The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:41:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Retained list ?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retained list ?  (Read 33440 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #680 on: May 14, 2011, 09:18:22 am »

To be fair, the only player as far as I can really tell, who has officially rejected a contract offer from us, is Guillem Bauza, and that was so he could move up a league. Can't see how you can blame Gary Johnson for that.
Report Spam   Logged
TheDustonCobbler

« Reply #681 on: May 14, 2011, 09:19:44 am »

To be fair, the only player as far as I can really tell, who has officially rejected a contract offer from us, is Guillem Bauza, and that was so he could move up a league. Can't see how you can blame Gary Johnson for that.

I'll tell you how.

Because most of our fans are absolute numpties and to be honest don't deserve a football club to support.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #682 on: May 14, 2011, 09:38:21 am »

I'm not sure what happens with Dunn. He is of the age where we should get compensation if he leaves on a free, but only if we offer him a contract equal to or better than what he was on. But I mean, say we don't offer him a contract, he comes into GJ's offer Monday morning says I'm 95% sure im going to sign for X, then what, we suddenly off him a token contract, knowing he won't sign as he wants off and then club X finds out he is no longer a free transfer. I'm sure the superb regulatory body that is the football league have thought of this before and there is some sort of detail to sort this out.
Seems a no-brainer that the club offer him the same contract, then. Not sure a tribunal fee would be enough to put a Championship team off, and at least NTFC gets some compensation. It's not as if the club are trying to scupper the move - just getting something back for their 'investment' - which I reckon is the main purpose for the compensation rule.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #683 on: May 14, 2011, 13:56:40 pm »

As regards my earlier post.
The most stupid one on any forum ever!!!
We didn't even have to wait till early next week did we!!!!
Nail on head springs to mind.
It wasn't the content, it was your opinions on the content.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #684 on: May 14, 2011, 14:30:56 pm »

Not up for arguments pal.
They've gone end of.
We move on.
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #685 on: May 14, 2011, 15:27:24 pm »

I'd rather we play our youth team than the bunch of lazy useless c***s that we've seen in recent years.

No-one can comment on his team building because he hasn't started yet. Can't wait for the turncoats on here to change tack when GJ brings together a decent side
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 14, 2011, 15:51:46 pm »

I'll tell you how.

Because most of our fans are absolute numpties and to be honest don't deserve a football club to support.

High five to that!
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 14, 2011, 15:59:40 pm »

Don't worry mate.... I'm normally miles wide of the mark.

You certainly are... Boro players were gutted when GJ got the shove, but don't let that get in the way of a good story.
Report Spam   Logged
dazza

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 14, 2011, 19:06:03 pm »

The only player I'm bothered about leaving is Bauza. The rest of them nearly took us ******* down!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
PineWoody

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #689 on: May 14, 2011, 19:10:27 pm »

I'd rather we play our youth team than the bunch of lazy useless c***s that we've seen in recent years.

No-one can comment on his team building because he hasn't started yet. Can't wait for the turncoats on here to change tack when GJ brings together a decent side
See this is what annoys me about some of our fans, seemingly taken the moral high ground on others for merely raising concerns. I haven't scrolled back through every thread of this page but certainly in the last few there has been anyone openly slating the manager for letting people go, nor people en masse disputing the players leaving (bar the odd support for the odd player or two, but thats purely down to opinions). What you have got, is a few fans raising concerns about how few members we have in our squad. Even if you happen to agree, as I do, that the previous lot weren't up to scratch and getting rid of the majority was problery the right call, it's still perfectly reasonable to have a little worry at what we have right now, literally 4/5 senior players.

Obviously we can't judge GJ until he has made his signings, but rarely is it good (i'm guessing) for a club to completely change a team in the summer, and we are changing nearly 80% of it. As someone else put, we are going to need a lot of friendleys for this new team to be gelling and playing like a team come the new season. This is real life, it isn't football manager, signing players isn't a quick look at their attributes click, click, click done. I will certainly feel a lot better after next when when, accoring to the club, a few announcements will be made. Don't get me wrong, a few good signings before GJ does away on holiday and I think everyone will be excited again, but there is/has to be some sort of concern about our current squad size. But I look forward to seeing the signings and the team Johson does put together come the start of next season.
Report Spam   Logged

GTA Champion - Season 09/10
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 14, 2011, 19:57:15 pm »

See this is what annoys me about some of our fans, seemingly taken the moral high ground on others for merely raising concerns. I haven't scrolled back through every thread of this page but certainly in the last few there has been anyone openly slating the manager for letting people go, nor people en masse disputing the players leaving (bar the odd support for the odd player or two, but thats purely down to opinions). What you have got, is a few fans raising concerns about how few members we have in our squad. Even if you happen to agree, as I do, that the previous lot weren't up to scratch and getting rid of the majority was problery the right call, it's still perfectly reasonable to have a little worry at what we have right now, literally 4/5 senior players.

Obviously we can't judge GJ until he has made his signings, but rarely is it good (i'm guessing) for a club to completely change a team in the summer, and we are changing nearly 80% of it. As someone else put, we are going to need a lot of friendleys for this new team to be gelling and playing like a team come the new season. This is real life, it isn't football manager, signing players isn't a quick look at their attributes click, click, click done. I will certainly feel a lot better after next when when, accoring to the club, a few announcements will be made. Don't get me wrong, a few good signings before GJ does away on holiday and I think everyone will be excited again, but there is/has to be some sort of concern about our current squad size. But I look forward to seeing the signings and the team Johson does put together come the start of next season.

I think you might be suffering from post relegation battle stress syndrome and may well be in need of counselling.  I recommend that you take a rest from that CIA torture technique known as messageboarding and come back in 8 weeks time.  Dr Johnson will take care of you and you'll come back feeling like a new supporter.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #691 on: May 14, 2011, 20:03:43 pm »

These players nearly took us to the oblivion of non-league football and some were around for our abject relegation from L1.

Good riddance!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #692 on: May 14, 2011, 20:14:50 pm »

Wouldn't it be funny if Gary Johnson left now?
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #693 on: May 14, 2011, 20:18:42 pm »

Grin
Wouldnt be a surprise would it
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 14, 2011, 20:23:14 pm »

Grin  Grin  Grin Funny as f***. We would need a webcam link so we could watch some of the twats on here in meltdown.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 14, 2011, 21:13:00 pm »

What you have got, is a few fans raising concerns about how few members we have in our squad. Even if you happen to agree, as I do, that the previous lot weren't up to scratch and getting rid of the majority was problery the right call, it's still perfectly reasonable to have a little worry at what we have right now, literally 4/5 senior players.

Don't get me wrong, a few good signings before GJ does away on holiday and I think everyone will be excited again, but there is/has to be some sort of concern about our current squad size.

Here we go again?! Please help me to understand your concerns, i don't know the possibilities are you're worried that there isnt enough time to build a new team/squad even though theres well over 2 months before the start of next season?

Or is it you're worried that nobody is going to want to sign for big bad Gary "Hand Grenade" Johnson?

Or you're concerned that bringing 10-12 players will take awhile to settle in - even though we rightly released an under performing team?

It comes across to me, that you're concerned GJ isnt going to sign enough players in time and that we'll have to field some of the supporters instead next season unless GJ signs someone before the rest of the world gets there before us? Is it this one? Sorry please explain i'm intrigued.  Undecided  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
PineWoody

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #696 on: May 14, 2011, 21:26:47 pm »

I guess it's just a mixture of all of those reasons, although i'm not concerned about him having to field supporters beleive it or not. I guess the main part of my concern and it is only a small concern, is that we may well not be playing well as a team come the start of the season. I would agree with everyone else that they can hardly play much less like a team than the lot last season, so this was on balance the right thing to do, but nevertheless I'm just wary we may expect too much too quickly from a pretty much brand new team becuase let's face it, im sure with Johnson in charge the vast majority are expecting play-offs as an absolute minimum and I just would be interested to know when/if teams have had such a high turnover of players in one summer and then gone on to get a top 3 league finish, but im hopeful.
Report Spam   Logged

GTA Champion - Season 09/10
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #697 on: May 14, 2011, 21:29:48 pm »

I think you might be suffering from post relegation battle stress syndrome and may well be in need of counselling.  I recommend that you take a rest from that CIA torture technique known as messageboarding and come back in 8 weeks time.  Dr Johnson will take care of you and you'll come back feeling like a new supporter.

Pinewoody - Insider is right. Surely the point is that the current setup of players were not up to the required standard. When you start losing consistently to the likes of Hereford and Barnet then clearly there is a problem. Our final league position was a little flattering.It might have been the case that had Sammo stayed we may well have been relegated. It was only in the last few matches did we improve sufficiently to survive together with a nice referee for the Stevenage game. I agree with Dr Johnson's policy - he has to get rid/banish the "Div 1" relegation mentality which has hung over us for far too long. With this clearout I feel he may have achieved it.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 14, 2011, 23:08:06 pm »

I guess it's just a mixture of all of those reasons, although i'm not concerned about him having to field supporters beleive it or not. I guess the main part of my concern and it is only a small concern, is that we may well not be playing well as a team come the start of the season. I would agree with everyone else that they can hardly play much less like a team than the lot last season, so this was on balance the right thing to do, but nevertheless I'm just wary we may expect too much too quickly from a pretty much brand new team becuase let's face it, im sure with Johnson in charge the vast majority are expecting play-offs as an absolute minimum and I just would be interested to know when/if teams have had such a high turnover of players in one summer and then gone on to get a top 3 league finish, but im hopeful.

I can appreciate the thinking of so many new faces taking its time to gel in and play well immediately, unfortunately as you agree this is the only way forward and it may well be the case that we start off slowly and the moronic lot will then be in full swing, slating this that and the other no doubt - however the footballing people amongst us will hopefully appreciate that rome wasnt built in a day and with a little patience we'll be up there challenging. The player recruitment side is in very good hands in GJ, this is probably the most fun part of management other than getting results, and i'm sure GJ is like a kid in a sweet shop at the moment, lets not forget he's had players of the right calibre already lined up to come in to speak to him, in fact he's already stated that he's spoken to potential new players long before the season had finished - some of which will apparently sign in the next couple of weeks. I just really think it's a complete non issue regarding the few players we currently have, this is to be expected and if you can't have trust in GJ to bring in the necessary, all round better quality, then what chance has he got with some supporters. He has a record that speaks for itself - so believe in it.
Report Spam   Logged
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #699 on: May 15, 2011, 06:33:12 am »

I can appreciate the thinking of so many new faces taking its time to gel in and play well immediately, unfortunately as you agree this is the only way forward and it may well be the case that we start off slowly and the moronic lot will then be in full swing, slating this that and the other no doubt - however the footballing people amongst us will hopefully appreciate that rome wasnt built in a day and with a little patience we'll be up there challenging. The player recruitment side is in very good hands in GJ, this is probably the most fun part of management other than getting results, and i'm sure GJ is like a kid in a sweet shop at the moment, lets not forget he's had players of the right calibre already lined up to come in to speak to him, in fact he's already stated that he's spoken to potential new players long before the season had finished - some of which will apparently sign in the next couple of weeks. I just really think it's a complete non issue regarding the few players we currently have, this is to be expected and if you can't have trust in GJ to bring in the necessary, all round better quality, then what chance has he got with some supporters. He has a record that speaks for itself - so believe in it.

Great post
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: