The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:46:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Who would you start with Bayo?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you start with Bayo?  (Read 2209 times)
TheDustonCobbler

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:29:00 am »

Reason i ask this is because i saw on Jake Robinsons Twitter account that he had indicated GJ had said him and Bayo up front....

I'd possibly go with Harrad AND Robinson with Bayo.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:41:44 am »

Bit of a difficult question to answer as we haven't really seen Robinson play. I'm sure there will be occasions in pre-Season where we'll see all 3 up front, and others where Jacobs and Robinson will support from out wide. Me? I'd have Harrad and Bayo - seems like that could be the most effective combination - but, as I say, havent really got any information to form an opinion about Robbo yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
EastNpton

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 08:42:14 am »

Johnsons gonna say a lot of things. Id say it will be Bayo and Harrad up front with Robinson right mid.

There is the possibility of Johnson playing a 4-3-3 at times along the lines of

Gk

Johnson Tozer Webster LB

Thornton Wedderburn Jacobs

Robinson Bayo Harrad
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:01:19 am »

Wow there would be goals both ends with that formation, just Wedderburn in midfield really cause Jacobs and Thornton are more about attacking...still worth a go, teams wont like playing against it and it will be entertaining to watch.
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:29 am »

I'd go with 3-4-3

GK
Johnson Tozer Webster
Davies(?) Thornton CM Jacobs
Harrad Bay Robinson

Although tozer more likely in midfield with Nana at the back
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
YoungCobbler

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 11:24:45 am »

I don't see why everyone is putting Tozer in the squad, everyone last season was constantly complaining about him and now they're excited he has joined.. Have I missed something?
I don't think Tozer is good enough but would be a good bench warmer.
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 13:03:42 pm »

I don't see why everyone is putting Tozer in the squad, everyone last season was constantly complaining about him and now they're excited he has joined.. Have I missed something?
I don't think Tozer is good enough but would be a good bench warmer.

I'm not against Ben Tozer, but I also raised the same point, I read enough criticisms towards Tozer last season and now i'm hearing the usual fickle turnaround. How many game into the season until we hear, "Whys Tozer playing in midfield for, he's a defender, he was bloody useless today blah blah blah, Johnson sort it out!" - two weeks?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 13:15:42 pm by TheBigPicture » Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 13:09:06 pm »

Oh and keeping on topic, Bayo and Harrad no brainer, Robinson will have a wider role for us, occasionally he'll be used in the center as and when necessary.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 14:22:39 pm »

I really think we should give 4-3-3 a go. Our attacking options are clearly the best so let's utilise them.

Robinson, Bayo and Harrad up front.
Report Spam   Logged
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 15:53:29 pm »

You normally find teams who try to play 433 end up playing 451 with 2 wide men forced to wide and central striker isolated so id stick 442 for now with robinson cutting in from the right and crackers from the left.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 16:44:17 pm »

For me it'd be Akinfenwa plus whoever had been most in-form in pre-season between Robinson, Harrad and McKay (and possibly Uwezu if he stays). The good thing about having 3 or 4 quality strikers is that the second one of them loses form, there's one or two others ready and waiting to take their place in the team.
Report Spam   Logged

roz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 17:25:01 pm »

Looks like poor Tadgh is the forgotten man of the forward line!! Hopefully that's only on this messageboard and GJ has him in his plans still!!
Report Spam   Logged

Monkey & Gimps Mum - someone has to be!!!
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 17:44:45 pm »

Looks like poor Tadgh is the forgotten man of the forward line!! Hopefully that's only on this messageboard and GJ has him in his plans still!!

If Tadgh gets a game this season.... he'll have comments on here such as "WTF did he play for...clearly not match fit!"

You just know it'll come ... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler56

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 17:45:06 pm »

I'm not against Ben Tozer, but I also raised the same point, I read enough criticisms towards Tozer last season and now i'm hearing the usual fickle turnaround. How many game into the season until we hear, "Whys Tozer playing in midfield for, he's a defender, he was bloody useless today blah blah blah, Johnson sort it out!" - two weeks?

I'd say that would depend upon the results. If we're top of the league ans scoring for fun I doubt anybody will be complaining too much.
Report Spam   Logged
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 19:05:13 pm »

would you start with Bayo?

No. He would beat the shite out of me. Tongue
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:09:02 am by IwishIwasafly » Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 19:11:33 pm »

I really think we should give 4-3-3 a go. Our attacking options are clearly the best so let's utilise them.

Robinson, Bayo and Harrad up front.

I don't see either Bayo or Harrad working well on the far side of a front three.

I imagine we'll probably rotate Harrad & Robinson alongside Bayo, with the one the bench coming on for the big man for the last 15 or so.

Report Spam   Logged
TheDustonCobbler

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 21:36:53 pm »

I don't think he has been forgotten, just that it will take him a while to get up to speed so won't be considered as an automatic starter for the start of the season imo.
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 08:40:59 am »

Based on last season I know who I wouldn't start with.  However, that's irrelevant as 11-12 is a fresh start and on that basis I couldn't possibly comment until I've seen a couple of pre-season matches.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 09:41:46 am »

Based on last season I know who I wouldn't start with.  However, that's irrelevant as 11-12 is a fresh start and on that basis I couldn't possibly comment until I've seen a couple of pre-season matches.

Because pre-season means so much Linda doesn't it?
  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Biscuit Barrel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 09:48:14 am »

There are no names on my teamsheet yet.

The slate has been wiped clean and it's now down to the players to come back from the close season and their prove their fitness/attitude/ability
Report Spam   Logged

You can't polish a turd........but you can roll it in glitter
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: