The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:42:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Official Summer Rumours Thread

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Summer Rumours Thread  (Read 135678 times)
oop_north

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2011, 10:40:22 am »

Again you're wrong.  These days players at that level command a fee, but instead to the fee going to the selling club, it goes straight to the player. More correctly it's a signing-on bonus.   Murphy will almost certainly command a fee because other clubs are interested in him including Palace and Ipswich. 

Aha.  The concept of a ‘Free Transfer’.  As I’m sure you know, back in the bad old days when a transfer fee of £100,000 was a kings ransom, and tackles from behind hadn’t even been defined as such, a player who was subject to a transfer got (usually) 10% of the transfer fee as a ’signing on’ fee.  However, if available on a ‘Free’, the signing on fee was negotiable.  Of course the rise of the industry of ‘Agents’ and the Bosman ruling of 1995 have slightly clouded this.

However, the principle remains the same.  If buying a player for £100,000, the buying club must pay £100,000 to the selling club, plus a sign-on fee (of say £10,000 - thus making the outgoings £110,000).  If signing the same player who is not under contract, any signing on fee is purely negotiated between the acquiring club, the ‘Agent’ and the player.  So, said player may accept a £10.000 signing on fee - in which case the acquiring club’s outlay is £10,000.  Or, £100,000 less than if they had to pay a fee to the club holding his contract.

The concept of ‘Free’ is thus not related to the cost of acquiring a player, but to their contract status.

The 'signing on' fee is of course subject to market forces.  An out-of-contract player who is in demand can command higher wages/signing on fee/contract renewal fee combination than a player who is wanted only by one club.  The role of the Agent under these circumstances is to create 'Puffs' around the demand for the player, in the hope of inflating wages/signing on fees/contract renewal fees.

If you love me, please express your undying affection through the thread started by IWishIWasAFly in the general chat area under the topic “The peace and love love-in thread.”
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:46:03 am by oop_north » Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2011, 12:35:06 pm »

Bayo's in on monday for contract talks.
I know he's holding out on resiging for Gillingham, but is that a real rumour, or just nonsense? I'd for one love to see him back.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 22, 2011, 12:59:41 pm »

Bayo?  No thank you.  If you look at Gillingham gossip you will see most are happy he should move on and complain about his fitness level.  Sounds familiar.  Not a Johnson player I would say.
Report Spam   Logged
ClaretCobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #403 on: May 22, 2011, 13:17:31 pm »

I know he's holding out on resiging for Gillingham, but is that a real rumour, or just nonsense? I'd for one love to see him back.

Apparently so, my mates dad is friends with a director, thats what he said  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #404 on: May 22, 2011, 14:14:06 pm »

If johnson wants to play football but have a big lump to play against your morcambes and your maccelsfields of this world , then bayo is that lump !.

he plays better here because he has mad love lol
Report Spam   Logged

Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 22, 2011, 14:52:03 pm »

Bayo and Harrad is certainly more impressive sounding than Bayo and Guinan or Bayo and Constantine. The Leon Mckenzie factor might make this unlikely mind. I'll believe it when I see it though. It's all a bit 'My mates days says' at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #406 on: May 22, 2011, 15:26:23 pm »

The Leon Mckenzie factor might make this unlikely mind.

Agreed. If we wanted to sign an injury-prone but sporadically deadly striker we would have kept Leon. We need someone who can play 40+ games a season up there. That's what GJ said, and that's what he need to find.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 22, 2011, 15:58:04 pm »

Bayo has played 44 and 40 games in the last 2 seasons.........
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #408 on: May 22, 2011, 16:49:23 pm »

can we leave facts out of this please and continue with the half truths, suspicians and guesses please
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #409 on: May 22, 2011, 17:26:38 pm »

can we leave facts out of this please and continue with the half truths, suspicians and guesses please

+++++

Brilliant wit - made me laugh as well Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #410 on: May 22, 2011, 17:27:04 pm »

You are the new Marvo and I claim my £5.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2011, 18:17:25 pm »

Agreed. If we wanted to sign an injury-prone but sporadically deadly striker we would have kept Leon. We need someone who can play 40+ games a season up there. That's what GJ said, and that's what he need to find.

Sporadically deadly Bungle?

My wifes 6 week old kitten poses more threat to 6' 5" keepers than leon ever did lol..... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2011, 18:25:46 pm »

I would not mind seeing Bayo back.  Gary Johnson has not been adverse to playing with a physical decoy and given our budget Bayo is probably about the best we can afford.
Report Spam   Logged
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 22, 2011, 18:31:52 pm »

Bayo had his day here. A return would be a step back.
Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #414 on: May 22, 2011, 18:39:13 pm »

He was a good servant to the club and I even met him once, an alright bloke, but I wouldn't really want to see him back. Not really fit enough and GJ needs a squad who can play every game and Bayo was unreliable for us in terms of fitness. Also, in most cases, when players go back to clubs after a successful first spell, it never seems to quite work out the same way, take the example of Mark Little, who wasn't anywhere near as good in his second loan spell as he was in his first, and at a higher level, Roque Santa Cruz returned to Blackburn on loan this season after leaving them for Man City two years ago, played 9 times and didn't score once.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler56

« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2011, 20:01:04 pm »

Never understood this obsession by supporters for the return of former players, it's like they can't think of anyone else.

I doubt very much the rumour about Bayo is true, he doesn't fit into the stereotypical Gary Johnson mould, like others have said, McKenzie could do just as good a job in similar circumstances and he wasn't wanted.

Bayo was a cult figure in his time at Sixfields, how about we just leave it at that?
Report Spam   Logged
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2011, 20:10:13 pm »

I'd love to see Bayo back. A good a targetman as we could get. Great first touch and good goalscorer. All this stuff about players not being good in there second spell is a myth. There's loads of players that went back and have been a success
Report Spam   Logged
jayntfc

« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2011, 20:10:21 pm »

.... yeah except Bayo has actually played most of the games this season and in his last one with us. Whereas Leon cold literally only play one in every 2/3 games.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2011, 20:13:41 pm »

And onl y scored 11 goals....  Far worse a strike rate than Colin Larkin during his time here  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2011, 20:15:53 pm »

Bayo has moved on and I think you lot should do the same!  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: