The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:38:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Listen to big Dave,

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listen to big Dave,  (Read 7180 times)
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 21:32:57 pm »

Well I'm going to side with Steve Riches, it was unwise and it was uneccessary, the Saints handled the situation much better, something along the lines that our fans know who to vote for to best help the club, without putting a name to a political party. One day in the future we may need the votes of the Liberals or the Labour party to secure the expansion of the ground. This proclomation puts that help in grave doubt.

Well the Labour party have in effect seemingly come out and said they think the LD's are a bunch of w'kers, or words to that effect. People have to negotiate with people in life irrespective of their politics, race, religion or sexual preferences. That's just the way it is.

So, to suggest that these people wouldn't work with the club because DC supported the Conservatives at this election is a bit silly.

I think the reality is that the LD's have been a little out of their depth with this "being in charge" malarky. Easy to criticise from the sidelines but not quite so easy to manage. I'm sure the electorate will have given their verdict to them today.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 22:02:16 pm »

Well, it appears the other DC in this country doesn't like the Lib Dems either, considering that he is trying to undermine them on AV and everything else.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 07:14:45 am »

I don't see what the issue is.

Big Dave thinks the Tories give him his best chance of getting his redevelopment.

Big Dave then says that.

Its up to the voters whether they agree with him or not isn't it? That's the beauty of democracy.  Cool

Spot on mate.....I've had leaflets from faceless organisations from the last 6 weeks telling me which way they think I should vote on the AV referendum.....

At least DC has a face (albeit a very worried one!)....

Nobody had a gun to my head last night when I put a big fat cross next to my Conservative candidate... I did it because LibDem has (nationally and locally) made me come to hate them.

I used to vote for them nationally every election without fail....
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 07:21:28 am »

I'm going to remember this when all of those hate filled Tory Ted jibes come out again. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 08:34:32 am »

I'm going to remember this when all of those hate filled Tory Ted jibes come out again. Smiley
Don't you feel even slightly uncomfortable, Ted, that Peterborough also use the colour blue?!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 09:21:08 am »

Don't you feel even slightly uncomfortable, Ted, that Peterborough also use the colour blue?!

Can't live your life running away from coincidence can you Steve?

For what its worth I spent yesterday plodding around Kettering knocking on doors getting the Tory vote out for my best friend who's standing for election there. Does that make me evil?  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 11:18:25 am »

For what its worth I spent yesterday plodding around Kettering knocking on doors getting the Tory vote out for my best friend who's standing for election there. Does that make me evil?  Cool

Yep  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 11:22:25 am »

Yep  Grin

Just found out he topped his ward as well. Tory first, Labour second and third.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 13:09:38 pm »

OOh, that's a co-incidence, I used to play hockey for Kettering.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 13:10:52 pm »

OOh, that's a co-incidence, I used to play hockey for Kettering.

Don't you feel uncomfortable knowing that Kettering is a Conservative council having played hockey for them in the past?  Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 14:57:37 pm »

To come back to DC & the Conservatives...part of my reasoning is that if the Conservatives had overall control of NBC, DC would be further from getting what he wants for the Cobblers, not closer, because one of the other parties would "call in" any Conservative decision to develop Sixfields using major food retail or something similar, and we'd simply have gone back 6 years to the same point. However if ALL the parties on NBC were forced to co-operate on a plan for Sixfields, then they can't later break ranks and call it in. The Sec of State then would not be involved.
I haven't seen the results yet, but it is unlikely they'll have overall voting control because the total of other non-Conservative candidates will exceed their total. So they'd be forced to seek partners on any big vote.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 14:59:12 pm »

Don't you feel uncomfortable knowing that Kettering is a Conservative council having played hockey for them in the past?  Wink Grin
I don't think we played in blue, but our sticks were bent.
Report Spam   Logged
SeanODonovan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 15:02:42 pm »

It will be interesting to see how it goes tonight - the count in Northampton starts at 6pm. I feel that a Football Club should be political but above party politics - the Club belongs to the whole Town. We should be trying to gather support from Councillors across party-lines. Party politics often divides a community but football clubs like NTFC should unite everyone.
Also I see that a name from the past - Mr Tony Ansell - is running for the Tories in the Abington Ward. He seems a hard-working character and a long-term supporters of the Cobblers. I may even have been a little tempted (but just a little) to vote for him.
Maybe we will see the return of the Ansellburger at the Nou Sixfields.   Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 15:38:37 pm »

Tony Ansell supported the Cobblers by selling burgers in the ground, perhaps KFC supports us too?
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 15:42:31 pm »

At least Ansell is prepared to pull his finger out to get things done, he sees more real voters than most of our councillors and he knows how they feel and is happy to work to sort out what they want.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 15:47:27 pm »

I saw Tony Ansell on Bank holiday Monday during the Variety show on Abington Park... He had posters up all around his cafe saying the only way to change things is vote Independent.... The park was busy the show was pretty good and Tony Ansell was walking around with a woman and they were having a great laugh wearing Kate and Wills masks
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 16:29:28 pm »

I've never been so polite about you....
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 18:40:48 pm »

I don't think we played in blue, but our sticks were bent.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 18:45:51 pm »

I saw Tony Ansell on Bank holiday Monday during the Variety show on Abington Park... He had posters up all around his cafe saying the only way to change things is vote Independent.... The park was busy the show was pretty good and Tony Ansell was walking around with a woman and they were having a great laugh wearing Kate and Wills masks

First rumours coming through are that Tony's won in Abington.

Brian Hoare has apparently LOST his seat.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 18:47:38 pm »

Has anyone else noticed the irony in the fact that even getting the results from a current LibDem council is seeing massive delays vs other forward thinking councils? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: