the decade to rebuild this side and kick out the "shrinking violets".

I make it we only have Johnson, Holt, Wedderburn, Jacobs, Built, Gilligan and Harrad under contract for next season.  The majority of those out of contract are going to be seeing their P45s come what may. 

This was probably his biggest error in deciding straight away that they were basket cases - not helped by signing on the whole not better than we had in the likes of Reckord, Nana, Collis.  Bauza granted was an inspired signing and may well prove the difference.

Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 07:47:48 am »

When Sammo was sacked, it was because it looked probable that we were not going to make the play offs, which was DC's minimum target for this season. Nobody was talking realistically about relegation.

If we go down, then Johnson's decision to treat the rest of this season as an extended pre-season for next year, as he said, will have been one of the worst decisions by a football manager ever, anywhere, at any time and with disastrous consequences for the club.

He has to bear responsibility for unsettling the side and bringing in players immediately (Nana, Reckord, Collis) who were no better than those already here. He also has to bear responsibility for playing players out of position (Tozer in centre midfield, Davis at right midfield, Rodgers at left back...). In the Jan transfer window, for example, we were worried about losing Davis but hoping at least to get a fee - now, he's looking like a lost, scared, misfit and liability.

Oddly, I still think that, if we stay up, Johnson has a better chance of getting us higher in League Two next year than Sammo would have done. More likely, though, is that, just like he did at Peterborough, Johnson slips away in the summer and leaves us in the BSP, hoping that nobody takes too much notice of those few months blip on his otherwise strong CV.

Johnson will be alright, the players will be alright, either picking up their money here or moving on somewhere else they also don't care about...it's only ever really the fans who suffer...and, no, I don't find the idea of away games at Braintree in the least bit funny.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 08:45:44 am »

That is the ridiculous position we are in now. I have absolute confidence that if we were to stay up then next season would be a good one due to Johnson being the manager he is. However the fact that we are where we are is unacceptable and unbelievable and I can't see him being able to keep us up.

Why can you not see him being able to keep us up? We have two games left, and are not as yet in the relegation places. Stay strong, brother. We'll be okay
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 08:59:06 am »

Why can you not see him being able to keep us up? We have two games left, and are not as yet in the relegation places. Stay strong, brother. We'll be okay

What he said!

Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 08:59:33 am »

When Sammo was sacked, it was because it looked probable that we were not going to make the play offs, which was DC's minimum target for this season. Nobody was talking realistically about relegation.

Nobody?  Hmmm.  

And Sammo hadn't "lost the dressing room"?  Didn't Andy Holt have all the players together on the pitch after the end of a game (Southend?)?  I'm not absolving GJ from responsibility for the mess we're in, but it's a collective mess.  I'm personally surprised that other than Walker, there has been one other constant in all this who has escaped mention: Crosby. He has inherited Jim Barron's Teflon pan.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: