The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:57:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Johnson and tactics

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson and tactics  (Read 8251 times)
DustCobb

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 09:04:01 am »

Our defence is wank.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 09:23:33 am »

Our defence is wank.

A master of understatement....   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 09:25:54 am »

It was relegtion form befor johnson turned up , i dont think we woud be in a much better position without him.

I would like johnson to stay and build his own team , no matter what division we are in. As i know it will be crosby or some one else juast as bad who replaces him. At least with johnson we have a manager that knows how to get out of these divisions

We will stay up , keep the faith ! ,. Im not all that confident my self , i just know if we dont support the team and start whinging ....we will go down !

Every litle helps now , and no matter how much moaning you do . Its too late for anything you say to take effect , so get behind the boys !

Report Spam   Logged

The Real Stevie G

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:44 am »

I cannot believe people are calling for Johnson's head.

No one has been. With 2 games left, there's little point.

Question -

If we had started a new season with GJ in charge, and we mirrored our current record with him at the helm, how long would people give him until there were calls for him to go? Is 6 pts from 33 good enough?

I was over the moon when we appointed him, but I have to say, regardless of what league we find ourselves in next season, the chap shouldn't be here.
Report Spam   Logged

"We all know that in football if you stand still you go backwards." - Peter Reid
The Real Stevie G

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 09:38:55 am »

It was relegtion form befor johnson turned up , i dont think we woud be in a much better position without him.

Honestly?

You can bet your bottom dollar that when GJ went for the interview with Cardoza, relegation wasn't on the agenda.
Report Spam   Logged

"We all know that in football if you stand still you go backwards." - Peter Reid
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 09:45:57 am »

No one has been. With 2 games left, there's little point.

Question -

If we had started a new season with GJ in charge, and we mirrored our current record with him at the helm, how long would people give him until there were calls for him to go? Is 6 pts from 33 good enough?

I was over the moon when we appointed him, but I have to say, regardless of what league we find ourselves in next season, the chap shouldn't be here.

Irrelevent, as GJ would have bought in all his own new players.....
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 09:49:34 am »

At least with johnson we have a manager that knows how to get out of these divisions

Couldn't agree more... He's doing a stunning job of making sure we are out of this division next season...

Report Spam   Logged
The Real Stevie G

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 10:03:22 am »

Irrelevent, as GJ would have bought in all his own new players.....

You'd think that, but when you take a look at how many he's already brought in (six - over half a team) I'd consider it to be very relevent.
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

I know it wouldnt of been on the agenda , but I said we were showing relegation form befor he turned up.

I think we would be at the other end of the league if johnson had bee appointed at the start of the season , people need to face the facts that the dressing room and all confidence had been lost befor johnson arrived.

I would hate to think where this side would be without Bauza , lets remember who signed harrard and walker (Who seem to be the chosen scape goats)

The one mistake johnson has made , is not realising how f***ing awful we were befor he shook things up . Our league position flatterd us befor Johnson turned up , alot of people on here saw this comming months ago
Report Spam   Logged

memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 10:32:17 am »

You'd think that, but when you take a look at how many he's already brought in (six - over half a team) I'd consider it to be very relevent.

Yes, but GJ has had to bring in players to "fill the gap". He has only been able to sign out of contract or loans so he has been hindered as to what/who is available. The squad he inhereted is the problem.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 10:33:57 am »

We were in deep s*** before GJ came in.  I said at the time that between Christmas and the Burton game we only played one team in the top 7 and that was Port Vale, who had gone into reverse with Micky Adams departure, leaving us with a daunting run in that could easily slip into the relegation dogfight.  And so it has proven.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 11:11:57 am »

I wouldn't like to see Johnson go because so many on here feel that he is capable of assembling a team that can challenge for L2 promotion next season - and I want to see if this is true. He was my preferred choice when Sammo went but I'm struggling to understand why he's been so inept since he arrived, making some crazy decisions - the majority of which have backfired. Should we go down he has to take the responsibility.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 11:15:49 am »

I also consistently stated that Sammo should be given until the end of the season and be judged then. Otherwise we'd get exactly the "what might have been" arguments we have now.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 11:23:14 am »

I also consistently stated that Sammo should be given until the end of the season and be judged then. Otherwise we'd get exactly the "what might have been" arguments we have now.

What do you want a f***ing medal or something?

Jesus Wept.
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:45 am »

Johnson needs to stay whatever happens, at least we know that he will attract/find the players to get us out of whatever division we're in next season. As for him changing tactics and players for every match, not much has worked so far so at least he seems to be trying to get us a win rather than putting the same eleven out every week adn watching them fail with no other option or ideas.
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
oop_north

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2011, 11:33:44 am »

Let's be positive.  Under GJ, we have lost 2 less games than Lincoln, and have gained 1 more point than them.  The fact that every other team has better form than us over the same period is irrelevant.

And to prove we can top the table, look - we've beaten Histon!!!!

http://www.footymad.net/sequences-statistics/

Just so everyone knows, as GJ asked all those that criticise him not to go to Sixfields, I ain't going to spend all that time and effort getting to Sixfields again 'til he's packed his bags and gone to crash another club (pity Peterborough saw sense so quickly).  Happy to support them away.  But, I'm not paying money to keep a hypocrite in a job.  (You know the one - 'lob a few hand grenades into the dressing room', 'build my own team', 'they're not doing what I tell them', 'I had to lose my temper with them', 'the penny's starting to drop with a few of them', etc)
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:52 am »

Johnson want's to win no matter what it costs, even if that's a defeat! BUT we cant afford to lose, total maddnes!!! I do not want him here full stop!
Report Spam   Logged
The Real Stevie G

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2011, 11:53:47 am »

You know the one - 'lob a few hand grenades into the dressing room', 'build my own team', 'they're not doing what I tell them', 'I had to lose my temper with them', 'the penny's starting to drop with a few of them', etc

Spot on.

Disgraceful man-management skills.
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2011, 12:00:47 pm »

When is the last time we had a manager with a proven record ?

I know he has made mistakes , and if we go down it wil be partly his fault ut he is obviously a talented manager. Even if we were to go down , we would not get a better manager to get us out of the conference. I think Johnson has proved he is better at building a promotion side than he is at saving one that is in complete free fall.

As for johnsons comments about the idiots in the west stand , i think he is right. If you dont open your mouth to support the team , then you shouldnt have a right to open it to abuse it. Go and sit in the away stand . I have a sneaky suspicion that if we go down , all these morons will be watching the saints next season anyway.

If you got rid of all the moaners and just had the supporting fans we would win , as we seem to play better when the fans are behind the team and seem to do better infront of smaller gates. So if your one of the idiots shouting abuse , stay at home . You wont be missed

Report Spam   Logged

oop_north

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2011, 12:11:39 pm »

If you got rid of all the moaners and just had the supporting fans we would win , as we seem to play better when the fans are behind the team and seem to do better infront of smaller gates. So if your one of the idiots shouting abuse , stay at home . You wont be missed

Long life democracy!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: