The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:02:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Retained list ?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retained list ?  (Read 32866 times)
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #700 on: May 15, 2011, 09:02:35 am »

I cant complain  , as gary johnson has done what I do on FM2011. Sack the lot and start again !

Great post by the way "thebigpicture" , I said this before on the other thread. all of us will have to stay over positive to counter bollox all the numpties when they revert to defualt 3-4 games into the season.
Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #701 on: May 15, 2011, 09:24:33 am »

Will definitely be a case of a full rebuild. I do have the belief that GJ will get enough players in and most importantly, the right players for his style of football. I just hope that style is good enough for promotion
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:52:53 am by wazzacobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 15, 2011, 09:46:20 am »

As I see it there are rumours chris dunn is wanted by a championship club apparently Coventry city.
If we offer dunn a contract then we are due compensation.
I beleive it's unclear whether we have offered dunn new terms.
Coventry will probably sign dunn on a free if we release him but won't sign him if we offer him terms and therefore compensation is due.
We were probably quite prepared to let him leave until we found out about other clubs interest and realised we could get a few bob out of the deal.
The problem is a chicken and egg one.
Do we offer dunn terms in the hope someone signs him and we get a fee or do we just let him leave and miss out.
The problem is we could offer him terms and find other teams get cold feet regarding his signing meaning we are left with him under contract when I beleive it's unclear whether we actually want him in goal for us.
A bit of brinksmanship being played out at the minute I feel hence the whole scenario is dragging on whilst other decisions on players have been finalised.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #703 on: May 15, 2011, 10:11:05 am »

Just let him go. Johnson clearly doesn't really rate him or else he wouldn't have been on the "hmmm" list.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 15, 2011, 10:22:34 am »

We agree surely major surgery was required? and GJ has had the guts to do it.  Please don't worry when he's in middle of this one-month transplant operation. There are more better players out there than the ones he's released and more decent players than vacancies. Please stay patient. 
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #705 on: May 15, 2011, 10:36:54 am »

Might not be up to Johnson though St Eds. Maybe the Chairman has stepped in and said if we can get some money then he'd like us to offer him a deal. Money will still be very high on the agenda for DC
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #706 on: May 15, 2011, 10:44:25 am »

Beckwith, Davis, Osman and Dunn were a quartet of a team that has been relegated and then finished 11th and 16th in league2. Or at least 3 of them were, Beckwith joining us when we were in this league.

I would still say that, on reflection, I would like Dunn to stay. BUT it wouldn't bother me in particular if he didn't. I think thats the thing; none of these departures or pending departures are in any way upsetting. For me though, its about players whom we have a synergy with as fans. And during this 3 year period of failure, theres only really been Bayo who could be classed as a 'fans favourite'. The rest have been very detached from us fans in the stands and I hope that next season this is what changes. Hopefully Johnson will bring back that togetherness which is so important; and its not all about winning its the personalities as well. The feel good factor.

Thats why I always prefer the Holts and Gilligans of this world above the Davis's. If a player always gives 100% then he has my support. Simples. I don't give a **** if people moan at me for having a pop at a Constantine because for me if a player isn't running for every lost cause then he shouldn't be in the team. Harrod at least does that even when he's not scoring and thats why I like him.

Roll on August when hopefully the recovery will start. I have no expectations for next season; Im happy to get into the bus blind folded and see where it takes me. Its year 2 of Johnsons tenure where I will expect success but I will obviously be getting concerned 10 games in if we have less than double figures on our points tally!
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #707 on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:20 am »

As I see it there are rumours chris dunn is wanted by a championship club apparently Coventry city.
If we offer dunn a contract then we are due compensation.
I beleive it's unclear whether we have offered dunn new terms.
Coventry will probably sign dunn on a free if we release him but won't sign him if we offer him terms and therefore compensation is due.
We were probably quite prepared to let him leave until we found out about other clubs interest and realised we could get a few bob out of the deal.
The problem is a chicken and egg one.
Do we offer dunn terms in the hope someone signs him and we get a fee or do we just let him leave and miss out.
The problem is we could offer him terms and find other teams get cold feet regarding his signing meaning we are left with him under contract when I beleive it's unclear whether we actually want him in goal for us.
A bit of brinksmanship being played out at the minute I feel hence the whole scenario is dragging on whilst other decisions on players have been finalised.
If I were the club I'd offer terms (if they haven't already). If Coventry (or whoever it is) is put off by having to pay compensation that should tell Dunny that's all he needs to know - they're looking for cheap cover and he'd be better off not going there. He's a player that the club have nurtured and they are entitled to some compensation if he's to leave, and I think it would be madness for the club in L2 to waive this right.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
D-DayDan

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 15, 2011, 12:39:01 pm »

I cant complain  , as gary johnson has done what I do on FM2011. Sack the lot and start again !

Someone else who uses the ultimate promotion tactic on FM :p
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #709 on: May 15, 2011, 12:41:00 pm »

Just let him go. Johnson clearly doesn't really rate him or else he wouldn't have been on the "hmmm" list.

I'm not so sure about this. If you compare some of the other players who were just told to go he is the only one where there has been some leeway. We have had better keepers and a lot worse too. Make your mind up time so we can get on with planning either way.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #710 on: May 15, 2011, 12:43:40 pm »

Someone else who uses the ultimate promotion tactic on FM :p

Hell yeah , sack every one. Stick on a film whilst you offer every sngle free agent / loanie with an exotic name a trial. My favourait is search "Inho" to find a list of brazilians lol
Report Spam   Logged

b_unknown

« Reply #711 on: May 18, 2011, 18:41:07 pm »

When asked on Saturday if he would be here next season, Leon said "if he's here, I wont be".

He also told me that Alistair Slowe has got himself a contract at Yeovil?? Can't find any evidence of that though... maybe he was just trying to reignite the mystery Smiley

alastair slowe has got a contract at yeovil. not sure when he will be there. hes currently training in ghana, then cyprus then coming back to the UK. this was signed a while ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: