The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:43:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

steve riches

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: steve riches  (Read 2447 times)
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:18:58 am »

Hearing about the bucket fetish has made me feel pale.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 08:49:45 am »

Steve Riches is a dedicated Cobblers supporters who is as fully entitled to his opinions as the next man.  It is pathetic to launch an attack on him at any time yet alone the week in which our fate may be decided.  Let us focus on Stevenage and survival.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:22 am »

Steve Riches is a dedicated Cobblers supporters who is as fully entitled to his opinions as the next man.  It is pathetic to launch an attack on him at any time yet alone the week in which our fate may be decided.  Let us focus on Stevenage and survival.

I agree with this - JT your comments are in poor taste and bad manners. Why launch a spiteful attack on one of our own. You should apologise - if not perhaps the Administrators should ban you and remove your foul message.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 09:21:06 am »

I agree with this - JT your comments are in poor taste and bad manners. Why launch a spiteful attack on one of our own. You should apologise - if not perhaps the Administrators should ban you and remove your foul message.

While I don't always agree with Steve Riches, I fully agree with you.  The comment was also puerile: when it comes to defining working class and middle class, I doubt he earns much more than the average local radio presenter (probably £25k a year if you believe The Stage) and therefore he's brushing shoulders with lorry drivers and very poorly paid plumbers, sparkies and chippies.   As for others arguing that personal insults are acceptable, and that anyone who doesn't subscribe to it should "clear off down the Saints", if that is the level the club I love has fallen to then perhaps it might be better that it went out of existence. 
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 10:25:54 am »

Oh, and I forgot, they have a fetish for buckets.

The ones with a bucket fetish are the Get Cardoza Out group. Yeah?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:54 am »

Didn't say I like the opinion, I said I like the attitude. Meaning that he has a view, and then he just says what he feels without p*ssyfooting around or caring who he upsets.

You seem to me to be a total and utter c***. The less people like you the better.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
guest49

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 11:03:34 am »

It appears jt has gone to set up a splinter cell with Marvo.
Report Spam   Logged
jonny redwing

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 11:04:56 am »

its about time we went down, to what is seen as Division 3,
gary johnson is suviving on his reputation!! league 1/ championship loanees/players trying to play football in a long ball kick and run brut force league 2.
we shouldnt even be there!
stuck with samo and his squad we would of been mid table.
Gary has tinkerd with the team to late in the season!!! who does he think he is Alf Ramsey!!
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 11:17:23 am »

Depends on whether or not he wanted the post to reflect his true feelings on the issue. If that's how he feels, then he's gonna get personal and insulting. That's life.

What utter b()llocks. Does that mean everyone can start insulting you because that's how they feel? After all "That's life." Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 11:31:16 am »

Totally agree. I think some on here are jealous that Steve has the opportunity to write about the Cobblers as part of his job. He comes across as a good bloke and I enjoy his Thursday column.
Report Spam   Logged
Hbomb

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 12:03:59 pm »

What utter b()llocks. Does that mean everyone can start insulting you because that's how they feel? After all "That's life." Roll Eyes

Yep Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »

Yep Smiley

Excellent!

You're a shagged monkey anus  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Hbomb

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 12:23:43 pm »

Excellent!

You're a shagged monkey anus  Wink

No need to get personal/insulting/puerile  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 12:37:27 pm »

No need to get personal/insulting/puerile  Wink
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 13:26:01 pm »

Yep Smiley

Pretty much summed up whats gone wrong with society in that post. So glad our club attracts a wonderful class of fan.
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 13:49:06 pm »

His column really gets on me ****, the voice of the terraces, only he misses half the games, and gets aload of other fools to do his job via email. Then he tries to kill a rare sight of passion, +he hates bad language, football is a working class game, which you middle classes have been trying to take away from us for years, it ain't happening at this level fella. So if ya don't like it sod off ti the rugger buggers.
Oh, and up yours!!!

JT, Steve is a decent bloke and he does a good job.  You moan and say he is the voice of the fans and then moans that he gets people to email their opinions. Surely that is the voice of the fans. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2011, 15:56:43 pm »

I think Steve normally talks sense. However, his pretty negative, bewildered take on the pitch invasion (including Derry Felton incident) wasn't very reflective of the vast majority and probably published to provoke a reaction, so good journalism I guess. Either that or there is very clear direction from the club on what can/can't be published. It is hardly a regular occurrence and a symptom of being in dire straights and having huge defining moments in crucial games.
If the club think it is a genuine concern going forward then they need to do something about it. We're hardly talking about the ICF.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 16:22:39 pm »

What a load of precious tarts you are.
Report Spam   Logged
jayntfc

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 16:38:11 pm »

What a load of precious tarts you are.

i am outraged and offended by your puerile outburst, you are everything that is wrong with society.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 16:56:05 pm »

I don't know Steve personally but what I know of him is that he's a decent chap who loves the Cobblers (like we all do on here). Not everyone will agree with his opinions but he does try and spread the opinion of others hence his quotes from people that have emailed or spoken with him. I loved last Friday's pitch invasion (I wasn't part of it) but Steve is a middle-aged West Stander and they don't do pitch invasions and he is aware of possible recriminations for such acts. Lets not attack each other, let's stick together and support the club we love like we've never supported them before. Saturday is MASSIVE and we all need to be in it together
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: