The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:42:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Johnson and tactics

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson and tactics  (Read 8246 times)
Exe

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2011, 12:12:55 pm »

Is that like UHT democracy?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2011, 12:15:11 pm »

I wouldn't like to see Johnson go because so many on here feel that he is capable of assembling a team that can challenge for L2 promotion next season - and I want to see if this is true. He was my preferred choice when Sammo went but I'm struggling to understand why he's been so inept since he arrived, making some crazy decisions - the majority of which have backfired. Should we go down he has to take the responsibility.

Deepcut Likes This.... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
oop_north

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 12:25:53 pm »

Is that like UHT democracy?

yup, it's the half-fat variety  Embarrassed.... technology and the aged don't mixed.  Hope I'm still drawing breath when the computer/human interface is no longer the physical keyboard, mouse & screen...... and that there are still sufficient corralled braincells to manage the thought process.
Report Spam   Logged
Exe

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2011, 12:38:43 pm »

Hahaha, at least you take my pedantry in good humour.
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 12:48:46 pm »

Hahaha, at least you take my pedantry in good humour.

Indeed.  I always enjoy true wit, even if it is at my bumbling expense.  Such a pity that so many these days regard hateful comment and bullying as 'humour'. 
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2011, 13:32:52 pm »

So what happened yesterday? We all seemed nice and positive. Right behind the team. And we still gave away the lead twice......

From Colemanballs:

"Eighty per cent of teams who score first in matches go on to win them. But they may draw some – or occasionally lose.”  - David Pleat
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2011, 13:50:19 pm »

I agree that Johnson should stay regardless of whether we stay up, because you can see he knows a lot about football and I can see him building a side that play consistently good, attractive football. However, I also hold him totally responsible if we go down. He's had enough time with the squad to have sorted things out at least enough to have us safe by now. Let's face it even a poor 10 points from the last 11 games would have us virtually safe now. A mixture of poor tactics, team selection and very bad luck have contributed to the winless streak. GJ is an attack minded manager and in our predicament we probably needed a more defensive manager, but that's easy to say in hindsight.

The truth is that nobody could have forseen what was going to happen, despite some on here pretending they could. Blaming Sammo or DC for our current predicament is simply crazy. Why didn't DC forsee that GJ, one of the most sought after and successful mangers outside the premiership in recent years, was going to take us on an 11 match winless run? Why didn't DC keep Sammo on because we'd have avoided relegation, when relegation wasn't even an issue at the time? Where does DC keep his crystal ball?

There was a lot of support for both the sacking of Sammo and the appointment of GJ at the time and for good reason. It's all gone pear-shaped and the real issue here is that we really MUST stay up and then start afresh, hopefully with GJ still at the helm.

I have no idea if GJ will walk if we go down, but who's to say we'll be able to afford to keep him in any case. Can't see the BP being a big moneyspinner.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 14:04:10 pm »

Spot on.

Disgraceful man-management skills.

prick
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 14:56:24 pm »

When is the last time we had a manager with a proven record ?

I know he has made mistakes , and if we go down it wil be partly his fault ut he is obviously a talented manager.

If you got rid of all the moaners and just had the supporting fans we would win

I've read some tripe in my time but that last line is up there with any of TED's quotes. Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Moulton Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 14:57:13 pm »

Didn't GJ leave P'boro after the Chairman started to question his team selection and use of subs, just a thought Shocked

Out of all the player he has brought into the club the only only one i'd keep is Bauza, and its intersting to see as the weeks pass the players he did get in are sitting on the bench.  Reckord, Uwezu and now Webster, if JJ was fit you could add Nana to that and likewise Dunn for Collis.  

It seems as though the players we had prior to his arrival were perhaps better than the dross he has aquired, i'm not surprised the players are lacking in so many areas and pretty pi$$ed off!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 14:58:49 pm by Moulton Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
The Real Stevie G

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 15:53:20 pm »

prick

?

You either have to be genetically modified or fundamentally thick, to not see how GJ's words are harming our squad at the moment. Press conferences, interviews....it's all been mentioned above.

Given your response - my guess would be the latter... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

"We all know that in football if you stand still you go backwards." - Peter Reid
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 16:03:04 pm »

?

You either have to be genetically modified or fundamentally thick, to not see how GJ's words are harming our squad at the moment. Press conferences, interviews....it's all been mentioned above.

Given your response - my guess would be the latter... Roll Eyes

Depends on whether you're completely wet or not doesn't it?

If someone's criticising me it makes me want to prove the person criticising me wrong. I won't just sit there and go 'he's called me rubbish, so I must be rubbish and I'm going to believe it.'

I have always preferred that kind of management style from my bosses at work to someone who gives me a cuddle and calls me amazing - how do I improve if I'm perfect?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2011, 16:18:18 pm »

Depends on whether you're completely wet or not doesn't it?

If someone's criticising me it makes me want to prove the person criticising me wrong. I won't just sit there and go 'he's called me rubbish, so I must be rubbish and I'm going to believe it.'

I have always preferred that kind of management style from my bosses at work to someone who gives me a cuddle and calls me amazing - how do I improve if I'm perfect?
yeah but the best managers realise who responds best to which method and utilizes the horses for courses approach
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cobblerslegend

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2011, 16:19:31 pm »

Didn't GJ leave P'boro after the Chairman started to question his team selection and use of subs, just a thought Shocked

Out of all the player he has brought into the club the only only one i'd keep is Bauza, and its intersting to see as the weeks pass the players he did get in are sitting on the bench.  Reckord, Uwezu and now Webster, if JJ was fit you could add Nana to that and likewise Dunn for Collis.  

It seems as though the players we had prior to his arrival were perhaps better than the dross he has aquired, i'm not surprised the players are lacking in so many areas and pretty pi$$ed off!!!
I would disagree I think all of his players he has bought in are ok apart from reckord who might be a good player in the future but he's not for us at the mo
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2011, 17:40:31 pm »

All three were injured and not even on the bench yesterday. 
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2011, 18:29:34 pm »

yeah but the best managers realise who responds best to which method and utilizes the horses for courses approach

and the best football managers do not manage in League 2.  Wink

I agree with your point albeit I don't think Johnson has actually said anything that the players shouldn't have already worked out for themselves. I mean surely they can't be that stupid?
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2011, 19:04:24 pm »

I've read some tripe in my time but that last line is up there with any of TED's quotes. Huh?

It's true that we havent had a proven manager in years .FACT
Gary johnson has a proven record .FACT
Gary Johnson has made mistakes . FACT
Gary johnson would have to take part of the blame if we went down .FACT
Abuse does not help our team , all teams considerd to have good fans SUPPORT their team E.g stockport , stoke ect .FACT
We dont play well infornt of massive crowds at sixfields .FACT (Well marvo used to say it so im guessing he has stast on it)
The moaners would not be missed if they stopped comming (My opinion but im guessing most fans who sing/ keep their mouths shut would agree)

Im actually puzzeld as to what the massive problem with my post was , mabey abit cynical but on the most part spot on.

Moronic cobblers fans make me want to stop going more than the **** the team are serving up atm (Edit : not you barton just the moaners at the games)

Report Spam   Logged

Exe

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2011, 19:11:11 pm »

Moronic cobblers fans make me want to stop going more than the **** the team are serving up atm (Edit : not you barton just the moaners at the games)

With you on this point. The atmosphere at Sixfields these days is at times little short of poisonous, and ill-informed comments littered with expletives from people who clearly have zero understanding of the game do not make for an enjoyable experience.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2011, 19:28:16 pm »

If you got rid of all the moaners and just had the supporting fans we would win

Iv'e not got a problem with most of your post, its the above line ,and thats certainly NOT a fact.I'm with you in that it would be great if every game was like the Bristol Rovers PO semi BUT its just wishfull thinking that if no one moaned ,we would win .
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2011, 19:44:46 pm »

prick

O come on now, no need for names.
and stevie g has got a point, im afraid some of you are looking to far into what Johnson COULD give us, as to what he is giving.
at the moment its 11 games and no win, hes squad selection is poor, he's man management skills are awful, if anyone has any links to him actually prasing his players and saying 'yes i want him here next season' (apart from Jacobs) then id love to hear it!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: